• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monday Night Combat |OT| Time to let loose with the juice!

Unicorn

ggs indeed.

Some serious snakey bullshit that first game. You and I were destroying, but they weaseled through the other lane.

I have no idea how those people leveled so quickly in the second game. it seemed we were all just duking it out in the middle, but they somehow were getting more XP? Anyone know how the leveling system works because I thought I knew, but I have NO idea how the hell they got to be like 4 levels ahead of us like 5 mins. into the game. Shit ended around 15 mins.

Myomoto

ggs indeed.

Some serious snakey bullshit that first game. You and I were destroying, but they weaseled through the other lane.

I have no idea how those people leveled so quickly in the second game. it seemed we were all just duking it out in the middle, but they somehow were getting more XP? Anyone know how the leveling system works because I thought I knew, but I have NO idea how the hell they got to be like 4 levels ahead of us like 5 mins. into the game. Shit ended around 15 mins.

You get more XP if you 'tag' a bot before it's killed by attacking it, and you get a shitload of xp from the neutral bots in the jungle.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
People are so mad salty in this game. Just had a great game. Some guy on the other team dropped out, and they almost had it... they had us at our Moneyball for about 10 minutes with this neverending stream of Jackbots. We got the Anni (which they fought hard for) and managed to push them all the way back and get the win.

So their top player goes off on a fucking tirade how it wasn't a "good game" with the worst potty mouth of all time.

<3 this community XD

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So after last night's matches, I've narrowed it down to one of two possibilities.

1) Support is overpowered and in honest need of a nerf.
2) I am an Italian superman, on par with Fabio.

I got kill streaks I didn't know existed. (Pro kill streaks.) I hit level 15 for the first time. I out-grappled a Spark, though he was kinda meh.

And to cap it off, I actually got complimented by my teammates. Compliments! That never happens.

McBradders

Support is not OP. Like, at all. I mean, really, like how many games have you played... hitting level 15 for the first time?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Support is not OP. Like, at all. I mean, really, like how many games have you played... hitting level 15 for the first time?

This was I think my 15-16th game.

Usually the game is over before anyone hits level 15, and this match wasn't really any longer than usual.

Myomoto

Oh Christ, I had a game against a Support AND a Combat Girl. Good fucking luck getting any way near the annihilator when there's 5 fucking turrets primed at it. We were pretty much under siege throughout the game. I would like to see them make a Commando pro that temporarily disable turrets or in some other way help with clearing out player structures, because this was just straight up ridiculous.

McBradders

Oh Christ, I had a game against a Support AND a Combat Girl. Good fucking luck getting any way near the annihilator when there's 5 fucking turrets primed at it. We were pretty much under siege throughout the game. I would like to see them make a Commando pro that temporarily disable turrets or in some other way help with clearing out player structures, because this was just straight up ridiculous.

Megabeth can disable turrets... briefly :3

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I would like to see them make a Commando pro that temporarily disable turrets or in some other way help with clearing out player structures, because this was just straight up ridiculous.

Assassin: Cloak and smoke bomb. Turrets don't detect Cloak, Smoke bomb stuns them too.
Megabeth: Distanced Rocket shots, Disku. Rockets have no falloff damage, so just spam a clip from a distance. Disku stuns, and does solid damage.
Gunner: Secondary weapon bomb shots. Carpet bombing from range, does a good job of pestering anyone who panics, and tries to heal the turrets.
Combat Girl: Toss you own Kitty to distract the enemey turret, while blasting it with your nailgun. Her lazer can also take out an entire closely-knit enemey kitty nest easily.
Karl: Seconday weapon bombs do a great job, short out stops them, laser's alt fire also can help some.

Going juiced for no-falloff crits for destroying turrets also works wonders.

Normally, to set up these turret traps, the Support or Combat Girl is going to detach from their team, and go at it alone... perfect time to single them out and kill them. Sparks and Assassins make solo-turret setup a nightmare...

Myomoto

Okay, good to know there's at least options available, although in most cases a competent Combat Girl will be placing her turrets so far apart and in such weird ass places that it's almost impossible to clear them out without help from your team.

