• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

emb

There's no way Sheik's grenade is meant to send you into special fall. It makes no sense.
I have no idea why they did that. Really weird. At least you can grab the edge just after you throw it.

But the important thing is that bouncing fish doesn't send you into special fall. And that's ridiculous/great.

I have no idea why they did that. Really weird. At least you can grab the edge just after you throw it.

But the important thing is that bouncing fish doesn't send you into special fall. And that's ridiculous/great.

I actually think they mixed up the properties of those moves and no-one noticed.

Spinluck

Played over 370 matches of 1v1 For Glory.

Went from a 86.7% win percentage to a flat 80.0% in 2 days. Started getting too confident and using characters I'm not exactly the best with. And well, some players just started kicking my ass. Whatever.

The training mode in this game sucks and there isn't really much to do here that show off the characters. Once the Wii U version hits my main count will probably double. Due to these controls, there are just some characters that feel far more comfortable and safe to use than others.

EDIT: A good Little Mac is still the scariest opponent you can face IMO. Good luck making a single mistake against those. Oh, and Ness too (damn you Shamrock!).

Falawful

GGs Hatch. Pretty intense for me, since my two most difficult matchups are good Rosas and good Little Macs, and you for sure have one of those. You'll go far in the tournament I'm sure.

Bored of losing, Spino. I'm not learning anything. You just keep destroying me and all my wins were cheap.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Dr.Hadji

Does anyone have the video of the Smash 4 tech that allows you to cancel some type of air to ground lag (I think it was from an attack) by throwing an items (say Metal Blade or a banana)?

emb

Does anyone have the video of the Smash 4 tech that allows you to cancel some type of air to ground lag (I think it was from an attack) by throwing an items (say Metal Blade or a banana)?
This maybe? Talks about throwing Young Link's bomb's to cancel arrow/zair lag.

This made me think of it too, but it seems kinda different from what we're talking about. Not sure.

I learned how to bat-drop and got over 3000 ft with Duck Hunt in Home-Run Contest. Still can't get into the super-elaborate stuff yet but it's a start.

Sorry, gotta go take a phone call, but thanks for the matches / slaughters! Falco aside, I never get to fight those characters, so that was a great learning experience.

Well first, you probably should stop rolling this much, especially when getting away. It gets easy to chase you down and punish accordingly. The vulnerability window for rolls is actually pretty small, but if someone knows what it is or is using a character that can exploit them (say, Wario Bike or Falcon Kick), then it's not gonna help you.

Also I feel like you get too aggressive. The moment you get close, or I get close, you'll throw out a move instantly. Also try to land safely instead of using a move that hits below you, especially in a game where landing lag can be massive. I wasn't doing a good job at it to be honest, but punishing is really easy when you're this aggressive.
Also it helps to mix up your gameplan. Mixing up your recovery is good, keep at that! But do that in the neutral game as well. Easier said and done, though. Try to practice your spacing instead of just rushing in or waiting. Try to move whenever you can so that it doesn't get obvious when you want to get close or baiting them to do it. This is from what I observed, but I hope it helps. Once you know what to work on you'll get better in no time.

Top Bottom