• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

I was browsing my recycle bin and found this memory
FyYsYLM.jpg

Remember the "Tower of Smash" "leak"?

It was pretty funny how the "leak" was debunked in a few days, because the Great Cave Offensive was revealed and it wasn't part of the leak (the leak specifically said the Kirby stage would be Dedede's Tower)

It was a cool idea though.

It got castle siege correct before it was revealed, which is how it got some traction. But his map list was 90% Brawl stages, so odds were at least one of them was going to be revealed eventually.

I'm honestly still kinda shook that the 3DS stage select screen leak was legit because I was so sure that Sakurai wouldn't have a menu screen looking so damn drab and all over the place.
YET THERE IT IS!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The order of the stages was wrong though, it was obviously fake

how was it fake? I thought it came from ESRB leak. it was obvious that the stage selection was incomplete so they fixed it and organized it at end of the development phase.

Well some people to this day still believe those Palutena pics were real.

Yeah, even someone confessed that he did the fake. #TeamFake actually won this one.

PK Gaming

People poured their love, sweat and TEARS into making this wonderful sequel and your only response is complaining about one line?

For shame Captain Rage Quit 69

For shame

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
yxqtnd.gif

oh god

we need someone in Smash who can steal boosts like charged attacks/power ups/smash strength and discharge them as attacks, or who relies on debuffing himself for a powerful payback, or an RNG-based attack like throwing random items

especially the last one, because the tourneyfolks have this neurotic feeling towards RNG

It's a shame that did't stop some people from believing it. Hype is a terrible thing sometimes.

More like denial.

Reminds me of people thinking Incineroar isn't real the moment Mallow was revealed.

yxqtnd.gif

oh god

we need someone in Smash who can steal boosts like charged attacks/power ups/smash strength and discharge them as attacks, or who relies on debuffing himself for a powerful payback, or an RNG-based attack like throwing random items

especially the last one, because the tourneyfolks have this neurotic feeling towards RNG

Isn't that kind of Villager? He can grab charged shots and projectiles and use them, and has two moves based on RNG, his tree can grow lumber or fruit, randomly, and his turnip attack is RNG.

Or Mr Game and Watch, who can bucket projectiles and then unleash them into a super attack. And his judge is 100% RNG based.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The only RNG move Villager has is the turnip. And this isn't like Pocket. Hmm... think of something like that guy from Guilty Gear XX who is possessed by Sadako.

People actually get hype over G&W's Judgement when it hits 9, and there's the classic Luigi Misfire too (12.5% chance iirc). RNG isn't always hated among competitive players ;)

PtM

Banned
Over two years later and Smash 3DS is still being advertised.

I'm just being overly paranoid here, but with Nintendo still advertising Smash 3DS and them supposedly kinda still supporting the 3DS well into next year, I would hope that doesn't mean they'd skimp out on new content for the Switch version just because they still want people to buy the 3DS game.

I mean it's not like Nintendo is still focused on selling the 3DS version because they've said jack shit about any confirmed Switch titles beyond Zelda, let alone anything Smash.

Chill man, March is still 5 months away and we won't even know for sure if we're getting a Smash port until January at the earliest.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I mean it's not like Nintendo is still focused on selling the 3DS version because they've said jack shit about any confirmed Switch titles beyond Zelda, let alone anything Smash.

Chill man, March is still 5 months away and we won't even know for sure if we're getting a Smash port until January at the earliest.

I second this. It's okay to speculate something about Smash for Switch, at long you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

but yeah, I'm pessimist at best and expect nothing because it's not confirmed yet unless they leak something with a proof.

FSLink

Banned
Congrats!

I'm seeing a Doc on there, got any vods? Asking for a friend :3

https://www.youtube.com/user/darkmusician/videos

Not sure if there's any recent videos with him using Doc since he's primarily a Yoshi main. Dren's definitely a hidden boss. Took Larry Lurr to game 3 at EVO. Could probably be a national threat if he traveled out of state more.

damn, a Marth huh. Is he considered high tier these days?

MKLeo just won Canada Cup (148 entrants) with Marth/Cloud. He fought Ally in Grand Finals. So maybe not high tier but definitely considered very viable nowadays. Mr. E and Pugwest have been getting decent results as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/5a9rtu/congratulations_to_the_winner_of_smash_4_singles/

Gratz, I bet you busted your ass off for that.

Thanks. Yeah, not easy with work schedule. Now to get into the top 5. Been experimenting with tons of characters in the last 2 months (The PR doesn't show it but I've won sets with like 8 different characters this time around, those 3 are just my most notable) so I'm hoping my results will get better when I'm finally sticking to a secondary.

New leak again mentions Smash 4 NX

All DLC + New Content

Looks like a system for "borrowing" potential future DLC characters for tournaments might be in the works as well. Would make it much easier for tournaments if a few people only had to bring their NFC cards with the DLC loaded on it, and not require it for every console.

That's pretty awesome if true. Fingers crossed for 3DS Stages/Smash Run!

Edit: Just a warning -- a site linked in that article (Mobipicker) has apparently made up shit in addition to Laura's leaks. This would certainly put the credibility of that pvplive article into question.

Ryce

From that article...
Dale also dropped details about several upcoming titles that will be launched on the Nintendo Switch in the form of “Directors Cut” Editions. Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. and Splatoon will be among the first to be rolled out as a premium edition for the Nintendo Switch.
Where did Dale mention Smash Bros.? I don't see it on her Twitter page.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm...

If that story about a upgrade system turns out to be true, I wonder how they'll deal with those who have just the base copy of Smash U vs those who bought all the DLC.

Top Bottom