• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Sick finish

lol GGs mate, to you, your mate, and Makai. Wish I could've pulled my weight more with the FE crew, but I think my Diddy is something I should work on. :) Your arrows are annoying as shit though, lol.

Makai dude you helped clean house with those projectiles man. Wish I could play Villager or the King half as good, lol.

Makai

lol GGs mate, to you, your mate, and Makai. Wish I could've pulled my weight more with the FE crew, but I think my Diddy is something I should work on. :) Your arrows are annoying as shit though, lol.

Makai dude you helped clean house with those projectiles man. Wish I could play Villager or the King half as good, lol.
Nah, projectiles are easy when there's no friendly fire.

Blizzard

Banned
Before tonight, virtually every match against players seemed consistent with that connection, and if there was lag against a normally lag-free player, closing Twitch or Steam would fix it.

I had several games with Pancakes tonight that were laggy intermittently, though. So either one of us has some sort of crazy internet problem that we don't understand, or the routing between us is weird tonight, or Nintendo servers do have something to do with it and it's not pure PVP. I restarted both my router and modem, and checked Resource Monitor for network usage, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

It was especially annoying because we know that we've had no-lag matches against each other before, but tonight it would come and go, and there were so many times when one of us would try to predict and punish but fail, or try to dash attack and smash instead.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Before tonight, virtually every match against players seemed consistent with that connection, and if there was lag against a normally lag-free player, closing Twitch or Steam would fix it.

I had several games with Pancakes tonight that were laggy intermittently, though. So either one of us has some sort of crazy internet problem that we don't understand, or the routing between us is weird tonight, or Nintendo servers do have something to do with it and it's not pure PVP. I restarted both my router and modem, and checked Resource Monitor for network usage, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

It was especially annoying because we know that we've had no-lag matches against each other before, but tonight it would come and go, and there were so many times when one of us would try to predict and punish but fail, or try to dash attack and smash instead.

It was input lag more than actual stuttering in game which is even worse in my honest opinion. Since your Rosalina will just monster combo my slow Bowser ass unless I air dodge perfectly or shield at the right times.

Oh well, 4 weeks until smash Wii U...

Metaroo

I got to go Jr.! It was fun!

As for your characters, I had a lot of trouble with game and watch. Just learn when to come in and when to zone out your opponent, and you should see some results!

Good games :D

WarAdept

So we've had the game for a while now. Several tourney's have come and gone and the usual suspects that pop up (ZSS, Sheik, Yoshi, Rosalina and Luma) tend to do particularly well.

But is there any particular standout character that is doomed to never become a winner in serious play? Most people are pointing at Olimar (which is horrible because he was my main in Brawl) but I'm finding Luigi to be the punching bag of this game.

At least people have no idea how to fight Olimar in For Glory, which lets me get some wins. But my god, the 3 Pikmin nerf is too harsh.

Jrs3000

I got to go Jr.! It was fun!

As for your characters, I had a lot of trouble with game and watch. Just learn when to come in and when to zone out your opponent, and you should see some results!

Good games :D

GGs. Ill see what I can do with him. Hopefully I make it past first round in tourney.

Blizzard

Banned
It was input lag more than actual stuttering in game which is even worse in my honest opinion. Since your Rosalina will just monster combo my slow Bowser ass unless I air dodge perfectly or shield at the right times.

Oh well, 4 weeks until smash Wii U...
You won almost everything anyway, lag is the only solution to my predictability and lack of skills!

Also, I want some Hakan-style oil to get out of Bowser suicide grabs.

I'm up again on stream after this set.

Twitch.TV/newmetastream

Geminosity: I'll need to play against Kyzon sometime so I can kill his vibe >:3

tumblr_inline_mpizp22CU91qz4rgp.gif

Gino

Sorry about the projectiles. I know that can be annoying. That's my brother we where playing with. He annoys me by always choosing Link kicking my ass with spacing.

I figured young link would be a good team mate for him.

Cedric

Rosalina's speedy star bit is so superior to the regular move it's not even funny. Shoulda been her default, I'd enjoy playing her online much more! :p

DooD1234

So I just played a few games with Jorge with custom moves and wow, custom moves are pretty fun. I hope Nintendo patch it in to make it easier to get custom moves and the community embrace custom moves in tournaments it makes it real fun and interesting hoe some people are going to come in with certain load outs.

Cedric

So I just played a few games with Jorge with custom moves and wow, custom moves are pretty fun. I hope Nintendo patch it in to make it easier to get custom moves and the community embrace custom moves in tournaments it makes it real fun and interesting hoe some people are going to come in with certain load outs.

Yea, totally agree, it'd be great if custom moves were a default option. I don't know why Nintendo didn't put them in For Glory.

DooD1234

Yea, totally agree, it'd be great if custom moves were a default option. I don't know why Nintendo didn't put them in For Glory.
It possible Sakurai felt that some of them weren't balanced like the default moves. Like why use Mario regular side B when his custom move 3 Gust Cape does the exact same thing but has the added wind effect which make keeping other characters out better. But then again some characters default moves are terrible like Palutena.

Sorry about the projectiles. I know that can be annoying. That's my brother we where playing with. He annoys me by always choosing Link kicking my ass with spacing.

I figured young link would be a good team mate for him.

lol don't worry about it bud. It's all in good fun. I just know that from now on I'm sticking to local doubles. ;)

Kyzon

Well damn... They just let the second place winner of last week's tournament jump into the loser's bracket. Guess I'm out. -_-

That's a pivot grab. Run > turn around > grab. The grab animation will be slightly different too.

I succeed in doing a run attack with the grab button. I don't know why that's an option.

Yeah, I got an f-tilt out of it. That's weird.

I do run > grab > turn, to get pivots. the gap between grabbing and turning is often so small it's almost a simultaneous input but I get a pivot every time with that method :3

I'm up again on stream after this set.

Twitch.TV/newmetastream

Well damn... They just let the second place winner of last week's tournament jump into the loser's bracket. Guess I'm out. -_-

Awww. well, it was good seeing you rep old man ganon anyhoo. Your vibe might not have survived but you did good anyhoo :3
~hug~

Geminosity: I'll need to play against Kyzon sometime so I can kill his vibe >:3

tumblr_inline_mpizp22CU91qz4rgp.gif
;3

Oh, I had been getting forward tilts too. Such a weird fallback.

And now I've finally felt a match as laggy as anything I've ever seen. A clip show. It was nauseating.

wiibomb

Ok I don't get this seriously, I've been trying to get the side 2 custom move from Ike for about a week and NOTHING, I know RNG can be harsh, but this is ridiculous...

I'm now kinda paranoid, this custom move is not in a event panel or something stupid like that, right?... Right?

Ok I don't get this seriously, I've been trying to get the side 2 custom move from Ike for about a week and NOTHING, I know RNG can be harsh, but this is ridiculous...

I'm now kinda paranoid, this custom move is not in a event panel or something stupid like that, right?... Right?
One of Ike's specials you get from destroying 1000 blocks in trophy run. That may be what you're missing.

Top Bottom