• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

This has been floating around my head for awhile...

Iqd0Nhy.png

(might want to edit yours out because of homophobic slur)

Gamefreak

Neo Member
I broke the 3DS analog stick after playing smash for one day lol
People, don't play Smash competitively, it's gonna be expensive.

Blizzard

Banned
This is my biggest fear since even with the 3DS XL, the circle pad feels so small and delicate. Does anyone have any rough numbers about how much it costs to have Nintendo fix a broken one, and how long it takes?

Spinluck

He can't be a total clone if they changed Mario =P

He's a clone.

You clearly haven't used Dr. Mario before. The Doc is the best character in the series. :)

Ok.

He isn't, though; his down special is different, and we don't know yet what mechanical differences he has.

Yes he is. His template is Mario, but it's pretty the same animations and moveset being put to use.

The doc is pretty much the most justifiable clone there.

I guess? Don't really care for him, but good for his fans.

KingClown

Great OT, I really like it!

And also yo everyone! Just had my account validated and thought I might as well make my first post here in the OT of one of my most anticipated games this holiday season. Looking forward to getting along with you all!

Man, I can't wait for this game to come out, it's gonna be so good to finally be able to play Smash on the go! Right now I'll think I'll try maining Greninja, Robin, and Shulk, as they were the characters whose announcements I got most excited for, but I'll try them all out eventually of course.

Incredible.

Hey guys! Here's the link to the document if you just want to see the list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Qrcl008lknv2jyuCNVqRSJLxw/edit#gid=1405843848

If you're wanting to add your info, quote this post to get a link to a questionnaire that will automatically add your info to it. Friend lists are limited as well, so don't go in thinking you'll add everyone in SmashGAF. Keep in mind that the 3DS is super silly and doesn't alert others when you friend them, so don't be afraid to let other know you've added them.

...And added myself as well! Looking forward to Smashing with you all.

My 3DS has a loose battery or faulty power button or something and it shuts off if you press down too hard. Most games don't affect it too much, but Smash wrecks it. Already wasted like 10 tries on the demo.

random25

My 3DS has a loose battery or faulty power button or something and it shuts off if you press down too hard. Most games don't affect it too much, but Smash wrecks it. Already wasted like 10 tries on the demo.

This scares me lol. I have been taking good care of my XL since I bought it. Would be sad if one game wrecks my device.
Gives me a reason to buy a New 3DS :p

Hey guys! Here's the link to the document if you just want to see the list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Qrcl008lknv2jyuCNVqRSJLxw/edit#gid=1405843848

If you're wanting to add your info, quote this post to get a link to a questionnaire that will automatically add your info to it. Friend lists are limited as well, so don't go in thinking you'll add everyone in SmashGAF. Keep in mind that the 3DS is super silly and doesn't alert others when you friend them, so don't be afraid to let other know you've added them.

Added myself! 10 MORE HOURS :'D

This scares me lol. I have been taking good care of my XL since I bought it. Would be sad if one game wrecks my device.
Gives me a reason to buy a New 3DS :p

Apparently it's a known fault, but fixing it is expensive so I will probably end up buying a New 3DS.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS version 1.0.1 update patch information: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/axcj/update/index.html

Available starting 9/15/2014. Adds conquest mode:

img01.png
img02.png

From what I can tell, what conquest mode is -- is a random event that may occur during Online Play in the Vs. Anyone Mode. There will be a conquest battle that will occur and if you win that match you'll gain points for that character. The character with the most points gained wins. And also, if you're able to get the most points in conquest mode you'll be rewarded with gold coins.

Version number is on the bottom right:

version.png

Anth0ny

All this talk of broken circle pads terrifies me :( I love my Zelda XL... :(

I figure this circle pad should last me until the North American launch.

Then I have another 4 North American 3DS' I can go through... that should last me til Smash U launch.

Anyways, time to sleep. Last sleep before Smash! See everyone in 10 hours :)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I already know my 3DS is going to be destroyed from Smash.
I just hope it'll hold up until Wii U.

I have more than 1 3DS, but I only like to play on one because I'm OCD about logging playtimes.

IceMarker

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS version 1.0.1 update patch information: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/axcj/update/index.html

Available starting 9/15/2014. Adds conquest mode:

img01.png
img02.png

From what I can tell, what conquest mode is -- is a random event that may occur during Online Play in the Vs. Anyone Mode. There will be a conquest battle that will occur and if you win that match you'll gain points for that character. The character with the most points gained wins. And also, if you're able to get the most points in conquest mode you'll be rewarded with gold coins.

Version number is on the bottom right:

version.png

1.1 will add the DLC characters in the leak. BELIEVE

Golnei

1.1 will add the DLC characters in the leak. BELIEVE

If there are more substantial updates for the 3DS version in the works alongside the Wii U version's development, I'd love it if we could get a look at parts of them during the Treehouse stream. It'd be perfect for prolonging interest in the leadup to the international release.

JoeM86

Eesh, I'll have to be careful while playing Smash with all of you breaking your 3DS. Need this 3DS for ORAS in November.

FSLink

Banned
Damn, missed delivery since I was at work, so no capture card until tomorrow.

I'll unlock all the characters before then using the VS way, and I'll post a stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom