• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Zubz

Banned
I was about to say that I was disappointed that Smash 4 didn't go completely ham with the alts, but then I remembered that we got 2 genders for the Wii Fit Trainer/Robin/Corrin, Wireframe Mac, Alph, AC Cloud, Beehive Bayonetta, and most impressively, all 7 Koopalings. I guess I'm just mostly disappointed because A.) I wanted them to go full Project M, and B.) I'm still bitter that Wario's down to 8 costumes total.

Still, though, it'd be nice to see a hypothetical Smash for NX add a couple of additional costumes of that caliber. I wholeheartedly expect the Inklings to be in the next iteration of Smash, and that both genders would be represented ala WFT, but it'd also be cool to see Proto Man, Hyrule Warriors costumes for the Triforce Trio, or Raichu (Or at least, Pikachu Libre). Or at the very least, Ms. Pac-Man wouldn't be too bad.

I want to play as MGS1 snake

I'll agree with you if it means he keeps his pixel-y face.

Man, between that Adventures look and his Assault look, Falco's not proving to have the greatest of fashion senses.

Like why the dorag? Why the sunglasses? Why the spiked arm guards?

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Got into a little modding for Smash U. Anyone who is already involved/using mods, I did some voice sfx/sound sfx work that you can use to replace existing sounds/voices for Cloud, King Dedede, Mewtwo, and Roy.

Here's a link to some of my work: http://gamebanana.com/members/submissions/sounds/1476189

I don't do requests since these take up time...I'm thinking of doing a recolor texture of Ness based off my GAF avatar (did one for Brawl, him and Lucas...my crowning glory when it came to making textures for that game lol) so if I get back into doing that and I do others for the Wii U, I'll post them here so you guys can download or check them out

Is Greninja known to be a poor swimmer or is that joke based on his possibility of drowning in Smash?

Pretty sure it's the latter. There's something funny to me about the likes of Ryu and Cloud having such a casual converdation. The MAGIC of Smash.

Anyway latest one

Those last two panels of Bowser would make for a perfect Quote/Reaction Image. I'm really loving this comic. It fills the void from Brawl in the Family ending.

The Monkey Rap section of the Melee Music Roundtable is now up on Source Gaming. Fascinating stuff on one of Melee's most unique music tracks.

There's also background on the arrangements for Mute City, Dr. Mario, Brinstar and even a little on Onett.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally played around with sm4shexplorer this weekend and replaced and added music tracks into the game. A few hiccups along the way but now it's rather easy to do.

Just need to consider what songs to add now ha ha. Ashley's JP exclusive song literally has a flag that tells it not to appear in the EN version. You just need to enable it for it to appear. No need to add it manually.

woopWOOP

Just need to consider what songs to add now ha ha. Ashley's JP exclusive song literally has a flag that tells it not to appear in the EN version. You just need to enable it for it to appear. No need to add it manually.
Really? Huh... wonder why they just had to block it. Just because there was no English alternative? It's such a neat song :(

Looking around there's apparently a brstm to nus3bank converter, so atleast I can convert my crummy custom-made Brawl bgms to WiiU Smash pretty easily. Still not comfortable doing any modifications to a game that's still updated from time to time tho...

I wonder if whoever made that video is aware that Sakurai Finally played around with sm4shexplorer this weekend and replaced and added music tracks into the game. A few hiccups along the way but now it's rather easy to do.

Just need to consider what songs to add now ha ha. Ashley's JP exclusive song literally has a flag that tells it not to appear in the EN version. You just need to enable it for it to appear. No need to add it manually.[/QUOTE]

Which did you use: Loadiine or SDCafiine?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I wonder if whoever made that video is aware that Sakurai [URL="http://sourcegaming.info/2016/03/23/sakurai-briefly-discusses-smash-as-an-esport/]recently mentioned[/URL] he's happy Melee is still played as a competitive title.

Well, to be fair, he also says:

Samurai said:
But I want to avoid a design where stronger players utterly dominate weaker ones.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

MZHWosr.gif

People really need to understand Nintendo and Sakurai see this series in the same light as Mario Party (heck, I remember when the first Smash and Party were revealed in magazines at the same time!) and Mario Kart. They're going to focus on accessibility and chaos primarily. That's their target market. Changes to the series are not some malciious attempt to stick it to the tournament scene, who are what, less than 1% of the consumer base(?).

Saying that the games are designed around giving the end user choice with all its options and he has even provided "tournament friendly" features, though even then clean stages like Battlefield and Final Destination are just the neutral stages that are common in multiplayer games like stage 1 in a Bomberman title.

There were mistakes with Brawl and here's the thing, they were fixed/adjusted with Smash 4. And there were nifty additions to the series with that game like My Music. If anything, the weird decision Sakurai had when taking the series forward was removing cutscenes because of YouTube, a decision miles away from whatever the tournament scene does. But of course that doesn't fit with the anti Sakurai narrative so the actual facts will be ignored.

Which did you use: Loadiine or SDCafiine?
SDCafiine for patching the files. DDD via Loadiine (as described in the pastebin posted a few pages back) to extract the game files.

Well, to be fair, he also says:

And you could certainly take issue with his design philosophy regarding that, but it doesn't really fit with the narrative the video presents (or, at the very least, the more hyperbolic bits).

It reminds me of what he said recently regarding fan conspiracy theories.

SDCafiine for patching the files. DDD via Loadiine (as described in the pastebin posted a few pages back) to extract the game files.

