• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

All the Z button is is a combination of block+attack. It's not an actual, individual button/action.

And Forward Smash is a combination of Dash and Attack, what's your point?

Some characters have entirely different moves that most of the cast do not have. Given that the move set of characters have been stable now for most games in the series, there's a chance to do like Melee did and add a bunch of new moves to the roster to change it up a bit without outright replacing moves, or even adding a new button.

I usually just lurk here so not expecting this to gain any attention, but if you're interested in seeing some Smash 64 content, I'd like to read feedback on a video I created recently. The shout-outs are aimed at the 64 community so I understand that outsiders may not be interested in the first 4 minutes, but I'm interested in hearing overall thoughts regardless of perspectives going in. I should note that the couple references I make to other Smash games aren't heavy-handed and that I love every Smash lol, despite some things I dislike with each of them.

At around 4 mins I get into reasons why I love Smash 64, and the last three minutes are a fun little montage if you want to skip ahead. Perhaps timestamps in the intro would be a good idea for future videos. Thanks in advance, even if you think it sucks ;b

Metal B

So i just played a Mii in For Glory. Long live the mods, I guess. Should really like into this, since I want a sound mod to have Bowser sound more like regular Bowser.

Forward smash isn't a combination of dash and attack, that's what dash attack is, lol what

and zair isn't just a unique attack but it gives characters the ability to tether recovery. in the whole series only around 5 characters can tether recovery, and some (Sheik and Olimar) actually lost their tethers.

You guys remember AbyssWolf's sweet pixel art that unfortunately focused only on the base 48 non-Mii Fighter characters?

smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png

Well, looks like he's finally finishing the job.

tumblr_oe0iqb3JwI1riuctjo1_500.png

CtNRb-CWIAARkX8.png

You guys remember AbyssWolf's sweet pixel art that unfortunately focused only on the base 48 non-Mii Fighter characters?

smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png

tumblr_oe0iqb3JwI1riuctjo1_500.png

CtNRb-CWIAARkX8.png

only way to make this truly complete is if Wolf also adds the alt. characters.

Think we will ever get to play Card War Saga? ;-;

EDIT: Well he has made the alt character sprites, they are in the same pose as the original though, which would make the whole thing look off.

amazing

you really don't know a damn thing about these games, do you

Yea, I know nothing about Smash Bros, you caught me

I must be making up the input of flicking the control stick (which is dash) while holding the attack button. Yep, oh man, I must just not know anything what with 4000 combined hours over almost 20 years of playing Smash Bros.
Next time you try to do a Smash attack, don't press A. Magically you'll start dashing, although lord knows why since obviously it isn't even close to the same button.

Oh wait
A tap, or tapping, is a term used in the Super Smash Bros. series that refers to quickly tilting, or tilting in a direction very hard, on the Control stick/D-pad in a certain direction. It is used to either dash, jump or drop through a platform, and can be combined with the attack button to perform smash attacks.

Well I'll be

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Finally! It's about time for him to finishing up the project. I knew he would do it because he said he would but I'm glad it's going to happens so soon.

Think we will ever get to play Card War Saga? ;-;

NEVER!

http://orig02.deviantart.net/377d/f/2015/031/4/b/smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png

http://66.media.tumblr.com/d2523be9802e1723d677c2101ce2853c/tumblr_oe0iqb3JwI1riuctjo1_500.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtNRb-CWIAARkX8.png
Still waiting for Neorice to create that Master Hand and Crazy Hand pixel art.

Smash 4 NX better have Guile's Theme.

How did Sakurai allow such a tragedy like that to pass? How did Capcom allow that to happen?

"Hey, can we have arguably the most well known song in the series?"
"Nah man, but here's two slightly different versions of Ken's theme, enjoy!"

I hope to see Akuma as an Assist Trophy as well.

...or an Akuma alt with customs to make Ryu's specials more like Akuma's

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not as bad as getting the rights to the Chocobo theme so they can use it in the Cloud reveal trailer only to not put it in the game.

I think Akuma could work as an assist trophy. A reoccurring theme with the third party ATs is that they're all rival/antagonist figures: Grey Fox, Shadow, Pac-Man Ghosts, and Elec Man. Likewise, I could see Sephiroth being chosen as Final Fantasy's assist trophy, that or a reoccuring enemy like a Cactuar or Ultros or something.

Smash 4 NX better have Guile's Theme.

How did Sakurai allow such a tragedy like that to pass? How did Capcom allow that to happen?

