• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what you guys are talking about, did they announce another srw besides z3-1?

I think there was an announcement of a remake of the first SRW game back when they announced Z3? I havent seen anything like screens or even any addtional information though.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Everything is right there in the Z3 trailer. It's a download code that comes with the game.

Oh doh.

I haven't watched the "official" trailer yet (just did though). I've only seen the trailer that day when the announced Z3, and the rips. I didn't see footage that showed the 1st game at all.

Oh doh.

I haven't watched the "official" trailer yet (just did though). I've only seen the trailer that day when the announced Z3, and the rips. I didn't see footage that showed the 1st game at all.

The first version of the trailer that was released didn't have the SRW remake footage at the end of it. Another one came out a couple days later with it tacked on.

Bebpo

Banned
Oh doh.

Yeah, same thing.

Hmm, looks neat I guess? Looks like a flash web game in battle and Z2 on the map. Since I never played the original, I'm down to play this one. Especially being only 13 maps with a handful of units, sounds short and sweet; which will be a breath of fresh air coming from the padding of modern SRW. I like how they only like 2 digit HPs hahaha.

Jubern

Supposedly, SRW Z is coming on JP Game Archives February 19, 1500¥!

I'll definitely get it, haven't played Rand's route yet. But I wanted them to get Alpha 3 out first since I haven't played it yet ahah.

Z is a better game in terms of visuals and mechanics though. Alpha 3 is a nice conclusion to the trilogy but good god is the end game just a death march.

Bebpo

Banned
Z is a better game in terms of visuals and mechanics though. Alpha 3 is a nice conclusion to the trilogy but good god is the end game just a death march.

Yup. Been playing Alpha 3 for 3 years now. Still have way too many maps left (around map 45?). It's just such a grind to do each map as they take forever and move so slow and the interface sucks compared to modern SRW. Can only get through like 1 map every two weeks. It's weird how when I first played it in 2005 it was so mindblowingly impressive and now it feels so incredibly dated.

Supposedly, SRW Z is coming on JP Game Archives February 19, 1500¥!

I'll definitely get it, haven't played Rand's route yet. But I wanted them to get Alpha 3 out first since I haven't played it yet ahah.
That's awesome. I wanted to replay it. Plus, I've already added 10k yen on my account so that should cover Z and Z3.

Jubern

Aw shit there's also a price drop for Z2! Didn't like it (well them) nearly as much as Z1 but I might rebuy one of them down the road. Probably Saisei.

Is it possible to play Z1 on my North American PS3 using my Japanese PSN account? It would be much more convenient for me to play it there than connecting my PS2.

Bebpo

Banned
I'd do it since I did Z and Z2, but I don't have the same enthusiasm towards Z3 as I did for those so I'll pass.

Will still play it day 1. If it's great, and if there's Star Driver, maybe I'll do Z3-2 :p

zeroshiki

I put 350 hours total into both Z2 games on PSP >_< I kinda want it on Vita now that its cheap but I'm not sure I can play it again.

CorvoSol

No PS3? I know it's not Vita, but it does fulfill your desire for a physical copy.

I have a PS3, the problem is that I spend some 9 months of the year at school, where I don't have access to my PS3, so if I'm gonna play something, I'm most likely to get it played on hand-held. That said, PS3 is how I'm gonna wind up playing SRWZ3 because there's no physical Vita and I can't have a JPN account so yeah.

I have a PS3, the problem is that I spend some 9 months of the year at school, where I don't have access to my PS3, so if I'm gonna play something, I'm most likely to get it played on hand-held. That said, PS3 is how I'm gonna wind up playing SRWZ3 because there's no physical Vita and I can't have a JPN account so yeah.

If you're there nine months out of the year, why not take the PS3 with you?

CorvoSol

If you're there nine months out of the year, why not take the PS3 with you?

Several reasons, really.

1) The PS3 is only sort of mine to take. It belongs to my younger brother and I, so I can't just snatch it away.

2) My parents are the ones who get the most use out of it, especially since my family will soon be cutting cable to save money. Dad plays a bunch of PS3 games and mom uses it for netflix.

3) I tend to travel light. Lugging an entire console with me to school seems a bit much extra weight.

All might just be excuses, but I dunno. I come home for Summer break, play whatever console games I want to, and then go back to school. It's practically routine to me now, haha.

On this note, when DOES Z3 come out? Have they said?

Top Bottom