• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

Mandoric

Banned
So, to summarize, changes from Z2-2: (starred are new to SRW, all additions are new to Z)

Code:
-	Aquarion
+		EVOL*
-	Baldios
	The Big O
	Code Geass
-		R2
	Dai-Guard
- 	Daitarn
-	Dancougar
	Dancouga Nova
-	Eureka seven movie
+	FMP
+		Fumoffu
+		TSR
	Getter Robo Armageddon	
	Gigantor
	Godmars
- 	God Sigma
-	Gravion Zwei
+	Gunbuster
	Gundam
-		∀
+			A wakening
		CCA
		SEED DESTINY
+		Unicorn*
-		Wing
+			Endless Waltz
-		X
		Zeta
	Gurren Lagann
-		movie 1
		movie 2
-	King Gainer
	Macross 
			Dynamite
-		Frontier
			movie 1
+			movie 2
	Orguss
+	Rebuild of Evangelion 1.xx
+ 		2.xx
	Shin Mazinger
	Trider G7
	Votoms
+		Big Battle*
+		Brilliantly Shining Heresy*
-		Last Red Shoulder
-		Origin of Ambition
-		Pailsen Files
-	Xabungle
-	Zambot

Looking at that lineup, I'd guess that one of the mystery six is definitely AO. You can't have a SRW without Mazinger, so SKL is likely to be another.

If we're talking crazy impossible hopes, I want to see Shin Mazinger Great-hen as a game original the way Mazinkaiser was a scrapped concept->SRW plotline->actual OVA. Also wouldn't mind Hathaway's Flash joining the general mid-UC clusterfuck that's brewing given how popular the Xi Gundam is these days, and I'd like to see Layzner or especially Megazone 23 join the Geass/Votoms "bullshit fast tiny unit" club that Z has-that'll probably just be FMP tho.

EDIT: Alternately I can be fucking blind. At least Shin returning is optimistic for Great plotlines showing up!

Jubern

Caught the announcement trailer live but I'm just catching up to the news.

Nooooooooo.jpg at the digital only for Vita >_< I'd rather play it on Vita but I don't want to be limited to my Japanese account... Switching account is a pain and my main account is EU. Not to mention Namco Bandai is totallty going to charge full RRP on this compared to the usual 10 to 20% off you get from a lot of resellers.

FUCK, I'm just realizing but that's also just a couple of weeks after FFX/X-2 EU release, which I intend to play on Vita too, but on my European account. Fuuuuuu.

I'm pretty excited for this game anyway. The cast list looks like the game might end on some bad stuff, I hope they actually go with it rather than doing what they did with Z2... Full Metal Panic is nice, but the Arbalest is pretty ugly :x They better be adapting the novels in the second part too, I mean come on.

Shouta

I knew it. And only 4 months away!? Exactly 3 years after Z1 and Z2 Hakai.

I saw a LQ version of the trailer. Looks like they've added some new cut-ins and the like for other older animations like Basara's Planet Dance getting a new cut-in. Animation seems a bit similar though but hard to tell. Shin Mazinger had a new pose animation with his God Scrander on, I believe.

Full series list from the trailer is:

Trider G7
Tetsujin 28
Godmars
Votoms
Votoms: Big Battle
Votoms: Shining Heresy
Orguss
Z Gundam
Char's Counterattack
Endless Waltz
Seed Destiny
00 Awakening of the Trailblazer
Gundam Unicorn
Gunbuster
Macross 7
Macross 7 Dynamite
Mac 7: False Songstress
Mac 7: Wings of Goodbye
Shin Getter Robo: Armageddon
Shin Mazinger Z
Dai Guard
Big O
FMP
FMP Fumoffu
FMP Second Raid
Dancougar Nova
Gurren Lagann
Gurren Lagann: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Evangelion: 1.0 You are (Not) Alone
Evangelion 2.0 (You can (Not) Advance
Code Geass: R2
Aquarion Evol

I assume we'll get a few more like Eureka AO.

