• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

Bebpo

Banned
Nice, glad to hear it looks good! I took a peak and saw some surprises to turned it off. Definitely media blackout now so there's still some surprise units and attacks to look forward when playing the actual game.

Bebpo

Banned
So I'm thinking about spending crazy price of getting the Vita version as well this time as SRW is a lot easier for me to play a little in bed each night, plus suspend/resume helps speed things up. But I still want the PS3 version because I'd prefer playing on the big screen when I can with the best looking version.

Is there cross-save compatibility so I can play it on PS3 and then move the save over and continue it on Vita?

Is there cross-save compatibility so I can play it on PS3 and then move the save over and continue it on Vita?
Z3 lets you upload and of your saves to server side storage, you can upload mid map saves as well. So yeah you can jump between whichever version you want. As long as you don't forget to upload your latest save.

The only thing is that you have to own/download DLC for each version separately.

Bebpo

Banned
So I picked up THE BEST version of Z3-1 Vita since I'm casually doing a Z3-1 replay (on stage 20 now, skipping all dialogue, single route) to refresh for Z3-2 and I wanted to see if it was worth double dipping for Z3-2 Vita as well.

While Vita is nice for portability, I'm honestly pretty disappointed that they seem to have put zero effort into optimizing the game for the Vita and it's just the PS3 version running on a smaller screen. What I mean by that is that I was figuring the text bubbles and UI would be more like Z2 on PSP, but instead it looks like the UI was made for a 1080p screen and the text boxes are really tiny as is the menu and the zoomed out map (of course you can zoom in on that). Battle scenes look nice too, but I was again hoping since it was lower resolution the sprites would be zoomed in and larger on the Vita screen, but I don't think they are.

So visually I'd much rather play the game on the PS3, but still might double dip for the portable factor. Kind of a shame because if they optimized the Vita version to make things fit the screen size/resolution better it'd probably look better than the PS3 version.

I can probably do it if no one else wants.

Your Z3-1 OT was good, so you can always use that one with some changes :)

Bebpo

Banned
Already? Dang. I guess I should work on the OT soon, lol.

If you need any help I'll help out. I'm way less pestimistic about this game than I was both before and after Z3-1. I've accepted the shortcomings, keeping expectations low (pacing, playable unit count, animation quality) and looking forward to all the small improvements & tweaks to Jigoku-stuff + LOTS OF FUN UNITS TO PLAY WITH and we see the end of the Z series.

I mean there's literally no way this will be worse than Z3-1 because:

A) There's almost no season upgrade shows where the same units get replaced with newer ones (like 00/Geass/Gurren) and so we'll just get all the units from Z3-1 playable + some old cast returns + several dozen new ones = lots of good playable units to choose from.

B) No bullshit characters starting out in grunts for a dozen or two missions; everyone should be in their real units and only get better.

C) Access to all the best attacks, no holding back.

D) OG cast returns

E) Story will have to have things happen since there's a ton of OG plot to resolve. Jigoku had so little plot; watching people summarize the entire game plot in one paragraph shows how little happened in Jigoku. Tengoku doesn't have room for that.

F) No DLC missions to slow down the pacing even more. If you were playing the DLC missions as the became available, you'd stop the story every 2-3 maps to do 1-2 DLC maps and it just made the non-movement of the story even worse. Now that the DLC is taken care of at the start, the game can keep moving forward.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Should at least be a solid SRW, at best be a great SRW.

Nah Bebpo is jumping the gun. It's three weeks from thursday.

Doh, yeah miscounted. Still getting close.

Gutss

Guys can i ask if there is a complete walktrough with english translation of the SRW Z3-1?
i want to try this with script for me to understand the story, fan of this series since im a boy but stoped it cuz i want to understand the story and we got only the og gba games(but that is still good i like the srx story line) thanks in advance for the help cheers.

Guys can i ask if there is a complete walktrough with english translation of the SRW Z3-1?
i want to try this with script for me to understand the story, fan of this series since im a boy but stoped it cuz i want to understand the story and we got only the og gba games(but that is still good i like the srx story line) thanks in advance for the help cheers.
It's text heavy for obvious reasons but Mark Neidengard's walkthrough would probably fit the bill. Dude has done this for a crapload of SRW games, huge dedication to the series.

So much coming in the next few months;

Type-0, FF15 demo, Bloodborne. Then in April we have SRW Z3.2, Xenoblade (waiting on NA release for this one).

First big spending burst of the year for me.

So much coming in the next few months;

Type-0, FF15 demo, Bloodborne. Then in April we have SRW Z3.2, Xenoblade (waiting on NA release for this one).

First big spending burst of the year for me.
Steins;Gate on consoles in the West should be right around the corner too.

I'm really curious to see what the next SRW projects are.

Next SRW should be something OGs or hand held only SRW.

Maybe they'll do another Heroine Chronicle/Queens Gate fanservice fanservice crossover.

Loona

Maybe they'll do another Heroine Chronicle/Queens Gate fanservice fanservice crossover.

Queen's Gate Spiral Chaos would have been fine to great without the pervy kind of fanservice... Samurai Shodown X Soul Calibur X Tekken X Fatal Fury X Guilty Gear X Blazblue...
There was no need to make embarassing to own...

Maid

Banned

I'm still waiting for OG3.

Heroine Chronicle was a fun game, but I was let down by the lack of your own captured monster girls.

Queen's Gate Spiral Chaos would have been fine to great without the pervy kind of fanservice... Samurai Shodown X Soul Calibur X Tekken X Fatal Fury X Guilty Gear X Blazblue...
There was no need to make embarassing to own...

I don't feel embarrassing owning it. That's essential what a Queen's games were.

