• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Roo

Can't believe you guys are arguing the same shit from 4 months ago again lol

wait.. no, I actually can. smh

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm already subscribed to another Smash OT in Community, it's still open.
fUWcRn4.gif

It's for Smash 4 only (also matchmaking is welcome but people would prefer to do it in Discord tho.)

Honestly I can't really see that happening. The female Inkling is far more popular and iconic than the male.

The thing is, Nintendo claims that the female design was the main emphasis when designing Inklings, while the male was designed second.

I thought male Inkling was just afterthought because people were asking for it?

Olimar was indeed the main one but I believe the player used Duck Hunt to play against Sheik (or some other top tier) so it was important too!

That's great. I will try to find the video in few days when they are going to upload it. That's big if they actually records the matches.

It only felt like a week ago, people thought Bayonetta was underwhelming and a mid tier at best.

Heh. I thought she was going to be very strong character with those combo. I'm glad that I wasn't wrong.

We were so close to getting a Plumber Wario amiibo figure.

But that's an entirely different series/line of amiibo, so I'll just stop there.

Didn't DK and Rosalina also have 'normal' amiibos in that game that don't actually exist yet? My point still stands, though like you said it's unrelated to Smash either way.

Neoxon

Nah. Male Inkling was shown in the Splatoon reveal.
He was, but Heath was right in that the Inkling Boy was an after-thought. The Inkling Girl was designed first & was intended to be the only Inkling, but then the devs decided to throw in the Inkling Boy later.

Javier

He was, but Heath was right in that the Inkling Boy was an after-thought. The Inkling Girl was designed first & was intended to be the only Inkling, but then the devs decided to throw in the Inkling Boy later.
I don't think that means necessarily that Inkling Boy was an afterthought. Just that they designed Inkling Girl so that she could fit better as the franchise's mascot.

Since the Inkling is supposed to be an Avatar-type character, the intention of doing male and female Inklings was probably there from Day 1.

Ooooh damn.

Ike is such a damn good character. My Brawl and Project M main.

I'm switching from Bowser to Ike in PM after Big Balc. I did notoriously bad in pools, but every match was last stock.

People told me Bowser is really holding me back, and after trying Ike I agree.

Any good Ike PM guides?

norm9

Is it just me or is online still super laggy. When I watch ssb4 on twitch, it looks smooth. But I played a few games last night and it lagtastic.

Is it just me or is online still super laggy. When I watch ssb4 on twitch, it looks smooth. But I played a few games last night and it lagtastic.

It's definitely you. Check your connection and be wired if you aren't already, I've had nothing but good experiences outside the occasional For Glory lagfest against an international opponent.

norm9

It's definitely you. Check your connection and be wired if you aren't already, I've had nothing but good experiences outside the occasional For Glory lagfest against an international opponent.

Ok. I'm only wireless. That's too bad. I only do for fun, so maybe it's the amount of people playing causing the trouble. The other players must hate me.

Ok. I'm only wireless. That's too bad. I only do for fun, so maybe it's the amount of people playing causing the trouble. The other players must hate me.

It's possible to have 4 players and still have a good connection. But if you go on For Fun, not only are you yourself wireless, but it is most likely that ALL 3 other players are wireless. This results in a most likely bad connection due to wifi and location differences.

MANUELF

Banned
Will not buy the rest od the DLC because of this
Also because buying the characters and stages left cost 70% of a full game

This reads like a poll that doesn't need to happen since the answer is obvious; yes. Often comes across that the rule organiser are far too ban happy.

The Mii debate has been one of the silliest debates I've seen regarding competitive Smash. The leaps of logic people have to make to present an argument against them, that can't also apply to other characters, are big.

Top Bottom