CorvoSol

I really hope FMP means we're getting FMP Sigma, too, which'll give us all kinds of new mechs. It wouldn't be the first time a manga got put in SRW. Either way I'm pumped for a game that has both FMP and Endless Waltz again. The only way it could be more perfect would be the inclusion of ZZ Gundam, but I've given up hope on that for the SRWZ series.

Bebpo

Banned
Glad to eat crow on this. Yay Z3. Yay so soon. Yay PS3 (though who knows how the PS2/PSP res sprites are gonna look upscaled on PS3. Probably another case of Alpha 3 where there's a big gap between old sprites and new ones).

So anyhow, couple of observations:

Ideally, I wanted a Z3 lineup of: Star Driver, Aquarian Evol, Eureka Seven AO, Endless Waltz, OO Movie, Unicorn, Mazinger SKL, Gunbuster->Diebuster x Eva Rebuild x Gurren Movie 2 end of the world Gainax explosion.

Now it looks like I got...a good chunk of that + FMP. Still missing is Star Driver, AO, SKL, Diebuster.

However...is this another 2-part game? It has a subtitle -hen (chapter) which certainly makes it sound like it's going to be 2 games again. With one in 4/2014, one in 4/2015. On one hand that's good because one problem I have with this lineup ending the Z series is that there's some unfinished series in there with no ending like Rebuild & Unicorn.

BUT if it's 2 parts, they could finish Unicorn story in Z3-2, and at least include Rebuild 3 (sadly there's no way Rebuild will have an ending in the Z franchise unless they keep it alive through Z4 in 3 years), also if it's 2 parts, doing Gunbuster in Z3-1 makes sense so they can do Diebuster in Z3-3 and have Diebuster x GL final universe epic finale stuff (I want a team up attack), they can also add in Star Driver, Mazinger SKL or E7 AO with Z3-2.

Unfortunately if it's 2 parts again, I wonder if it'll hit the same problems as Z2 (probably), in that while Z2 was a great game, the pacing was totally fucked because of the split. Units didn't get their mid-series upgrades halfway through the game, pacing was all over the place, shows like GL were really hit by the pacing stretching 26eps across 2 full SRW games (and not even doing the last ~7 eps). Hmmm, I mean we've waiting this long for endgame GL in SRW, going to have to wait another 2 games until the final couple of maps of Z3-2 to finally get the final upgraded GL unit and fight on the scale of bigger than universe?

Also I see people are talking about 6 mystery series. Where did they say there's more series to be announced? The roster actually seems pretty full already tbh. I'd expect 6 more for Z3-2.

Stories they're going to tell already in Z3-1:
-OO Movie
-Endless Waltz
-Aquarion Evol
-FMP
-Eva Rebuild
-Gundam Unicorn
-Gunbuster
-CCA storyline
-Slightly more GL
-Slightly more Votoms

Seems like they could fit maybe another 1-2 plotlines, but wouldn't be surprised if that was it for this one.

Itsuki

Glad to eat crow on this. Yay Z3. Yay so soon. Yay PS3 (though who knows how the PS2/PSP res sprites are gonna look upscaled on PS3. Probably another case of Alpha 3 where there's a big gap between old sprites and new ones).

So anyhow, couple of observations:

Ideally, I wanted a Z3 lineup of: Star Driver, Aquarian Evol, Eureka Seven AO, Endless Waltz, OO Movie, Unicorn, Mazinger SKL, Gunbuster->Diebuster x Eva Rebuild x Gurren Movie 2 end of the world Gainax explosion.

Now it looks like I got...a good chunk of that + FMP. Still missing is Star Driver, AO, SKL, Diebuster.

However...is this another 2-part game? It has a subtitle -hen (chapter) which certainly makes it sound like it's going to be 2 games again. With one in 4/2014, one in 4/2015. On one hand that's good because one problem I have with this lineup ending the Z series is that there's some unfinished series in there with no ending like Rebuild & Unicorn.

