• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
uFWsuKl.png

Yeah, now we know why Ganondorf is like that.

The community is a treat to behold, seriously. Here's hoping we're playing Magicant in Smash NX in the big screen...

Well fellow Smashers, off the Internet for a whole month. I'll request a timed ban for it. Ye all keep boarding that hype train, folks! Catch ya in August.

Hopefully you would be back before NX reveal.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Last time I looked before leaving Smashboards behind, Charizard got some good buffs including an air speed one. I just learned that apparently ZSS got nerfed (GOOD!). Could anyone tell me the state the Zard is in right now? Is he still at the complete bottom of the barrel? If he's in the tier above trash tier, I'd be ecstatic.

Last time I looked before leaving Smashboards behind, Charizard got some good buffs including an air speed one. I just learned that apparently ZSS got nerfed (GOOD!). Could anyone tell me the state the Zard is in right now? Is he still at the complete bottom of the barrel? If he's in the tier above trash tier, I'd be ecstatic.

Zard is definitely not trash now, but imo he's severely under-repped. Like, I can't name a single notable Charizard player without looking it up. Not even a main, player. That's saddening.

IMO I don't think Zard is bottom 10, he's not going to win tourneys anytime soon but he's a solid mid-tier you can bust out if you feel like it. Heck, Dedede got nerfed recently and there are still players making him work, so it's not too late for the Zard.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Zard is definitely not trash now, but imo he's severely under-repped. Like, I can't name a single notable Charizard player without looking it up. Not even a main, player. That's saddening.

IMO I don't think Zard is bottom 10, he's not going to win tourneys anytime soon but he's a solid mid-tier you can bust out if you feel like it. Heck, Dedede got nerfed recently and there are still players making him work, so it's not too late for the Zard.

Solid mid-tier?

I'm back on the train baby. Mid-tier is all I need!

touA9n3.jpg

Hang on, D3 got nerfed? I never even noticed and he's one of my main 3 these days.

Bill said he couldn't make it to EVO this year because he has to be in Japan. :(
I got to play some Smash with him earlier though. :)
I hope you let him know your dislike of ROB and lack of respect for Ninty history as the random gamefaqs chap would say.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Someone did a fantastic review with what Iwata did for Smash Bros Franchise.

Also something got my attention in the article, and it's something that I forget all about but solidified my argument about Smash NX. However, it could be first for everything tho.

Sakurai really love the fan base so much that he can't bring himself to disappoint the fans so that was one of my point about Sakurai when I argued that we might get new contents in Smash NX.

I think it's a pride thing.

Also called "taking an interest in the quality of your franchise" (not a dig at you I just think Sakurai really cares about the series)

Yeah I dunno what else anyone needs to hear to be convinced we can get extra content in Smash NX

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Also, I want to share the quotes from Ask Iwata.

Iwata Well, I had considered what I would do if you turned me down and decided that I would need to take the existing Smash Bros. title, Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube, and try to make it Wi-Fi capable while preserving as much balanced game play as possible in the event you didn’t want to get involved. Maybe it’s more appropriate to say that I realized we wouldn’t be able to add any new elements to the game without your help and I think I said as much when we discussed it at the hotel. It wasn’t right, but you might even say I used it as a threat of sorts.

Sakurai It certainly had the desired impact!

Actually, I was a freelance game developer at the time and had planned to use the E3 as a means to gather information on the newest hardware and software and figure out what I would work on next. And then I met up with you. I had some other job requests already and had a hard time making up my mind. In the end though, I decided there were no other jobs with the potential that I could get people to be as happy as the Smash Bros. project. After all, it was already clear that lots of people were looking forward to it. So, I decided to accept the project. Or, accepted that I had no choice but to take it.

----

Its all fun and games until someone finds Snake's picture.

To be honest, Snake's pictures wouldn't be there at all because we already know who took those pictures.

I highly doubt the NX version is going to have any new content.

It doesn't make sense that it wouldn't. There's nothing to see if it's literally just Smash 4 on another console.

