• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

SeanR1221

Cool,

So I just turned my 3DS on this morning and booted up for a breakfast Smash.

SD CARD DATA ERROR.

Reboot.

SD CARD DATA ERROR.

Turn off system, take SD card out put it back in. Reboot

SAVE DATA ERROR. DELETE ALL SAVE DATA AND RESTART?

> No

TURN OFF SYSTEM

> Yes

Achievement unlocked: Played Smash Bros for the first time!

- - - - - -

So does anyone know how to hack or get back all my unlocks? Is it possible to download someone elses save file? I lost about 40 hours...

Damn that's scary :(

Did you have a cheap SD card?

Raw64life

Waited until I got ~620 trophies before actually checking them all out. Wow at the amount of Kid Icarus trophies. Dat bias. I think every entity of any kind to ever appear in a Kid Icarus game got a trophy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Waited until I got ~620 trophies before actually checking them all out. Wow at the amount of Kid Icarus trophies. Dat bias. I think every entity of any kind to ever appear in a Kid Icarus game got a trophy.

A lot of things like the challenge screen (with hammers) and difficulty scaler were also pulled straight from KI:U. I'm surprised we only got 2 unique characters and 1 clone from the series given how much Sakurai seems to favor it.

Just got a 3DS today and this game is so good. Amazing what they have achieved on a portable.

Instantly loving the 3DS once more thanks to this.

Online is pretty solid all things considered too.

DooD1234

Anyone here who play Samus knows a safe way to land? Her down air has landing lag and her nair I swear has the smallest hit box in the game for a nair. Samus also not exactly the fastest faller so often time my opponent catches up to me rather quickly to hit me and down b is still not that great other than wiggle in the air for a bit. Any advice?

A lot of things like the challenge screen (with hammers) and difficulty scaler were also pulled straight from KI:U. I'm surprised we only got 2 unique characters and 1 clone from the series given how much Sakurai seems to favor it.
The Challenge Screen has been in every Sakurai made game since Kirby's Air Ride. It was in Brawl as well.

I'm at 45 hours of Smash Time and I am just now seeing the Advance Wars assist trophy. Apparently that blue Devil from Brawl is still in this game. Damn the RNG sucks in this game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cruel Smash is some bullshit. I know that's the point, but jeez. These bastards are always the perfect distance away for anything you do to miss, but close enough for their equivalent of a fully charged Smash on 2.0 damage ready to smack you as soon as you whiff.

Kirby, Down+B, try to bunch them all up near the middle platform. Got seven kills in my 20th attempt or so.

Cedric

He is, and thanks! Not that impossible it seems though! Hah hah.

To be honest the only reason I'm semi-able to keep up is because of the side-b custom move (speedy shooting star). It really helps out during our projectile wars with the range, and kinda forces you to come nearer (though the thing where you throw the metal blade mid-air kinda changed the game haha). If I didn't have that, I'd be force to approach you by jumping and probably be consistently punished, even though that happened a lot anyways haha!

Great games Anonymous Tipster, thanks for the practice! Your Megaman is brutal, you're the best one I've seen!

To be honest the only reason I'm semi-able to keep up is because of the side-b custom move (speedy shooting star). It really helps out during our projectile wars with the range, and kinda forces you to come nearer (though the thing where you throw the metal blade mid-air kinda changed the game haha). If I didn't have that, I'd be force to approach you by jumping and probably be consistently punished, even though that happened a lot anyways haha!

Great games Anonymous Tipster, thanks for the practice! Your Megaman is brutal, you're the best one I've seen!

Thanks, I really appreciate that! It was tough for me to have to come to someone else for a change, hah hah! I haven't seen a lot of custom moves, so it was neat to have to find a way around it!

Still though, even with it, you were playing really solidly and adapting to what I was doing. Not to mention you were unchasable off the edge! Great games all around!

Dimmle

Just played a damn good Wario player. Bashed my Mega Man up against him several times to no effect.

Where ever you are, man: good games.

That dodge cancel tech is so good for Bowser. It completely destroys characters I used to struggle with, like Ness.

92% win rate for my last 50 For Glory fights!

georly

I wish my internet didn't suck so bad :( I get constant lag spikes when playing with friends or anyone :/ Every 3-4 seconds is a spike, and it's the worst. I'm hoping wired wii u will solve this, but i'm very doubtful :/

I have Comcast, and I don't want to pay them more for 'better' internet. I could switch to verizon I guess, but that's a pain in the ass. They don't even support IPv6 for fios yet, but I don't know if that would have an impact on smash or not.

Is there any good, verifiable source that there is any difference between Pit and Dark Pit's normal attacks? Because I've been seeing lists of things supposedly different between the two and everything I've actually physically tested has turned out to be false. I just cleaned up the Smash Wiki's info on stuff I tested myself. Near as I can tell all of the differences between their normals are imagined, because every one I've seen people say are different have actually been identical.

NewGame

Banned
***** that's scary :(

Did you have a cheap SD card?

844761.jpg

Top Bottom