• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

wtf why is a half charged shield breaker from marth able to break a fucking shield? has that happened before in past smash games? i swear some guy im playing holds b for literally a split second and breaks my shield 3 times!

SoldnerKei

wtf why is a half charged shield breaker from marth able to break a fucking shield? has that happened before in past smash games? i swear some guy im playing holds b for literally a split second and breaks my shield 3 times!

Marth got his neutral B buffed, one PotD stated that way before the game was out

I always bait grabs because of this, they usually leave their shield up after a whiffed grab, reversal neutral B and presto

Ricky 7

Sakurai specifically stated that he increased the sheild breaking properties of the move in this game. I think Marth's instantly breaks your shield without charging if it hits with the tip, not 100% sure about that though.

Azure J

Shields are brittle/fast to break + Marth always halved shields with any variant of Shield Breaker in Melee/Brawl unless it was a full charge which is a guaranteed shield break = Don't Hold Shield.

I nabbed a few completely silly KOs on a Jigglypuff player a while back just stabbing tips into the air. :lol

Falawful

Spin when you're done/if you want to play some more, I could always use more practice against Wario and Sonic.

If not, I'll go a few rounds with someone else.

EDIT: Let me know if you want me to use any characters too.

Spin when you're done/if you want to play some more, I could always use more practice against Wario and Sonic.

We're playing FFA right now. One of us dropped out so join us if you want.

When people said All-Star on Hard was easy they were not joking. When Kirby is doing 50% damage with stone and it usually KOs after 2 of those it wasn't a huge amount of trouble, I didn't even have to use the second heart (and may have been able to get away without the other healing items).

Taking the 3DS to the park and the beach was the greatest idea ever.

Now I don't have to waste hammers on those Streetsmash ones.
You can do all but the get x hits ones via the practice menu.

whats the best way to deal with 9.0 intensity in classic?
Custom equipment and a fighter you're good with really (defence is nice if it doesn't leave you too slow). Master Core will take some practice to work out how to dodge its attacks.

Speaking of classic.
Apparently there is a glitch where you can do something like select as Mii fighter, turn customisations off and the customisations won't be active during Classic mode but will turn back on for the master hand fight.
Works for all characters it seems.

DaBoss

Speaking of classic.
Apparently there is a glitch where you can do something like select as Mii fighter, turn customisations off and the customisations won't be active during Classic mode but will turn back on for the master hand fight.
Works for all characters it seems.
Yea, posted that a few days ago here as well. It's pretty weird.
So I found an interesting glitch in Classic regarding using customized characters in Classic.

If you select a custom set for a character, then turn off customization, you won't be able to use custom equipment/movesets in Classic, which makes sense except for the last event. If you get to Master Hand/Crazy Hand, you'll see that you have your customization.

So you can go through Classic without customization until you face Master Hand (or whoever you face in whatever difficulty you chose) if you do this.
I'm out da boss.

GGs.
GGs.

Tansut

Am I trash at this game or is All-Star on Hard with Olimar ridiculously hard? I can barely get to the fourth stage. He dies so easily and I can't kill anything for shit.

If you're free for some 1v1, I'm down for a bit.

If not, anyone let me know if they want to go a few rounds.

Top Bottom