• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monday Night Combat |OT| Time to let loose with the juice!

I just played a couple games as Cheston and I can finally start to see improvement after I took some tips into consideration.

D0D4883CA8E0806F8A67B75D883D6BC45B83EE16
D9CF3D070AFED7DF7FF9DA58C34FCC5C0E7D9B28

I just had to kill more bots as fast as hell and avoid dying at all times. The kills to the players just came naturally as I played.

Tokubetsu

Just went 8-2 as combat girl with like 15 assists. Basically just prioritized laser over EVERYTHING else. Did kitty bots last. If I wasn't getting kills with the laser, I was getting them down to quarter health. Ballin'

Axiom

Is there a way to recall a Support firebase? I'm sure I've seen it done and looking on a wiki led me to an 'F prompt' to recall...but I've never had that pop up and googling around isn't helping matters.

I feel like I've learnt A-Z and somehow missed C along the way.

Axiom

*head desk*

The sad thing is I thought I tried that and knew that's how you get rid of kitties with Combat Girl.

I'm kind of amazed I've been doing as well as I have...though it did certainly teach me effective placement (except when the annihilator is nearly up and the firebase has not been destroyed)

Wthermans

Banned
*head desk*

The sad thing is I thought I tried that and knew that's how you get rid of kitties with Combat Girl.

I'm kind of amazed I've been doing as well as I have...though it did certainly teach me effective placement (except when the annihilator is nearly up and the firebase has not been destroyed)

CG doesn't dismiss Kitties with her skill. She simply throws another one out and if you reach your max, it'll destroy the previous kitty and place a new one.

Is there a way to turn chat off completely? I ignore it for most part but there is nothing ever worthwhile being said in it. Decided to play as assassin earlier because it looked fun, okay I went 0-16 but I just wanted to try it out not get constantly harassed for daring to try this weeks free classes.

BurningNad

They must have changed matchmaking, I've been put on the stomping side of game stomps for like the last 2 days. feelsgoodman.jpg

They must have changed matchmaking, I've been put on the stomping side of game stomps for like the last 2 days. feelsgoodman.jpg

Not for me, I bought one of those 100% for every win boosters about 4 days ago, since then I have played maybe 15 matches and won 3 :/ my win/loss used to be nice but now it's like 89/110

I would have played a lot more but man, so annoying to be paired up with what feels like new players, today I dropped the enemy moneyball 3 times yet my team just kept getting into player fights in the middle of the map instead like it was team DM.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Not for me, I bought one of those 100% for every win boosters about 4 days ago, since then I have played maybe 15 matches and won 3 :/ my win/loss used to be nice but now it's like 89/110

I would have played a lot more but man, so annoying to be paired up with what feels like new players, today I dropped the enemy moneyball 3 times yet my team just kept getting into player fights in the middle of the map instead like it was team DM.

play leo he's kinda OP at the moment with the right product combo (one that damages enemies on grapple + one that adds armor at 100% health) and can push an entire lane himself with his bot abilities. i pretty much get all the way to the moneyball by myself every game with leo.

Hi gaf, question. I recently bought a laptop and just created a steam account. Is this game hard to play? I know its F2P, but do i need to buy something to enjoy the game at its fullest?

play leo he's kinda OP at the moment with the right product combo (one that damages enemies on grapple + one that adds armor at 100% health) and can push an entire lane himself with his bot abilities. i pretty much get all the way to the moneyball by myself every game with leo.

he is a beast but I can see him being gimped after the next update somehow, his turret is godly.

Hi gaf, question. I recently bought a laptop and just created a steam account. Is this game hard to play? I know its F2P, but do i need to buy something to enjoy the game at its fullest?

Real money only gets you xp or coin boosters and cosmetic gear, the stuff which will change your fire rates and reload speeds is minor, such as the fire rate speed is capped at 10%.

It has a steep learning curve but just pick someone you like the style of and stick with them for your first matches and you will learn the ropes, ignore idiots in chat.

