• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

I'm curious about more stages too. I'd love a Breath of the Wild stage. We'd need something from Splatoon if the Inklings are coming.

You know, if we can't get Dixie, I atleast hope we can get a stage from DKC Tropical Freeze. It really sucks how snubbed that game ended up being due to Sakurai probably not knowing much about it when planning Smash 4. Personally I'd choose Grassland Groove, which is only objectively the best level from that game.

While we're at it, I'd like to see something from Mario 3D World. Maybe a stage based on World Bowser.

It will be Smash 4.5. It will have HUGE selling power for the Switch even with only a modest amount of new content.

My unbounded, totally wishlist-y hopes:

- Ice Climbers* + Summit + New IC stage + Polar Bear AT
- Wolf* + Corneria + Slippy Toad AT
- Snake* (if not then one final third party; maybe Rayman*) + Shadow Moses (or a Rayman stage if appropriate) + Grey Fox AT
- Chorus Kids* + RH stage + RH AT
- Inkling* + Splatoon stage + Callie and Marie AT (if they aren't swaps for Inkling)
- Rowlet3* + Alola stage + Pichu I guess if it's easy
- Balloonist (this one is a pipe dream and I know Villager has balloons but I think this character would be a cool way to honor and immortalize Iwata in Smash; plus it kinda shares a Smash universe with Ice Climbers) + Balloon Trip stage
- Dixie Kong
- BotW character if anyone is in that game that warrants coming to Smash
- Hades (kinda the last KI character I'd want besides Medusa)
- Alph* (Olimar clone with Rock Pikmin as supposedly planned in Sm4sh) + Brittany and Charlie alts (don't come at me about body size it doesn't matter come on) + Louie alt for Olimar + Maybe a Pikmin 2 stage but that'll never happen
- Daisy alt for Peach with swapped voice clips and move effects (replace hearts with daisies, replace the peaches in the FS with... Daisy-themed cupcakes I dunno)
- Ms. Pac Man alt for Pac Man
- Dr. Luigi and Mr. L alts for Luigi
- 8 (or even 16 since alts are easy) more Villager alts like Isabelle, Tom Nook, KK, etc
- At least one "true" alt each for every Koopaling and Bowser Jr.
- Various HD remakes of 3DS stages (MAGICANT PLS)
- Story Mode even if it's not anything on the scale of SSE (even tho another one of those would be welcome too)
- WORLD BOWSER STAGE

The characters I (*)ed are just the ones I actually consider likely to be included. The rest are characters that might have to wait.

Super Smash Bros. Switch... I like it!

Not to mention...does anyone in Japan really care about Elder Scrolls?

Sakurai owns Skyrim, but yeah, it's never happening lol

Supposing our NX Remaster hopes and dreams come true, my wishlist is the following:

-Snake and Ice Climbers
-Smash Run
-A good chunk of 3DS stages (preferably any of the following: Magicant, Mute City, GB Dream Land, Balloon Fight, Rainbow Road, Tortimer Island, Yoshi's Island, WarioWare, Distant Planet, Living Room, and Corneria. Anything else is gravy.)
-A custom music uploader.
-some odd here and there (custom set rules, fixed menu, etc.)

All set to be disappointed, but hoping for the best!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
With Bamco as a Smash partner and DeNA as their mobile partner, I think it's logical to say that a Cinderella Gal will be the next third party character in Smash.

AroluRP.gif

With the potential of everyone having their own screen, Smash Run HD seems entirely possible.

9bca50d2d3ef074b9efbf8ba78da5b75.jpg

Now that we're on hardware actually worth some shit, maybe this time we can interact with each other on the same map. That was half of the fun in Air Ride's City Trial, and it was pretty disappointing to see everyone separated in their own world in Smash Run because of the 3DS's limitations. Throw in some new enemy types to accommodate the new series introduced as well.

6117d4ee4d139ab2b55dab2861b8cc0a.jpg

latest

latest
(presumably)

While we're at it, make sure to reuse the 3DS Classic Mode instead of the Wii U shit.