BUT if it's 2 parts, they could finish Unicorn story in Z3-2, and at least include Rebuild 3 (sadly there's no way Rebuild will have an ending in the Z franchise unless they keep it alive through Z4 in 3 years), also if it's 2 parts, doing Gunbuster in Z3-1 makes sense so they can do Diebuster in Z3-3 and have Diebuster x GL final universe epic finale stuff (I want a team up attack), they can also add in Star Driver, Mazinger SKL or E7 AO with Z3-2.

Unfortunately if it's 2 parts again, I wonder if it'll hit the same problems as Z2 (probably), in that while Z2 was a great game, the pacing was totally fucked because of the split. Units didn't get their mid-series upgrades halfway through the game, pacing was all over the place, shows like GL were really hit by the pacing stretching 26eps across 2 full SRW games (and not even doing the last ~7 eps). Hmmm, I mean we've waiting this long for endgame GL in SRW, going to have to wait another 2 games until the final couple of maps of Z3-2 to finally get the final upgraded GL unit and fight on the scale of bigger than universe?

Also I see people are talking about 6 mystery series. Where did they say there's more series to be announced? The roster actually seems pretty full already tbh. I'd expect 6 more for Z3-2.

Stories they're going to tell already in Z3-1:
-OO Movie
-Endless Waltz
-Aquarion Evol
-FMP
-Eva Rebuild
-Gundam Unicorn
-Gunbuster
-CCA storyline
-Slightly more GL
-Slightly more Votoms

Seems like they could fit maybe another 1-2 plotlines, but wouldn't be surprised if that was it for this one.

It's confirmed that Z3 is going to have two parts.

Bebpo

Banned
Whoops, yeah that 6 mystery series must've been a mix up by famitsu. The way they split series into multiple entries, we have all 32 accounted for.

Which makes sense as there's never been a SRW announcement where they "add" series in later announcements. That's the full cast list folks. No anything else until next year in Z3-2.

Tbh, the cast list is not very impressive for a mainline srw. There's just not enough new and exciting series like Z1 (E7, Gainer, Destiny, Big O, Aquarion, Gravion, Gundam X and Turn A, Orguss) & Z2 had (Shin Mazinger, Gurren Lagann, Gundam OO, Votoms, Mac 7, Geass, Dai-Guard, Dancougar Nova, Gundam Wing, God Mars)

Z1 & Z2 brought a lot of either brand new series, or series that hadn't been seen in SRW for a long time with all new amazing sprites.

In comparison, Z3 is bringing back favorites Gunbuster and Eva and FMP (Eva being an unfinished story), along with Unicorn (a pretty short OAV), Aquarion Evol and extensions of the current series...and that's it. It's closer to what I'd have expected out of a Z2-2 lineup and not the next big mainline licensed game.

I think though that it just suffers from too many of its series having continuation chapters (EW, OO, Votoms, GL, CCA) so they feel like they need to do them since Z3 is probably the final entry in the Z series and they take up spots that otherwise new series could've taken up.

Although I think part of the lack of big new mainline licensed SRW feel is due to not having a new 50ep Gundam series to anchor it. Unicorn is nice, but it's 7eps split across 2 games at least and EW is a 2 hour movie that's been done a bunch before. This is partly Bandai's fault as there hasn't been an even decent Gundam TV show in like 6 years since OO. I probably would've taken AGE for Z3 over no new Gundam TV show at all, especially if they just re-wrote the series, but I understand that Bandai wants to erase AGE from existence and it will probably never show up in a big budget SRW game.

Alpha 3 also lacked a lot of new big deal series because of so many returning units. It really just had SEED, GaoGaiGar Final, Virtua-On (which had no plot) while bringing back a lot of favorites like Eva & Gunbuster. So Z3 feels a lot like Alpha 3 in that respect. Hopefully Z3 then has a bigger OG focus like Alpha 3 did. Would love 4 originals for Z3.

But yeah, can't wait until 2017-2018 when we get the next fresh series so they can include a lot of NEW titles. Maybe we'll even have a new decent Gundam TV show by then that they can use.

Man, the Arbalest and Venom look like crap. Was so weird to see everything else look so great and then they just hit you with that out of nowhere. lol

I really hope FMP means we're getting FMP Sigma, too, which'll give us all kinds of new mechs. It wouldn't be the first time a manga got put in SRW. Either way I'm pumped for a game that has both FMP and Endless Waltz again. The only way it could be more perfect would be the inclusion of ZZ Gundam, but I've given up hope on that for the SRWZ series.
It wouldn't be the first, but it's still not that frequent. Only instances I can think of were Crossbone in Alpha 2 and the manga version of Linebarrels in UX. It'd be awesome if they could be put it in though.

Whoops, yeah that 6 mystery series must've been a mix up by famitsu. The way they split series into multiple entries, we have all 32 accounted for.

Which makes sense as there's never been a SRW announcement where they "add" series in later announcements. That's the full cast list folks. No anything else until next year in Z3-2.

Tbh, the cast list is not very impressive for a mainline srw. There's just not enough new and exciting series like Z1 (E7, Gainer, Destiny, Big O, Aquarion, Gravion, Gundam X and Turn A, Orguss) & Z2 had (Shin Mazinger, Gurren Lagann, Gundam OO, Votoms, Mac 7, Geass, Dai-Guard, Dancougar Nova, Gundam Wing, God Mars)

Z1 & Z2 brought a lot of either brand new series, or series that hadn't been seen in SRW for a long time with all new amazing sprites.

In comparison, Z3 is bringing back favorites Gunbuster and Eva and FMP (Eva being an unfinished story), along with Unicorn (a pretty short OAV), Aquarion Evol and extensions of the current series...and that's it. It's closer to what I'd have expected out of a Z2-2 lineup and not the next big mainline licensed game.
I know people are kind of unimpressed by the series list, but honestly I was just looking for Unicorn, Gunbuster, and the least offensive debuts they could have managed and they delivered on that.

Bebpo

Banned
I think it would've helped if at least they had 1 or 2 completely original IP new series. I mean everything outside Unicorn has either been done before in a SRW game or is a sequel series (like Aquarion)

A couple of series entries like Dai-Guard/God Mars in Z2, or Aquarion/E7/Gainer in Z1 would've made this feel a lot more "new"

That's why they really should've had Star Driver. It's pretty much Bandai's only Super Robot show since Z2 and it's an original title with flashy mechs, which would've stood out.

Bebpo

Banned
Also, while Z2 had a reason to split the series with Geass/Gundam OO/Gurren being big series with splits in the middle. Z3 shows don't have any reason to be split outside FMP and there's really not that much content. Almost all the new anime stories they're covering are OAVs or movies or short 13ep shows. There's a serious lack of material for 2 full 100map+ SRW games. I hope this means almost all of the "new" series will wrap up in Z3-1 and Z3-2 will have 4-6 new full entries instead of the 2 or so that Z2-2 had since Z2-2's new entries were mainly the 2nd half of Z2-1's entries (00 S2, Geass R2, GL Movie 2, Mac 7 movie 2, etc...). They're not going to have that situation with these series outside Gunbuster -> Diebuster (but at least Diebuster will feel really fresh and new). Hoping for way more new series in Z3-2 than Z2-2 got so they can end the Z franchise on a bang.

CorvoSol

It wouldn't be the first, but it's still not that frequent. Only instances I can think of were Crossbone in Alpha 2 and the manga version of Linebarrels in UX. It'd be awesome if they could be put it in though.