Real money only gets you xp or coin boosters and cosmetic gear, the stuff which will change your fire rates and reload speeds is minor, such as the fire rate speed is capped at 10%.

It has a steep learning curve but just pick someone you like the style of and stick with them for your first matches and you will learn the ropes, ignore idiots in chat.

I'll give it a try, thank you :)

Characters, endorsements and products are the three gameplay affecting unlocks you'll be faced with. In game credit prices vary, but it'll take a fair amount of matches (I'm at around 15 to buy some cheaper stuff), depending on how good you are of course.

Until you buy a character, you are subject to the whims of whatever the free characters are that week. Not directly a handicap, but if you don't have the player you want, you may have difficulty, combined with being restricted in being able to choose a character that fits with the team/counters your opponents.

Endorsements are expensive, but you really need a lot of them to make a difference. As you can't even have that many when you start, it's only an issue when you are a much higher level.

Products are probably the biggest concern. You can have 3 early, and certain ones can make a fairly big difference, but they're still pretty expensive. Early on this'll probably be the biggest advantage someone who throws money at the game will get.

DarkKyo

Products are probably the biggest concern. You can have 3 early, and certain ones can make a fairly big difference, but they're still pretty expensive. Early on this'll probably be the biggest advantage someone who throws money at the game will get.

You can't buy products with real money. That's combat credit based.

Gah, I am getting grouped with some terrible teams lately. It seems like people are finally learning that dying is bad, so they overcompensate by playing as passively as possible. We just had a support who rarely got close enough to a fight to heal anyone, and if he did, he hid behind a corner and refused to follow anyone into combat. He spent most of the match nursing a firebase next to our moneyball, accomplishing nothing.

The game before that, I had a team where nobody would leave cover to kill bots or pressure turrets, even when I had them healed up to max armor as Combat Girl. Anytime we had an opening to push bots uncontested, they just stood around and waited for the bots to come to them. And no one ever made an attempt at the annihilator, they just stayed in their lanes slowly churning through bots.

I guess it's better than endless feeding, but in a way it's more frustrating to be surrounded by teammates who just stand around slack-jawed during any confrontation.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Gah, I am getting grouped with some terrible teams lately. It seems like people are finally learning that dying is bad, so they overcompensate by playing as passively as possible. We just had a support who rarely got close enough to a fight to heal anyone, and if he did, he hid behind a corner and refused to follow anyone into combat. He spent most of the match nursing a firebase next to our moneyball, accomplishing nothing.

The game before that, I had a team where nobody would leave cover to kill bots or pressure turrets, even when I had them healed up to max armor as Combat Girl. Anytime we had an opening to push bots uncontested, they just stood around and waited for the bots to come to them. And no one ever made an attempt at the annihilator, they just stayed in their lanes slowly churning through bots.

I guess it's better than endless feeding, but in a way it's more frustrating to be surrounded by teammates who just stand around slack-jawed during any confrontation.

At least feeders can say they're trying. That sounds beyond annoying.

I keep running into teams with that guy. You know, the one that blames the entire team for his shitty play. Complains that nobody defended the Ani yet was nowhere to be seen while you were getting ganked at that very spot. Barks orders to push the opposite lane you're in while you're practically at the Moneyball uncontested.

I love that guy so hard.

elfinke

Leo will be getting nerf to Mona Laser damage in the next patch (tomorrow).

Thank fuck. That weapon's fall off damage is not nearly strong enough, especially compared to the Tank's railgun. Combined with the rate of fire... >:|

WHY CAN'T I STOP READING AND INTERACTING WITH THE CHAT.

Why? T___T

I'm always in chat. I love it. I always send a 'Good luck everyone (except early leavers)' type message before the game starts, shoot a quick 'lol' at anyone I ring out and get annoyed at people who leave at the end without sending atleast a 'gg' in post-game chat.

