• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

udivision

It's interesting how they do a lot of the same setups that top players do.

The biggest difference between this and better players is that the kids aren't adapting to the options the other are choosing. It's kind of fascinating in a way.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
OH NO

NOOO

:(

I feel terrible for that kid.

Man, my heart felt that pain for him. :(

If it's just an enhanced port, like most people assume, then it probably will be announced right alongside the console, since it should be a launch title.

Perhaps. I still think Smash NX wouldn't come out until after E3 2017.

Outside of a really friendly non-subscriber chat during the pokken pools for EVO where a bunch of us were explaining how the game works to some curious people who hadn't played the game before but were interested, you've not really missed much ^.^;

That sound awesome. :D

These kids could probably beat some of the players here lol

Can we send them to Evo next year

I would donate some money next year if I'm not broken.

mStudios

Cloud takes another National

Smash for NX will be scheduled for holiday 2017 and be delayed to early 2018, but we'll get a badass 3D Mario for that holiday. History will repeat itself.

wbEMX

Daaaaamn, watching this made me jealous. Have been playing Smash since Melee, but they would've kicked my ass for sure. Was pretty damn entertaining and motivating, because now I wanna git gud again at Smash.

Draxal

Looks like there's a Samus from Prime 3 Figma, and a new Link/Zelda figmas (Twilight Princess versions so smash ... versions) as well. Good amount of smash characters in both figma and nendo form now.

NeonZ

Perhaps. I still think Smash NX wouldn't come out until after E3 2017.

Maybe if it's actually a new version of the game with new features and/or characters and stages, rather than just a port of the Wii U version.

Awesome!!! :D
...but I can't scan them into games like mariomaker and play as her :/

Well, it's not like they've added support for Roy in anything (aside from yet another way to give sword power to Kirby) at this point. They've been strangely silent about the Corrin Amiibo too, I can see it having even worse support.

So the NX is apparently going to be a hybrid.

Hopefully its hardware is strong enough to be able to run Ice Climbers in 8-player Smash.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So the NX is apparently going to be a hybrid.

Hopefully its hardware is strong enough to be able to run Ice Climbers in 8-player Smash.

I think we should wait for official announcement in couple of months to see what would happens with our upcoming console. It's getting pretty exciting that we are getting close.

I imagine it's still stronger than the Wii-U so I'd expect it could :p

That's what the rumor said but who knows.

Neoxon

If that NX rumor proves true, I fear for what it may entail for competitive Smash, especially if I can't plug in a GameCube Adapter to the TV dock (or at least some kind of wired controller). This would suck even more if the port of Smash 4 ends up having more content that would impact competitive play.

Zebei

Im sure the console will have SOME kind of optional controller. It's not like everyone has to use a gamepad.

Whether it is actually fun or not is another story.

Thank goodness i already use the wii u pro controller so ill be ready
to get my ass beat

Ahnez

If that NX rumor proves true, I fear for what it may entail for competitive Smash, especially if I can't plug in a GameCube Adapter to the TV dock (or at least some kind of wired controller). This would suck even more if the port of Smash 4 ends up having more content that would impact competitive play.
This is something that worries me too

Well, first lets see if the rumor is true

Neoxon

Speaking of competitive Smash, East Cost Throwdown left out Smash 4 in favor of exclusively focusing on Melee. A shame, really.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
double post from other thread,

For people who are concerned about competitive smash and NX not having usb, etc.

Please just wait for official announcement and see the official spec to see if they have usb or not before people start to panic. Having an Artificial Paranoia about something that aren't confirmed yet is unnecessary.

jnWake

For people who are concerned about competitive smash and NX not having usb, etc.

Please just wait for official announcement and see the official spec to see if they have usb or not before people start to panic. Having an Artificial Paranoia about something that aren't confirmed yet is unnecessary.

I agree. It's way too early to speculate about Smash NX's competitive potential. For all we know the TV dock may have USB ports and other stuff. I doubt Nintendo will throw away the potential for local TV multiplayer.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's the problem with "full blown" leaks, they are often not really full blown and only give us half the story, but it's enough for people to assume they know everything.

random25

Speaking of Smash NX port (or a new future Smash NX exclusive), if NX turns out to be as portable as the articles suggest, has the required USB ports to plug in wired GC controllers or any USB peripherals, and can play just about as good if not better than the Wii U, then we're talking about a ridiculously easy set up for tournaments or gaming conventions involving Smash.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I agree. It's way too early to speculate about Smash NX's competitive potential. For all we know the TV dock may have USB ports and other stuff. I doubt Nintendo will throw away the potential for local TV multiplayer.

Right, it's too early but I understand why few people were concerned about it because some people couldn't deal with other controllers other than GameCube controllers.

That's the problem with "full blown" leaks, they are often not really full blown and only give us half the story, but it's enough for people to assume they know everything.

Exactly. Since there are few sources that are practically claims that they heard same thing about NX so I guess it's getting too real for some people. I hope that we are going to hear something about Smash NX and NX next month.

Speaking of Smash NX port (or a new future Smash NX exclusive), if NX turns out to be as portable as the articles suggest, has the required USB ports to plug in wired GC controllers or any USB peripherals, and can play just about as good if not better than the Wii U, then we're talking about a ridiculously easy set up for tournaments or gaming conventions involving Smash.

Actually, you got a good point there. I didn't really think about that way. It should make it easy for most of people.

Gleethor

Emily Rogers tweeted that she heard NX has "at least 2 USB ports" so we're probably fine as far as gamecube adapter support goes.

FSLink

Banned
Picked up Megaman again after being destroyed by Kamemushi at EVO.

It's been awhile since I've used MM but he already feels like a natural fit, and the item play from my Diddy translate nicely. Gonna grind out the more obscure stuff.

Top Bottom