SRW W also had SEED Astray. I just mean that, since the manga and LNs are the only place where the actual rest of FMP gets to happen, they might as well include them here. Then we could get the ARX-8, Sousuke's Custom Savage, and fight Leviathans and the Belial. Levels like the Fall of Merida Island, the assault on Jindai, and the return to Merida Island would be super fun to play.

Some other series I'd like to see but never will: ZZ, G, regular E7, Valvrave, and I'd take Gundam Build Fighters over AGE any day.

Bebpo

Banned
SRW W also had SEED Astray. I just mean that, since the manga and LNs are the only place where the actual rest of FMP gets to happen, they might as well include them here. Then we could get the ARX-8, Sousuke's Custom Savage, and fight Leviathans and the Belial. Levels like the Fall of Merida Island, the assault on Jindai, and the return to Merida Island would be super fun to play.

Some other series I'd like to see but never will: ZZ, G, regular E7, Valvrave, and I'd take Gundam Build Fighters over AGE any day.

Valvrave and Build Fighters will be in a SRW for sure. Just they need about 2-3 years to age. They're still running! E7 was just in Z1, it'll be a long time before it shows up again in a big SRW I think.

Would be nice to see G gundam, V gundam, and ZZ gundam in a big budget SRW again, for sure. V still doesn't have any sprites post-PS1.

I don't see what's wrong with AGE. Yeah, the show was awful. But Destiny was pretty awful too and it's become a great series within the Z franchise thanks to rewrites of the plot points and making the characters much better. I'm pretty sure they can salvage AGE and at least it provides a whole ton of new mechs to use.

CorvoSol

Valvrave and Build Fighters will be in a SRW for sure. Just they need about 2-3 years to age. They're still running! E7 was just in Z1, it'll be a long time before it shows up again in a big SRW I think.

Would be nice to see G gundam, V gundam, and ZZ gundam in a big budget SRW again, for sure. V still doesn't have any sprites post-PS1.

I don't see what's wrong with AGE. Yeah, the show was awful. But Destiny was pretty awful too and it's become a great series within the Z franchise thanks to rewrites of the plot points and making the characters much better. I'm pretty sure they can salvage AGE and at least it provides a whole ton of new mechs to use.

My problem with AGE, as someone who can't read a lick of SRW's plot anyway, is that all of its mechs were awful except the ones Woolf used and Asuno's very brief repaint of the AGE-2. Everything else in AGE was a terrible mech design and so it would just be a bunch of units I would never ever use. I wasn't a big fan of 00 at all, but 00 has great mechanical designs. AGE is the worst designs since Victory. (And while the V2 Gundam and the EZ line were okay, every single unit that the Zanscare ever produced was a horrible waste of every resource ever used to portray it.)

Bebpo

Banned
So these are the cut series:

Zambot
Daitarn
God Sigma
Baldios
Xabungle
Gundam Wing (to make way for EW)
Gundam 00 (to make way for Awakening)
Turn A
Gundam X
Gainer
Gravion Zwei
Aquarion (to make way for Evol)
E7 movie (to make way for AO...jk)

Kind of surprised they cut some of those since they're just re-using the sprites/animations anyhow. Also seems weird keeping Trider while ditching Daitarn and Zambot. Wonder if a few will come back in Z3-2.

Also because of the cuts, Z3's roster is smaller at 32 entries than Z2-1 (35 entries) and Z2-2 (39 entries). Seems weird not to keep them and boast a bigger roster.

CorvoSol

How're they going to do Marida's backstory without ZZ? I assume that Mineva will be okay since she was in Zeta, however briefly, but Marida's backstory hinges on ZZ.

How're they going to do Marida's backstory without ZZ? I assume that Mineva will be okay since she was in Zeta, however briefly, but Marida's backstory hinges on ZZ.
Excellent point.

I guess they'll just gloss over it and lose some impact in the sense
that they'll tell it but her being a Puru clone will be no big deal since Puru was never shown in Zverse(s).

To be fair, that's a catch 22 anyway: how do you cover ZZ, CCA and Unicorn in one game?
I guess ZZ should have been somewhere in 2.