In fact, I'd be a fan of a mandatory 10sec wait in the lobby before you can leave, post match.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Thank fuck. That weapon's fall off damage is not nearly strong enough, especially compared to the Tank's railgun. Combined with the rate of fire... >:|

I'm always in chat. I love it. I always send a 'Good luck everyone (except early leavers)' type message before the game starts, shoot a quick 'lol' at anyone I ring out and get annoyed at people who leave at the end without sending atleast a 'gg' in post-game chat.

In fact, I'd be a fan of a mandatory 10sec wait in the lobby before you can leave, post match.

Yeah, when you win a gift everyone leaves before its even opened.

I hate wasting a witty retort :3

dejan

Rule Changes: 5 - 5/10/12:
New Rules
  • Added Steam Trading.
  • Added the ability to change chat rooms.
  • Added trading specific chat rooms.
  • Greatly reworked main menu, store and locker room UI.
  • Improved the UberNet login page with password recovery tools.
  • Added new Annihilator console art.
  • Added a time out for Training Bots so that they don't get stuck and lag the server and clients.
  • Added headshot icons to replays.
  • GG Stack and Chip Valvano: Reduced the amount of Kill Streak and Multikill announcements.
  • Reduced the amount of Kill Streak and Multikill messages.
  • Added new icons for all weapons.
  • Added indicator for all 'placed' skill items, seen by allies.
  • Added language filter to chat.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed typo "+$" at the beginning of a Kill Streak message.
  • Fixed tracers from sometimes being the wrong color.
  • Fixed incorrect spawn time increases after the 25 minute mark.
  • Fixed friends list invite window spilling off the side of the screen.

Bundles
  • New bundle: Hippies

Products
  • All Magnet: Improved how it pulls pickups. Will not pull juice or oranges if you have full juice. Will not pull armor if you have full armor. Will not pull churros if you are at full health and full skills. Will not pull bacon if you already have it. You can still walk on these pickups to pick them up normally.

Downtown Spunky Arena
  • Continued art revisions.
  • Fixed a small ledge on the side buildings where players could unintentionally stand.

Training Camp
  • Fixed not allowing uniforms, taunts, weapons, endorsements, and products.
  • Added more instructional VO.

Assassin
  • New Uniform Head: Chickey Hat - Post-Game Prize only.
  • Leap: Slows that shorten the distance now only use 25% of the slow rather than the previous 50%
  • Smoke Bomb: Now interrupts enemy lock on skills.

Assault
  • Fly: No longer protects you from grapples if you are 'close to the ground'.
  • Grenade Launcher: Full Damage Radius: 64 -> 128
  • Grenade Launcher: Damage Radius Falloff: 128 -> 256
  • Grenade Launcher: Maximum Explosive Damage: 99 -> 90
  • Grenade Launcher: Minimum Explosive Damage: 50 -> 45
  • Charge: Removed slow from upgrade level 4.

Captain Spark
  • New Uniform: Hot Rod
  • Arc Flash: Slows that shorten the distance now only use 25% of the slow rather than the previous 50%
  • Megahurtz: Range: 2048/2048/2048/2048 -> 1792/1792/1792/1792
  • Megahurtz: Now interrupts enemy lock on skills.

Combat Girl
  • New Uniform: Engineer - Received through achievement, Team Fortress 2 crossover item
  • Combat Healer: Heal Money: 0.025 -> 0.0375

Gunner

Gunslinger
  • Knee Cap: Range: 1792/2048/2304/2560 -> 2304/2304/2304/2304

Karl
  • Bouncing Buddies: Added explosive falloff: Full Damage Radius: 128, Fall Off Damage Radius: 256, Minimum Damage: 35
  • Bouncing Buddies: Now properly team colored.

Leo
  • Mona Laser: Damage: 70 -> 55
  • Mona Laser: Explosive Damage: 60 -> 45
  • Mona Laser: Full Damage Range/Fall Off Range: 2560/3072 -> 2048/3072
  • Balestra: Damage: 40 -> 45
  • Adoration of the AI: Cooldown: 20/14/10/7.5 -> 40/27/20/15

Megabeth
  • New Uniform: Soldier - Received through achievement, Team Fortress 2 crossover item
  • Derby Disku: Now has a very short weapon firing lockout, like all 'throw' skills. This keeps Megabeth from accidentally shooting the ground while she throws the Disku.