Why even bother? The ROI on new content is absurd. Spend a couple months throwing together a few characters and a couple stages and you've increased sales several times over.

DLC has shown people are willing to throw large sums of money at a relatively small amount of additional content.

Neoxon

It doesn't make sense that it wouldn't. There's nothing to see if it's literally just Smash 4 on another console.

Why even bother? The ROI on new content is absurd. Spend a couple months throwing together a few characters and a couple stages and you've increased sales several times over.
It'd be a Complete Edition meant to pad out the NX launch line-up & save a gem from sinking with the Wii U.

If there's more content, neat. But the only new character I have a good feeling will come are the Ice Climbers, & even they're no guarantee.

It'd be a Complete Edition meant to pad out the NX launch line-up & save a gem from sinking with the Wii U.

Given the choice of spending 4 months making a couple new characters and making several times your money, versus throwing it out there with nothing to actually entice anyone to buy it seems like nobody sane would ever pick the latter.

Knowing Nintendo, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them doing that.

That being said, I doubt there's anyone alive who would think of it as the best-case scenario.

What do you mean "knowing Nintendo"

Nintendo's remakes and re-releases almost always contain new content.

Neoxon

Knowing Nintendo, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them doing that.

That being said, I doubt there's anyone alive who would think of it as the best-case scenario.
But I don't really see a lot of people getting their hopes up for the port outside of GAF beyond a few people here-&-there. Sakurai wouldn't really be disappointing a lot of people by doing a straight port of Smash 4 with all of the DLC included, & that's assuming Sakurai's even involved with the port.

But I don't really see a lot of people getting their hopes up for the port outside of GAF beyond a few people here-&-there. Sakurai wouldn't really be disappointing a lot of people by doing a straight port of Smash 4 with all of the DLC included, & that's assuming Sakurai's even involved with the port.

Seriously? Smash Bros. character announcements makes news headlines on game sites and the trailers rack up millions of views. Look at the unanimously ravenous reaction to Breath of the Wild. Look at all the people who get annoyed at nintendo when they do something like make mandatory motion controls or a non-RPG Paper Mario. Those people are disappointed when they get something they don't like. They don't buy something if they have no incentive to or if it's just like the thing they already have. A port with no new content would be divisive at best. These mentalities have no basis.

What do you mean "knowing Nintendo"

Nintendo's remakes and re-releases almost always contain new content.

Trying to predict Nintendo is a crapshoot so I don't really bother anymore.

Neoxon

Seriously? Smash Bros. character announcements makes news headlines on game sites and the trailers rack up millions of views. Look at the unanimously ravenous reaction to Breath of the Wild. This mentality has no basis.
I mean I haven't seen a lot of people hyping up the rumored Smash 4 port in social media. There's talk, sure, but I didn't notice a lot of people asking for characters for the port. If I missed a spot or two, please chime in. But I'm just saying what I've observed. There wouldn't be much disappointment for a straight port.

You really think they can crank out "some characters" in a couple months and just invalidate the Wii U and 3DS versions

Now if they were to also be released for previous versions that would be fine, but then what was the point of the whole "this makes the end of development for Sm4sh for Wii U and 3DS"? Plus Nintendo aren't the kind of dudes who leave people in the dust regarding DLC, as we saw with Hyrule Warriors. They could have easily made it so Linkle and friends were 3DS exclusive and sold the same game twice for profit, but didn't.

Not being a Debbie Downer, I'm just being real.

I mean I haven't seen a lot of people hyping up the rumored Smash 4 port in social media. There's talk, sure, but I didn't notice a lot of people asking for characters for the port. If I missed a spot or two, please chime in. But I'm just saying what I've observed.

That miiiiiight have something to do with the fact that it hasn't been officially announced yet.

ffdgh

Dobut anyone would mind if customs were easier to get/already unlocked and could be switched on the fly like names for a potential nX port.

Still will probably be excuses to not use them though lol.

Top Bottom