Still baffled at Vita version being DL only, keeping a potential system seller out of retail is a bit counterintuitive to me.

CorvoSol

Excellent point.

I guess they'll just gloss over it and lose some impact in the sense
that they'll tell it but her being a Puru clone will be no big deal since Puru was never shown in Zverse(s).

To be fair, that's a catch 22 anyway: how do you cover ZZ, CCA and Unicorn in one game?
I guess ZZ should have been somewhere in 2.

Still baffled at Vita version being DL only, keeping a potential system seller out of retail is a bit counterintuitive to me.

Well, since they've found a way to do Z, CCA and Unicorn in one game I assume that ZZ wouldn't be that much harder. Assuming time skips are a no go you only really have to age up Mineva and Puru for it to all happen in rapid succession.

Gideon Zhi

Neo Member
SRW2 is now available in English too!
Aeon Genesis celebrates both the holiday and the announcement of new SRW today by releasing translation patches for the NES version of Super Robot Wars 2 and its GameBoy Advance Famicom Mini reissue. Included an optional patch that allows battle themes to persist after combat sequences (as in later SRW titles) and another optional patch to replace the Tobe! Gundam Universal Century theme song with Gallant Char, the theme used in SRW 3, EX, and 4. Both optional patches are available for both versions of the game, and removal patches are included if you decide you don't like the changes.

2013-12-2418.png
2013-12-2414.png

Relevant linkage: Aeon Genesis

Jubern

I didn't thought about Marida's backstory, dammit. I can't see any way it'd work too. Even if they delay the actual Unicorn plot to Z3-2, doing ZZ and Unicorn together would be a bit weird.

Also, Bebpo, Unicorn isn't that short. It's 6 x 50 min + a final episode that's something like 90 minutes = 7h30. And pretty much without any filler to boot. For comparison, a 24/26 episode series would around 8/9h if you cut OP/EDs, and they usually have some fillers.

I'm waking up and the Vita version is still digital only, why oh why.

CorvoSol

Aeon Genesis celebrates both the holiday and the announcement of new SRW today by releasing translation patches for the NES version of Super Robot Wars 2 and its GameBoy Advance Famicom Mini reissue. Included an optional patch that allows battle themes to persist after combat sequences (as in later SRW titles) and another optional patch to replace the Tobe! Gundam Universal Century theme song with Gallant Char, the theme used in SRW 3, EX, and 4. Both optional patches are available for both versions of the game, and removal patches are included if you decide you don't like the changes.

2013-12-2418.png
2013-12-2414.png

Sweet! Gonna play this tonight!

I didn't thought about Marida's backstory, dammit. I can't see any way it'd work too. Even if they delay the actual Unicorn plot to Z3-2, doing ZZ and Unicorn together would be a bit weird.

Also, Bebpo, Unicorn isn't that short. It's 6 x 50 min + a final episode that's something like 90 minutes = 7h30. And pretty much without any filler to boot. For comparison, a 24/26 episode series would around 8/9h if you cut OP/EDs, and they usually have some fillers.

I'm waking up and the Vita version is still digital only, why oh why.

I think it would go one of two ways. Way one: no ZZ means that they could just say Marida fought in some war or something (avoiding the question of how Kamille is a teenager and she a grown woman) but also sacrificing the presence of cloning in Gundam so they cannot explain
Full Frontal
. Way two: they do ZZ and just explain it by making the
Purus be Maridas
and sacrifice the surprise, I guess.

Jubern

So I hear that Namco Bandai explicitly said that the digital only thing was due to size restrictions for card games... Welp.

Might be time to upgrade that 16Go card for my JP account.

Also, I saw the PV in HQ during the stream yesterday but I can't seem to find it anywhere today. Surely someone recorded it, right? o_O

CorvoSol

They could also tie in the cloning from SEED/Destiny. Different universes, but this is SRW we're talking about.