Sniper

Support
  • Air Strike: Fixed Airstrike sometimes, rarely, doing double damage.
  • Heal/Hurt Gun: Heal Money: 0.05 -> 0.075

Tank
  • Jet Gun: Damage: 23 -> 25
  • Rail Gun: Damage: 80 -> 85
  • Rail Gun: Reload: 2 -> 1.5
  • Rail Gun: Fire Interval: 1 -> 0.9
  • Rail Gun: Full Range: 2560 -> 2048
  • Tank Charge: Removed slow effect from upgrade level 4.
  • Product Grenade: Now interrupts enemy lock on skills.

Veteran
  • Freight Train: Non-Grapple Push Impulse: 75000/75000/75000/100000 -> 50000/50000/50000/50000
  • Freight Train: Removed slow effect from upgrade level 4
  • Freight Train: Fixed Non-Grapple Freight Train doing more damage than intended: Damage: 100/200/250/300 -> 50/100/125/150

Wascot
  • Party Pooper: Now interrupts enemy lock on skills.
  • Shifty Shuffle: Lifesteal Amount: 0.025/0.05/0.1/0.125 -> 0.05/0.1/0.125/0.15
  • Coin Launcher: Fixed them from timing out randomly. Will now live 5 seconds after they land on the ground.
  • Coin Launcher: New effect for same-team coins.

Tokubetsu

PAtch live yet? And what achievements are those skins tied to?

EDIT: Nvm I see now.
Steam trading is upon us! You can now trade Super MNC items through Steam. Trading comes with a brand new Team Fortress 2 crossover! Achieve Agent level 5 and earn the Gunslinger's hat for the Sniper in Team Fortress 2. Achieve Agent level 10 and earn the Engineer's uniform for Combat Girl in Super MNC. Achieve Agent level 15 and earn the Solder's uniform for Megabeth in Super MNC. Achieve Agent level 20 and earn the Assassin's helmet for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2! In combination with trading we've introduced an entire line of Chickey Cantor heads that are only found via Post-Game Prizes.

BurningNad

Curious as to what the rotation is going to be. I have 9000+ coins saved up, but I don't want to buy a Pro who will be available this week.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I feel the opposit, a skilled player is going to own with sin. Dude comes into lobby "I pick sin, and we win" etc. hate them.
I agree she was OP before. But now she's too weak. Also skilled player my ass. Its not the player that makes her great, its her skills. She can combo easliy. Invisi->grab from behinde->stun->knife->grab->esscape.

KarmaCow

LTTP here but a 1.3 gig patch? Fuck that was not a good thing to notice when it's 90% done and on a tight bandwidth cap.

FatBaby

Now that trading is up, would anyone like to trade me for this extra Veteran I got? I wanted only one, but I got charged for two and wound up with two, so I would like to see if I could get a different Pro.

My preference would be for Combat Girl, but I'll consider anything of equal (or greater ;)) value. I bought the Veteran at $1.99 just to give you an idea. Combat Girl is the same price I believe.

Anyway, send me a PM if you are interested.

Now that trading is up, would anyone like to trade me for this extra Veteran I got? I wanted only one, but I got charged for two and wound up with two, so I would like to see if I could get a different Pro.

My preference would be for Combat Girl, but I'll consider anything of equal (or greater ;)) value. I bought the Veteran at $1.99 just to give you an idea. Combat Girl is the same price I believe.

Anyway, send me a PM if you are interested.

*edit* pros are not trade able yet :(

BurningNad

Er, did they actually remove your Loss and Leave count? I only see Wins now. Blah, just as I was 2 wins away from being 1:1... It was also nice to see how many games I've played, total.

derFeef

While I like being able to see my wins only (I suck) - it would be nice for statistic reasons for sure to see everything.

Top Bottom