"Hey, can we have arguably the most well known song in the series?"
"Nah man, but here's two slightly different versions of Ken's theme, enjoy!"

I hope to see Akuma as an Assist Trophy as well.

...or an Akuma alt with customs to make Ryu's specials more like Akuma's

I'm hoping the supposed NX port will fix this alongside the FF music selection (although knowing Square-Enix I wouldn't be surprised if the latter doesn't happen).

Likewise, I could see Sephiroth being chosen as Final Fantasy's assist trophy, that or a reoccuring enemy like a Cactuar or Ultros or something.
I imagine assist trophy Sephiroth be a cross between Lyn and the Pokemon Keledo. Zooming around the map at breakneck speed; doing swift swings with long range. All while not being voiced by Lance Bass.

I have not played FF7, so I don't know what Sephiroth does in that game.

Sephiroth himself isn't actually physically seen doing much in FFVII proper. He's an uncontrollable party member for a brief flashback, and the two proper fights against him are him transformed into horrible monsters. The one time you fight normal Sephiroth is a single turned scripted battle where he basically does nothing. Modern depictions of Sephiroth's fighting style from sequels, spinoffs, and crossovers are more based on how people imagined he'd fight combined with what little you actually see of him fight.

If he was made into an Assist I kinda think they'd have him use Supernova somehow, but I don't know how. Maybe he could be a special assist that has a cinematic attack akin to Captain Falcon's final smash. I mostly think the generic "character jumps/warps around the battlefield and attacks the opponents" is pretty over done for assists.

Sephiroth himself isn't actually physically seen doing much in FFVII proper. He's an uncontrollable party member for a brief flashback, and the two proper fights against him are him transformed into horrible monsters. The one time you fight normal Sephiroth is a single turned scripted battle where he basically does nothing. Modern depictions of Sephiroth's fighting style from sequels, spinoffs, and crossovers are more based on how people imagined he'd fight combined with what little you actually see of him fight.

If he was made into an Assist I kinda think they'd have him use Supernova somehow, but I don't know how. Maybe he could be a special assist that has a cinematic attack akin to Captain Falcon's final smash. I mostly think the generic "character jumps/warps around the battlefield and attacks the opponents" is pretty over done for assists.

Huh. Having barely played FF7, I never knew all that.

I think Akuma could work as an assist trophy. A reoccurring theme with the third party ATs is that they're all rival/antagonist figures: Grey Fox, Shadow, Pac-Man Ghosts, and Elec Man. Likewise, I could see Sephiroth being chosen as Final Fantasy's assist trophy, that or a reoccuring enemy like a Cactuar or Ultros or something.

Akuma could be like the porygon2 of ATs.
Just immediately pops out zooming forward and whoever has the misfortune of being in the way eats a ridiculously damaging wrath of the raging demon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yeah, I want to point out that he have his own moveset in Kingdom Heart 1 and 2 so it's not out of question yet. It would be hilarious if we are going to be forced to watch 2 minutes CGI of Sephiroth summoning a Super Nova upon the opponents.

Definitely. I hope that it would pop out and move pretty immediately to catch opponents off guard.

Seeing it in Smash Bros would be cool.

1tvLKvP.gif

vVPow5E.gif

7rVC8VH.gif

jnWake

I'll always wonder why Elec Man was chosen instead of the much more obvious Proto Man or even Bass.

jnWake

She's easily one of the best summons in Megaman battle network: she almost never misses, does decent damage and heals you up all in one action :p

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I meant the classic series though!

Besides, Wood Man is a better summon in Battle Network!

Too bad there wouldn't be a situation to take a screenshot of Akuma and Yoshi making the same pose, since Yoshi's is a victory animation.

Unless they change up Ryu's Classic Mode image to have both Akuma and Akuma Yoshi next to eachother, but that kind of takes away from the joke a bit.

KarmaCow

Okay I'm dumb but does the "All-in-One Fighter Bundle" also include the stages? I want to get all the fighters and stages so would I just need to buy the All-in-One Fighter and Stage bundles?

At least you could get MK8 dlc pack 1 for free with my Nintendo, so that's something.

but yeah don't ever expect "Nintendo DLC" and "on sale" in the same sentence unless it's about it not being on sale

Well it could be "discounted" if you acquired eshop cards for cheap, like when Best Buy does those 10% off deals every now and then.

At least you weren't like me and bought every character only to barely play as them '~'

Top Bottom