Don't worry bro, five years down the line we'll hack the shit out of the Switch and Smash modding will prevail again.

No doubt, but I don't know if it will be as easy and user friendly as it was on Wii U. Most console mods in my limited experience need CFW or ripping discs / carts to edit data. I mean holy shit, all you had to do here was put songs on an SD card and then go to a website! And Smash 4 would even use the music in engine like with Ryu's stage playing two songs with the "Pinch" version after losing a stock. My favorite song to use with this is easily Logic Chess from Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

Masked Man

I said wow
Before we start talking about new characters, I just want to make sure my faves from Smash 4 (Lucas, Bayonetta, Palutena, Cloud, Duck Hunt, Little Mac) return in the next installment.

Before we start talking about new characters, I just want to make sure my faves from Smash 4 (Lucas, Bayonetta, Palutena, Cloud, Duck Hunt, Little Mac) return in the next installment.

We're talking about Smash 4 NX here. I don't see why an enhanced port would cut characters like that.

I will not accept the Dragonborn unless he's an Argonian.

Argonian > any race.

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game unless it was as a Kajiit rogue.

My thought would be they'd split the races and genders around. So male Nord, female Orc, male Argonian, female Dunmer, and have it work like that. They all basically have the same body shape, other than tails for the animal races, but those aren't anything.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
smh you can't even post the right idol

tumblr_ms3tr6uSiD1spaqpio1_500.gif

I couldn't find your gif either, rip
I apologise, but I felt if I'm talking Cindy Gals, I must post a Cindy Gals exclusive idol, especially as that series has moved away from the 765Pro girls, but yes, Haruka will always be my #1 pick.

And just for you
since I'm sure everyone else is sick of it lol
:
tUpv3jA.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Place your bets! How many new characters are we getting? I'm guessing 4. Ice Climbers!!!!

I'm a pessimist so I'm going to expect 4-6 characters so yeah, I'm lowballing at the prediction.

However, knowing Sakurai, I would hope that he would outdone himself and surprise the audiences with 7-11 characters (not counting clones). Since Sakurai probably wouldn't work on Smash Bros project for awhile so it's going to be his last triumph before he move on to completely different project.

Well, in worst scenario, we could get swerved and didn't get any new contents. It's better to set expectation to zilch.

the ride never ends

It will end eventually tho. It will ended at either, 1) Smash Switch or 2) Smash Switch DLC. I'm not sure if we are going to see DLC this time since it's mixed feeling with Sakurai have been working on Smash Bros for so long time.

While we're at it, I'd like to see something from Mario 3D World. Maybe a stage based on World Bowser.

I have been wanting to see a stage where Bowser could coin it as home stage, and third part in Paper Mario doesn't count at all. Would we get it this time? my gut feeling is telling me that we wouldn't.

I refuse to go along for this ride. I'm not expecting much besides Ice Climbers and/or Wolf.

See you in Smash threads in few months or so.

One word: Ridley

Well, he was too big to become playable character, and he was too big to be Assist Trophy so he got cut from that.

whew, yall missed some shit in the smashgaf discord

dem leaky barrels.

Inkling will obviously join up in Smash Switch.

Wonder Red though.. ;____;

Wonder Red still have a chance despite that it might be just small chance but what keep them going is that they could have very unique moveset. However, there is a potential technical limitation so who knows.

Now that we're on hardware actually worth some shit, maybe this time we can interact with each other on the same map. That was half of the fun in Air Ride's City Trial, and it was pretty disappointing to see everyone separated in their own world in Smash Run because of the 3DS's limitations. Throw in some new enemy types to accommodate the new series introduced as well.

Cactaur with 1000 Needles in Smash Run is going to be nightmare to deal with. I'm definitely up for Smash Run HD with online feature.

I'm going to wait for next week to see if Nintendo is going to into silence treatment once again or not. Few months wait wouldn't be so bad since we could have fun with speculation, and keep ourselves busy with other things as well.

It would be great if Smash 4 Switch merges the 3DS and Wii U versions, combining modes, stages and other exclusive content.