It's been at least a week since I messed with it and this is already gobbledygook to me. D:

If you still plan to make it, I look forward to your FAQ.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's been at least a week since I messed with it and this is already gobbledygook to me. D:

If you still plan to make it, I look forward to your FAQ.

I don't fully understand it, I've just followed the two guides to the t. If it helps I've written up how to make your own NUS3BANK files:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1elmadxnV_jiL0A6yrfC4682PDhf3E-fmbQL8wXrnVg0/edit?usp=sharing

I'll add a bit more about sm4shexplorer later. I don't know how much you need about the stuff written in the two pastebin guides since I don't want to just end up repeating things.

The Monkey Rap section of the Melee Music Roundtable is now up on Source Gaming. Fascinating stuff on one of Melee's most unique music tracks.

There's also background on the arrangements for Mute City, Dr. Mario, Brinstar and even a little on Onett.

Wish I could have heard what Being Friends would have sounded like with a saxophone.

At the end of the interview he talks how surprising Meta Knight's and Dedede's popularity was for Smash. Which is probably why MK was first in line for Brawl, and Dedede was right behind him.

I don't fully understand it, I've just followed the two guides to the t. If it helps I've written up how to make your own NUS3BANK files:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1elmadxnV_jiL0A6yrfC4682PDhf3E-fmbQL8wXrnVg0/edit?usp=sharing

I'll add a bit more about sm4shexplorer later. I don't know how much you need about the stuff written in the two pastebin guides since I don't want to just end up repeating things.

That's actually really helpful! I did read about the IDSP conversion thing but there weren't any concrete guides on that.

I did get as far as properly setting up Loadiine and DDD properly, but I believe it was when I added Sm4shExplorer files it caused a system memory error.

Wish I could have heard what Being Friends would have sounded like with a saxophone.

At the end of the interview he talks how surprising Meta Knight's and Dedede's popularity was for Smash. Which is probably why MK was first in line for Brawl, and Dedede was right behind him.

For what it's worth, here's a beta version of the theme from E3 01. Like Pollyanna, it's clearly based on the vocal version.

I posted a reply countering the incorrect points he made in the video.

-Sakurai has never mentioned YouTube being the reason Brawl "changed" direction
-Sakurai has never commented on Project M

+Sakurai treats every game as his last. However, this is the first time he's optimistic about returning (Fire Emblem Anniversary Interview).

+The rise of the casual market for Wii and 3DS along with the Wii Remote are the reason L canceling was removed (Sakurai Answers Some Old Questions about Brawl)

+Smash was always suppose to be random and haphazard. Sakurai has taken that approach since the beginning and has wrote about it on the Smash 64 website along in his column, "Winning and Losing".

+Smash was designed to be an accessible fighting game. That's why all the specials are easy to input. He talked about it in Ryu's section (Nintendo Dream part 2).

z canceling and L canceling are intentional and were officially mentioned (official times Z canceling and L canceling were mentioned).

Too lazy to dig up the actual links, but there's all the article titles if you are curious (All on Source Gaming).

EVO 2016 is the largest Smash tournament ever.

Which means Smash 4 likely broke 2000 entries, since it was pretty close to 2k last year.

Of course this means the grand finals will be on at 9am on Saturday right before some generic anime fighter and this year's money hat fighting game. Because that's where the largest Smash tournament ever held should have its grand finals, not on prime time on Sunday, no siree, can't have that.

PK Gaming

ヽ( ´ー`)ノ ヽ( ´ー`)ノ Smash 4 hype ヽ( ´ー`)ノ ヽ( ´ー`)ノ

Smash 4 at evo is gonna be insane.

jnWake

I hope the japanese stars show up for EVO. It was cool having them at Genesis and there are some new threats like the Mega Man now.

Street Fighter V is probably still ahead by a considerable margin (last we've heard, SFV hit 4k a few months ago), but I'm curious to see how close Smash 4 is to SFV in entrants.

This probably means the registration just passed the previous record, so currently we are slightly above 1926 i think.
Is that assumption- they brag about attendance milestones the moment they happen- a safe one, gaf?

CronoShot

EVO 2016 is the largest Smash tournament ever.

Which means Smash 4 likely broke 2000 entries, since it was pretty close to 2k last year.

Of course this means the grand finals will be on at 9am on Saturday right before some generic anime fighter and this year's money hat fighting game. Because that's where the largest Smash tournament ever held should have its grand finals, not on prime time on Sunday, no siree, can't have that.

It's a shame, because Smash 4 is way bigger than any game on finals day that isn't Melee or SFV.

I can kinda understand why they don't want so many hours of Smash on one day, but I want both Smash games to succeed. Melee certainly deserves what they get, they get tons of viewers and have tons of fans. But Smash 4 constantly being treated as the odd game out isn't helping them grow. A lot of people don't even tune in to EVO until the finals on Sunday. I don't see why the Sunday schedule couldn't go Smash 4 - Mortal Kombat - Mahvel - Melee - SFV.

Tripon

It's a shame, because Smash 4 is way bigger than any game on finals day that isn't Melee or SFV.

I can kinda understand why they don't want so many hours of Smash on one day, but I want both Smash games to succeed. Melee certainly deserves what they get, they get tons of viewers and have tons of fans. But Smash 4 constantly being treated as the odd game out isn't helping them grow. A lot of people don't even tune in to EVO until the finals on Sunday. I don't see why the Sunday schedule couldn't go Smash 4 - Mortal Kombat - Mahvel - Melee - SFV.

Lol, Xrd was the reason Evo got on sports center, and you want to drop them on Sunday.

Top Bottom