Okay, good to know there's at least options available, although in most cases a competent Combat Girl will be placing her turrets so far apart and in such weird ass places that it's almost impossible to clear them out without help from your team.

Out in lanes it's usually not too bad to deal with, but up around the annihilator can be really tricky as you probably won't be able to get a clear shot from outside the turrets range

Myomoto

This game seriously need to stop crashing all the fucking time whenever a match starts. It so goddamn annoying to have to be like 1-2 minutes behind everybody else once you eventually get back into a match.

NH Apache

Banned
This game seriously need to stop crashing all the fucking time whenever a match starts. It so goddamn annoying to have to be like 1-2 minutes behind everybody else once you eventually get back into a match.

I'm currently stuck in a loading screen after being forced to click rejoin game AFTER I exited the end game lobby. Going to have to force close. Yay

Wthermans

Banned

Assassin can smoke bomb to stun turrets then W+M1 while Cloaked to take out turrets.
Spark has a high damage, no fall off, small radius explosive weapon that can take out a level 4 Firebase while the Support is focused healing it
Wascot can spam coins all day and deny the Defender from his turret and use coins to destroy the turret.

Double Defenders aren't a problem for me usually since they rarely have enough pushing power to sustain a push.

As Support, two seconds of hurtgun beam will destroy a kitty and negate any damage up to 2 non-fortified kitties deal to me in the process.

Tokubetsu

Yea, Idk about support's turret but CG's kitties are best used in such a way that they "ambush" or surprise enemy players. I don't really need them to last forever and they usually don't.

Support's airstrike can be really helpful at clearing out nests, too. It'll one-shot kitties (possibly several at a time) and do some serious damage to firebases, plus it'll pressure the healers so you can separate them from their turrets.

Is anyone else having trouble with the new Steam trading? All of my stuff is showing up as "not tradable", but my friend can trade a bunch of his products (even a lot of the same ones that I have).

Card Boy

Banned
Man why does Captain Spark have to be $7.50? Thats the only Pro i want. I guess i might trade for TF2 or Spiral Knights items. If it was 2bucks i would of instant bought it.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Support's airstrike can be really helpful at clearing out nests, too. It'll one-shot kitties (possibly several at a time) and do some serious damage to firebases, plus it'll pressure the healers so you can separate them from their turrets.

Is anyone else having trouble with the new Steam trading? All of my stuff is showing up as "not tradable", but my friend can trade a bunch of his products (even a lot of the same ones that I have).

Pros and Endorsements aren't tradeable yet, and you have to make at least one real money transaction before being able to trade at all.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I ask this question about once a month to no response so might as well do it again.

Is controller support fixed yet? People say it was in beta but I never got it to work. I have no interest in kb/m I just don't like it yes I know it's inferior.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Yea, Idk about support's turret but CG's kitties are best used in such a way that they "ambush" or surprise enemy players. I don't really need them to last forever and they usually don't.

I think that's my downfall playing her. I set up an area with them but I'm so impatient I end up walking away. The other problem though is they end up attacking bots sometimes when I do the special that boosts their attack rate while some melee class is getting the jump on me.

Tokubetsu

I think that's my downfall playing her. I set up an area with them but I'm so impatient I end up walking away. The other problem though is they end up attacking bots sometimes when I do the special that boosts their attack rate while some melee class is getting the jump on me.

It's okay to leave them behind. They're cooldown is short. The idea behind the whole "nesting" strategy is to setup on/in lane (ideally with another player) and put the kitties behind your forward position. That way, if things get too hot and you get an enemy to chase, they'll be waiting for him. At level 4 the kitties slow down too IIRC so it'll slow his retreat, hopefully getting you or a teammate a kill.

Be aware that kitties will also shoot the enemy money ball as well. You get four down in there and hit the turret buff skill...=P

Myomoto

It's okay to leave them behind. They're cooldown is short. The idea behind the whole "nesting" strategy is to setup on/in lane (ideally with another player) and put the kitties behind your forward position. That way, if things get too hot and you get an enemy to chase, they'll be waiting for him. At level 4 the kitties slow down too IIRC so it'll slow his retreat, hopefully getting you or a teammate a kill.