I would love that stage roster both together, along with new stages and more returning stages, then that would be my dream stage roster but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't see few certain retro stages coming back tho.

Bring Big Blue Back!

I don't think we would see any characters being cut since it's more likely to be enchanted port. IF they actually cut some characters then I would be so sad about it. :(

(click the gif)

IT'S

I wonder if we are going to see that intro again or would they go for something new?

Kjellson

Really hope that Rowlet's final evolution will be playable in the NS version. It would fit considering we have a fire starter and a water starter from different generations.

So, quickly browsing this last page, have we at least all come around to the idea that this game isn't just going to be a straight port and will likely have new content (including characters)?

I'm a pessimist so I'm going to expect 4-6 characters so yeah, I'm lowballing at the prediction.

However, knowing Sakurai, I would hope that he would outdone himself and surprise the audiences with 7-11 characters (not counting clones). Since Sakurai probably wouldn't work on Smash Bros project for awhile so it's going to be his last triumph before he move on to completely different project.

Well, in worst scenario, we could get swerved and didn't get any new contents. It's better to set expectation to zilch.

Wonder Red still have a chance despite that it might be just small chance but what keep them going is that they could have very unique moveset. However, there is a potential technical limitation so who knows.

I would love it if we got 6 characters in the enhanced port. That would be the dream. xP

Yeah, I can see Sakurai giving his all for one last time for Smash Bros. There definitely won't be any DLC, at least I wouldn't expect it. I'm honestly curious if another ballot character would drop by? Even if it was another guest.

Naa, there's no way we don't get extra content. I'm 100% sure on that.

I'm pretty sure they can get away with a lot more this time, considering that the 3DS is no longer involved and it's not on the Wii U. I think that's what excites me more. Ice Climbers are going to make a return. :)

Also... Bring back Fountain of Dreams! D:

People are asking for new characters, why not think of what will happen if they decide to declone Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit, and making Alph a semi-clone of Olimar by reverting the latter to his Brawl incarnation as the base?

I still want both big content like stages from 3DS and Wii U combined into the Switch release tho.

and takamaru

No, keep Doc how he is and just buff his data a bit. I love Doc because he's the Mario I wanna play, not because he's some special snowflake character. Doc is a Melee rep to me.

Dark Pit tho can we fix that

You can declone Doc if you only go after Mario himself. (Tornado is more fun than FLUDD anyhow)

People are asking for new characters, why not think of what will happen if they decide to declone Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit, and making Alph a semi-clone of Olimar by reverting the latter to his Brawl incarnation as the base?

I still want both big content like stages from 3DS and Wii U combined into the Switch release tho.

and takamaru
No, keep Doc how he is and just buff his data a bit. I love Doc because he's the Mario I wanna play, not because he's some special snowflake character. Doc is a Melee rep to me.

Dark Pit tho can we fix that

I concerned about Square giving Nintendo a hard time on the remaster. The other developers I think are fine, but Square are weird ones.

Cloud was added so late into Smash 4's development, that I have to imagine talks of the remaster were part of the contract.

But I'm not really sure Final Fantasy will get any additional content, if they flesh out the DLC characters and series some more.

So if the Dovakhiim is in, would he be like a Robin who has a mix melee/magic/stealth?

Hatchet + Destruction Magic was in my brain. Shouts for his specials. Summoning Paarthurnax as a Final Smash (Martinet is already in the credits!). I'm not sure how stealth could factor in, considering they'd use the iron armored brawler design, since that's the default design and the one most people associate with the character (and future games will probably make canon if they reference Skyrim).

Solitude docks as the stage, with changing weather and dragon attacks in the background on Solitude. Alduin as an Assist Trophy.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So, quickly browsing this last page, have we at least all come around to the idea that this game isn't just going to be a straight port and will likely have new content (including characters)?

After we saw potential enhanced port Mario Kart 8 (or it might be MK9 after all) in the trailer, we felt that Smash 4 port getting new contents is more likely to happens. I just want to hear the words from them, "Yes, we are adding new stuffs to Smash NS!"

Top Bottom