• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Anyone have tips for an extreme beginner at smash? That is Smash Wii U and Smash Gamecube.

I own both but never really played them seriously/to win really other than having fun. Heck Smash Wii U I've owned for about a year now and played a solid 2 hours max of it.

Doing a mini for fun/drunk smash tourny at my friends bar and since I'm the only one with the Wii U version we will be playing it as well.

Thanks for any help. Message here or linking to a video would be great.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yep, I have been saying that it wouldn't be launch day game for a long time. I recalled that I pointed out that it might be a part of launch window (which usually meant 6 months within console's launch). Something in me really hope that it would be November release date so it would provide the team enough time to include more new contents in the game.

Hope for the Best, but Expect for the Worst!

Zubz

Banned
If you're lucky, you won't have to unlock moves or clothes again.

We better not have to. That was obnoxious. Odds are, though, is that they not only make everyone start over again, but that the DLC costumes are thrown in to make things more obnoxious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Once you've selected Meta Knight, press B, then move the analogue stick to Wii Fighter Trainer, then press A followed Start.

It's a tricky combo, but once you get the hang of it, it'll be second nature to you.

NEO0MJ

up A a lot

Ground or air?

Once you've selected Meta Knight, press B, then move the analogue stick to Wii Fighter Trainer, then press A followed Start.

It's a tricky combo, but once you get the hang of it, it'll be second nature to you.
seems too complex for me D=

Go through this list of vods, see how players use Meta Knight in tournaments.

Look up Abadango, MK Leo, and Tyrant who all used Meta Knight at one point or another.

Thanks!

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I'm sure Bamco and Sakurai will want to do a good job on the port (assuming they're porting it too). Might not just be a quick port, they have to include playable Ridley and such this time, right?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
so it really is true

the ride never ends

even if they said it was

I'm sure Bamco and Sakurai will want to do a good job on the port (assuming they're porting it too). Might not just be a quick port, they have to include playable Ridley and such this time, right?

playable boss mode would be rad :)

I bought smash for the first time and I think I got everyone unlocked but ROB

It's cool, but I want to buy the dlc and there's 130 items in the shop

I think the all in one fighter bundle gets me the new guys and their levels/music?

There seems to be a bunch of other stuff that doesn't come with that though...

Like the bayonetta/corrin pack has some mii fighter shit that I don't care about, but I'm not missing a bigger bundle right?

EDIT: there's also an extra stage pack

Looks like character bundle and then the stage bundle will get everything except mii costumes

jnWake

Boss Battles were the best part of SSE (and the cutscenes...). I wish they brought back a mode like that with several bosses from Nintendo franchises (and the 3rd parties I guess, imagine a Bayonetta boss in Smash haha).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I bought smash for the first time and I think I got everyone unlocked but ROB

It's cool, but I want to buy the dlc and there's 130 items in the shop

I think the all in one fighter bundle gets me the new guys and their levels/music?

There seems to be a bunch of other stuff that doesn't come with that though...

Like the bayonetta/corrin pack has some mii fighter shit that I don't care about, but I'm not missing a bigger bundle right?

EDIT: there's also an extra stage pack

Looks like character bundle and then the stage bundle will get everything except mii costumes

Yup, just buy character bundle and stage bundle then you got everything important.

they have to include playable Ridley and such this time, right?

ILmto6U.gif

Is there a Smash Gaffer that goes by Tonberry? A Mac player?

I've been trying to dust off my Smash 4 skills, so I figured I'd go online and learn via trial by fire. I ran into Tonberry and after about 7 matches he realized I'd never beat him with my current skill level, so he picked Roy (my main) and taught me some stuff. What a cool guy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If you ask me, third parties should only get 1 rep per title. And no, Megaman and Sonic should not be exempted.

Sega would've already broke that role with Bayonetta tho.

Bayonetta's more a rep for Platinum than Sega specifically I'd argue. Sega published the first game, yes, but Nintendo published the second. But Mega Man and Ryu officially break that idea, anyway.

And I disagree with 1 rep per company. I'd love to have Konami dump in so many of their franchises - returning Snake, but also Castlevania, Bomberman, and many others would be awesome to have.

Sami+

Bayonetta's more a rep for Platinum than Sega specifically I'd argue. Sega published the first game, yes, but Nintendo published the second. But Mega Man and Ryu officially break that idea, anyway.

And I disagree with 1 rep per company. I'd love to have Konami dump in so many of their franchises - returning Snake, but also Castlevania, Bomberman, and many others would be awesome to have.

I get the argument but at the end of the day SEGA's the ones signing off the rights for the character since they own the IP. :O

I'm down for more third parties either way.

I thought he was talking about one rep per series and not one rep per company?

One rep from a company is bad, because Sega, Nacmo, Konami, Square and Capcom own a ton of IPs. And Mega Man, Pac Man and Sonic are basically the default characters required from those companies, so that leaves every other IP they own unable to ever be added.

Eggman, Knuckles, Akuma, Bison, Chun-Li, Bass, Protoman or Zero would all be welcome in Smash. I don't think we need to arbitrarily limit third party characters.

yeah. if five years from now, we're still building on the foundations of smash 4 with no end in sight, i really hope we're seeing like, "megaman franchise pack" or "street fighter franchise pack' as mini-expansions.

If you wanna be technical, Capcom USA owns Ryu, while Capcom of Japan owns Mega Man. "CAPCOM U.S.A., INC." and "CAPCOM CO., LTD" are listed as their own trademarks in Smash 4.

Top Bottom