• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
New Comic Panel :D

hnBCaai.png

OmOFHaF.png

pkkKbFx.gif

@ http://finalsmashcomic.tumblr.com

Neoxon

So Xander Mobus landed the role of Joker in Persona 5. Funny how things pan out, especially with the stuff about him a page or two ago.

Ryce

Yeah, there is most definitely an announcement coming at a later date. Smash is the only "big three" Wii U multiplayer game not featured in the trailer. Sakurai wouldn't want to reveal a new Smash character in a sizzle reel.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So as I expected, the usual jumping to conclusion often seen in this thread.

New generation, old habits.

D6OG85u.png

The Dragon Born would be such a cool addition.

So glaringly out of place, but would still be a ton of fun.

And if they wanted a big time Western developed third party character, the Dragon Born is perfect

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, there is most definitely an announcement coming at a later date. Smash is the only "big three" Wii U multiplayer game not featured in the trailer. Sakurai wouldn't want to reveal a new Smash character in a sizzle reel.

Right, I understand why they didn't bother to include it in the preview because it's always big news.

So is Konami...

please just let me have some hope

I'm in same boat with you. I hope for the best. Snake should return!

meanwhile I don't know if more than a quarter of the people here even play the game
Hey guys you know what would be more fun than speculating

Playing Smash Bros.

Netplay, Sm4sh online, come on guys you're killing me here

I don't know why you are still on kick about it. Not everyone in this thread HAD TO play with people in SmashGAF Discord, ya know. They have different way to play with Smash Bros, like local play, single player contents, etc.

jph139

I feel like Dovahkiin is fairly iconic, in a way. The generic helmet version on the cover at least.

Seems like a PSABR level choice though.

Not to mention...does anyone in Japan really care about Elder Scrolls?

Ryce made a good point about that. Besides Bayonetta (who got in because of the ballot), every third party character in Smash is incredibly famous and popular worldwide. Sakurai most likely generally wants third parties to have international appeal. While series like Rayman and Tomb Raider may be famous to us, they're incredibly obscure over in Japan. On the flip-side, something like Dragon Quest is a phenomenon in Japan but relatively obscure over here in the US.

Besides maybe Banjo & Kazooie (who are kinda stuck being owned by microsoft oops), the only other non-Nintendo western third party character I could possibly see getting in is Crash Bandicoot. He's most notably one of the few western IPs to actually see commercial success in the east. According to Wikipedia, the first Crash game on PSX was the first non-Japanese game to receive a "Gold Prize" in Japan for sales of over 500,000 units. Both its sequels sold over a million each over there as well.

I don't know why you are still on kick about it. Not everyone in this thread HAD TO play with people in SmashGAF Discord, ya know. They have different way to play with Smash Bros, like local play, single player contents, etc.
Believe it or not Heath but I actually am referring to just playing the game in general. Shockingly even I load up the game for some home run contest or Multi-Man Smash. In any sense I'm not mad about it or anything, so don't think that.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I'm surprised they didn't show off a port of Smash. I guess it's not in the cards now...I doubt Nintendo and Bamco will start a new game from scratch though right now.

I'm surprised they didn't show off a port of Smash. I guess it's not in the cards now...I doubt Nintendo and Bamco will start a new game from scratch though right now.

....or they just aren't ready to show it yet. As Ryce stated above, Sakurai probably wouldn't want to reveal a new Smash character in a short sizzle reel. They're probably waiting for a direct.

The only characters I definitely expect to be in are Ice Climbers and Inkling.

There's Wolf too I guess but I'm not sure if they really care about him at this point. He didn't really have any of the obstacles characters like Ice Climbers or Snake had in terms of being DLC for Smash 3DS/Wii U and yet they didn't put him in. Starfox Zero being kind of a commercial and critical dud might influence Sakurai to just keep Star Fox at two characters. I do hope he can return though.

Behind that, I'm not sure what to expect. Maybe they'll go back and add the Chorus Kids. Maybe they'll add another Pokemon. Maybe Sakurai might throw in another surprise third party character like Cloud. Either way, my body is ready.

Ice Climber, Inkling, Sun and Moon pokemon, Wolf, and a third-party. Putting this out there.

I'm curious about more stages too. I'd love a Breath of the Wild stage. We'd need something from Splatoon if the Inklings are coming.

Some alternate costumes would be nice. More trophies and music for Street Fighter and Final Fantasy.

Top Bottom