Be aware that kitties will also shoot the enemy money ball as well. You get four down in there and hit the turret buff skill...=P

The slow effect is added by lvl 2 turret boost skill, so it's only temporary.

Card Boy

Banned
Had a match with some twat.

He had 2 kills 28 deaths.

Fuck this shit. Needless to say we lost, but we where so close to winning. If he didnt feed we could of won easy.

Tokubetsu

Fuck this shit. Needless to say we lost, but we where so close to winning. If he didnt feed we could of won easy.

What's worse is when these dickholes run their mouth end of game. "My team sucked" No fuckface, you go 2-28 then you leave the game quietly like that awful piece of shit you are. Maybe throw out an apology for being so terrible.

KarmaCow

This is part of the reason I don't play. I get a terrible match, end up with 0/million in a match is a double whammy of losing and being fucking useless. Really kills the drive to play.

TeegsD

We were 5 v 3 and we still lost. I went 0-12-2 that game. I have played like 5 games and have yet to win. I also feel like Im always being matched against players that are just way better than me. Ugh, this game is too frustrating.

Myomoto

The random loot of this game makes me wanna cry. I've now gotten 2 Blaze of Glory, as well as one Death Wave from it /wrists.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The random loot of this game makes me wanna cry. I've now gotten 2 Blaze of Glory, as well as one Death Wave from it /wrists.

At least now, extras will be good trade fodder. I'd hate to only have 1 of something I really want.

I'm suprised they don't sell a boost to increase item drop rate, or chances for items to be something new, or of a specific type....

Myomoto

Still better than the tier 1 endorsements I always get. :p

No. It's really not. Those products are so eff'ing bad. The lvl 1 endorsements are at least useful if you don't have literally anything else for that endorsement slot, but even the starter products are better than these pieces of shit, I mean 100 fire damage over 5 seconds off of a 2.5 sec fuse when you die? Are you fucking kidding me?

I ask this question about once a month to no response so might as well do it again.

Is controller support fixed yet? People say it was in beta but I never got it to work. I have no interest in kb/m I just don't like it yes I know it's inferior.

I've been playing with a PS3 controller emulated through motionjoy since the beginning of the beta. Never had a problem with it.

Dylan

So I have ultimately decided to play this game as evil. Even though there is technically no morality system, I can make up for that by bitching at the rest of my team constantly.

Jube3

Man you were killing it with Gunner :(

The past few days I have run into a few gunners who were overleveling the team at a really fast rate (3-4 levels) and they weren't being fed out of the ordinary. Are gunners really quick pros to level or could it just have been a case of running into gunners who were last hitting all of the bots?

Bison11

Just started playing this game. Its pretty cool so far...still trying to figure out what to do though, but I found a couple pros that I can do fairly well with (Medic, and the assault guy)

How many maps are there? I played the same one like 4 times in a row, and last game I just got a different map

The past few days I have run into a few gunners who were overleveling the team at a really fast rate (3-4 levels) and they weren't being fed out of the ordinary. Are gunners really quick pros to level or could it just have been a case of running into gunners who were last hitting all of the bots?

Leveling for all the pros is just based on the money you earn. The only things I can think of that wouldn't necessarily show up on the scoreboards are:
-"Tagging" bots -- for the bigger bots (everything other than slims), you don't have to last-hit to get full money, just hit within a brief window before they die (about 5 seconds iirc), so maybe he was doing a lot of that
-Jungling -- jungle bots are worth quite a bit more than the lane bots
-Streaks -- if they weren't dying often, they may have been getting a lot of kill/bot streak bonuses that other players weren't getting

How many maps are there? I played the same one like 4 times in a row, and last game I just got a different map

Three maps at the moment.

Myomoto

Apologies if trade requests shouldn't go here, but I'm currently willing to trade off:

Death Wave, Blaze of Glory (they might fix them in a patch? ...right?), Can't Stun This, TF2 crossover cosmetic items (the ones from the bundle you can't buy any more)

I'm looking for:

Spunky Jumpy, Massive Air, Bot Buster, Money Magnet

Card Boy

Banned
Apparently Chickey Cantor hats are rare. Everyone keeps wanting them in the trade channel.

It hat system is infecting SMNC!

Top Bottom