Oh yeah I forgot all about that. That'll resolve that character, but there really is no way of resolving Marida's backstory and keeping its weight in tact without ZZ, and with ZZ you then have to ask
how Mineva changes age between ZZ and UC
unless, I guess,
they opt to make Marida an age-enhanced clone of Puru and just age Mineva up to Audrey's age during ZZ anyway since her age in ZZ isn't really super plot important.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, they're doing touch ups to older units like they do every game in the z series. Always good stuff.

Hopefully some of the Z2 guys will get new attacks.

Annoying about no vita physical. Definitely prefer these games on handhelds. Will be nice on ps4 with remote play in a few years when they stop ripping people off for paying for two versions.

I'm currently subscribing to the theory that Z3-1 is another new universe with a few ZEXIS/ZEUTH members thrown in so that I can be surprised for Z3-2. Bamco pls

Tsukumo

HQ PV is out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DbTGUNcMbM

I was right on Shin Mazinger. It got a new standing pose and the rocket punch cut-in is new.

Have you guys seen the first SRW remake trailer at the end? nothing fancy but apparently it's some sort of...flash I guess, remake of the first game. No voice acting but they talk about a new scenario and, well, in full colour graphics :D
It says it's free for anyone who pre-orders/buys the game before april 23rd, and after that it will be available as stand alone download at 1'200 and change.

CorvoSol

2013-12-2418.png
2013-12-2414.png

Hey I put the patches onto it and while the language and music work fine now, for whatever reason every single face in the game became a glitched mess. Maybe it's just me, though.

Bet its two full games of Baron Ashura throwing mecha beasts at Kouji and then going *Blargh I am dead. Start the apocalypse*.

It'd be better if Kouji got to fight the Mycenae instead.

In a glass half full moment, I'm almost glad Vita doesn't allow to activate multiple accounts on a single system, otherwise I might have actually rebought Saisei Hen digitally for the measly sum of 7,500 yen lol.

Instead, I'll dust off my PSP when I get home and get back to doing everything in the game.

I hope at least Z gets on the game archives program. I'd rebuy some of the PS2 titles to play them on my PS3 as my PS2 has been unhooked for a year and last time I checked, they weren't too great in PCSX 2.

isual

what's the consensus ? this is pretty much a niche game here in the states.

will ya'll get the ps3 or the vita version ? prefer hi def so i'll get the ps3.

also, saisai hen z2 is cheap. should I get it if I already played the first z2 ?

Soo anyone else play Dark Prison?

Yeah, I had been playing it a bit before I left home, maybe did 15 missions. I really like it, I like how different it feels from OG2 thanks to the smaller team and the more challenging points.
I'm really curious about the missions beyond 20 (ie beyond the EX storyline).

what's the consensus ? this is pretty much a niche game here in the states.

will ya'll get the ps3 or the vita version ? prefer hi def so i'll get the ps3.

also, saisai hen z2 is cheap. should I get it if I already played the first z2 ?
Getting PS3 version as the Vita version is DL only and my Vita account is EU.

Yeah, get saiseihen if you already went through hakaihen and intend to play Z3. AFAIK, Terada mentioned Z3 using clear saves from Z2.

Yeah, I had been playing it a bit before I left home, maybe did 15 missions. I really like it, I like how different it feels from OG2 thanks to the smaller team and the more challenging points.
I'm really curious about the missions beyond 20 (ie beyond the EX storyline).
Yeah the execution is tougher because losing any unit is a game over, and there's less freebie SR points. On the other hand you don't need to worry about optimizing and managing a 2nd OG sized army for 60 scenarios.

JCG

All I ever needed to know in order to start saving up for this game was that Gunbuster would be returning. Everything else, good or bad, is of only relative importance.

zeroshiki

I really want to get it for Vita but no physical version sucks (and is more expensive). I'm gonna have to see where I am by April before I make a decision (watch me buy both :( )

Top Bottom