Bebpo

Banned
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/1...-z-heaven-prison-will-downloadable-scenarios/

Fuck. There goes point #F on my list of why Tengoku-hen will be way better than Jigoku. So we have 15 stages of Rengoku prior to the game, probably a 100-120 stage main game (60 with routes everywhere) and then likely another 20+ DLC stages in-between. Ugh, way too many stages and not much anime plot to cover.

This time around I'll try to at least make it better by not playing any of the DLC stages until I beat the game. All the ones in Jigoku were totally optional and added nothing to the plot (besides giving you good parts) outside of the flashback stage of Gadlight's planet.

CorvoSol

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/1...-z-heaven-prison-will-downloadable-scenarios/

Fuck. There goes point #F on my list of why Tengoku-hen will be way better than Jigoku. So we have 15 stages of Rengoku prior to the game, probably a 100-120 stage main game (60 with routes everywhere) and then likely another 20+ DLC stages in-between. Ugh, way too many stages and not much anime plot to cover.

This time around I'll try to at least make it better by not playing any of the DLC stages until I beat the game. All the ones in Jigoku were totally optional and added nothing to the plot (besides giving you good parts) outside of the flashback stage of Gadlight's planet.

For me it's less about how many levels there are (since I don't speak Japanese and so my enjoyment of the plot is boiled down to "oh cool we're doing this part of show x") and more about how these levels are structured.

I feel like last game was just way too many waves of no-name enemies on nothing-happenin' stages. Like I have this distinct impression that I'd spend entire maps mowing through Zakus or those mooks from Shin Mazinger Z with special guest appearances by crowd-favorite villains from Aquarion EVOL.

It took the whole game to even get a different kind of Gurren Lagann, too.

Maid

Banned
God I would love a Heroine Chronicle 2. If only because it's a chance for Symphogear season 2 and Kill la Kill.

That reminds me, didn't they say something like Heroine Chronicle was selling better than expected? I also participated in the survey asking which series we would like to see in the future installment. It gave me high hope for the sequel, but no word from them since then. It was good just for how they fixed a bunch of series they used in the game and nicely weaved them together.

I'm hoping to see Nanoha, Precure, Symphogear S2, Vividred, Ore Twintail if there will ever be Heroine Chronicle 2.

That reminds me, didn't they say something like Heroine Chronicle was selling better than expected? I also participated in the survey asking which series we would like to see in the future installment. It gave me high hope for the sequel, but no word from them since then. It was good just for how they fixed a bunch of series they used in the game and nicely weaved them together.

I'm hoping to see Nanoha, Precure, Symphogear S2, Vividred, Ore Twintail if there will ever be Heroine Chronicle 2.

I am in full support of the early seasons of PreCure; back when their magical girl powers was basically karate.

Maid

Banned
I am in full support of the early seasons of PreCure; back when their magical girl powers was basically karate.

Can't really comment on this since I stopped watching after Smile Precure due to time constraint and work, lol. I thought it's still pretty good with all the punching kicking. What happened recently?

On the other hand, I wonder if we ever see show like Sky Witches in SRW.

Bebpo

Banned
That is hilarious. Like "oh crap, my QUAN[T] is not working; time to downgrade back to OO so I can upgrade back to QUAN[T] again" lol.

At least I hope this means we don't have to wait until halfway through the damn game to get to play as Setsuna.

squall23

That is hilarious. Like "oh crap, my QUAN[T] is not working; time to downgrade back to OO so I can upgrade back to QUAN[T] again" lol.

At least I hope this means we don't have to wait until halfway through the damn game to get to play as Setsuna.
Well to be fair, it's as hilarious as Kamille using ReZEL Commander and then "forgetting" how to summon the souls of dead girls to use Waverider Crash once he gets Zeta or Loran "not wanting" to use Moonlight Butterfly.

And by hilarious I do mean stupid as you can probably guess.

Bebpo

Banned
Not that Famitsu is legit at all, the game scored 32/40 which is kind of low for a big push marketing game like mainline SRW. Even Jigoku scored 34/40. Man, I hope this doesn't suck.

Not that Famitsu is legit at all, the game scored 32/40 which is kind of low for a big push marketing game like mainline SRW. Even Jigoku scored 34/40. Man, I hope this doesn't suck.

That's because one of the major complaints from Famitsu was that the animations were recycled heavily...

Can't really comment on this since I stopped watching after Smile Precure due to time constraint and work, lol. I thought it's still pretty good with all the punching kicking. What happened recently?

The series got more beam spammy as it went on. The fights are still cool, but what I liked about PreCure fights was how season 1 handled them; outside of their finishing moves, all they ever did was punch and kick.

Bebpo

Banned
At the start of Z3-2, Amuro is back in the RE-GZ...lol :(

At least Gundam 00R is a pretty good unit. Luckily it looks like Kamille at least starts in Zeta and they didn't put Banagher in like a Zaku or something stupid.

OG stuff looks cool though.

Bebpo

Banned
lol, I better put some time into the OT this weekend. Final Round last week has eaten up my energy so far.

Just let me know if you want any help!

Although I figure I'll spend the first week (Fri->Fri) blowing through Rengoku-hen and probably wont actually start the main game until the week after. Though I guess if Rengoku is really short I'll get through it in a weekend. The first 15 stages in a SRW can usually do in 2-3 days because they're like 20-30 mins each.

At least Gundam 00R is a pretty good unit. Luckily it looks like Kamille at least starts in Zeta and they didn't put Banagher in like a Zaku or something stupid.

On the other hand Bio Sensor and NT-D will still be locked down for whatever plot reasons, or whatever mechanical reason hello Newtype LVL 5, leaving Delta Plus as the best early game UC unit.

Top Bottom