• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Yeeesh, this is getting rough. Love it, though! This is my first time fighting a good Sonic. This next one will be last match, I unfortunately gotta run.

FluxWaveZ

I just have no idea how to read his spin dash, but I think I'm figuring it out a little.

I feel good in any match-up that lets me use those freely. Greninja's tricky as I feel a bit more restricted in that area, but it's still something I'm getting accustomed to using properly myself.

And that's cool, let's make this a good one.

I feel good in any match-up that lets me use those freely. Greninja's tricky as I feel a bit more restricted in that area, but it's still something I'm getting accustomed to using properly myself.

And that's cool, let's make this a good one.
Dat circle pad Up-B misread. -_-

Still, great matches! We should definitely play again sometime. I'll bring more of a challenge for you next time.

FluxWaveZ

Dat circle pad Up-B misread. -_-

Still, great matches! We should definitely play again sometime. I'll bring more of a challenge for you next time.

Haha, yeah. Heard that was a common problem some people were having playing as Greninja. GGs.

I'm still up for matches if anyone wants to play.

DaBoss

I'm doing so many input errors, that it is scary lol. The past 10 or so For Glory matches had me lose a stock specifically due to an error with the circle pad.

The strangest one is I did a shadow sneak instead of hydro pump when I was below FD.

DaBoss

Happens to me like 80% of the time. You really have to initiate the hydro-pump with UP-B not Up-Right or Up-Left B.
But that's the thing, there is no reason I would even have the circle pad like that. It felt like I had it up, and that is the only direction I needed to go, so I was confused as hell.

Tan

But that's the thing, there is no reason I would even have the circle pad like that. It felt like I had it up, and that is the only direction I needed to go, so I was confused as hell.

Oh right. Sorry I misread. Greninja gonna greninja, I guess.

DaBoss

Oh right. Sorry I misread. Greninja gonna greninja, I guess.
No need to apologize, I wasn't clear about where exactly I was when needing to recover.
Yay, my midterms are finally over so it's time to get back to learning how not to suck.

Anyone? 1032-1686-2546 :)
Yea, it feels great to be done as well.

I would play, but my sister is watching a video, so it would just lag.

Mumei

Karsticles, I've been trying to short-hop more and now I've gone from ~50% win-rate to ~25% win-rate over the last fifty games.

I don't think this is working yet. >_>

Zyrox

GGs, your Metaknight is surprisingly good despite how bad the character is. :p

Sudden disconnect at the end, dunno what happened. But yea, GGs. I have no idea at all how to deal with Link. Always felt like a struggle lol. Also, those arrows are completely nasty.

I love how they've buffed Sonic this time around. He's extremely difficult for even other fast characters to deal with and his moveset makes it really difficult to predict what someone will do with him. I just started using him after practicing a lot with Little Mac and Captain Falcon and I immediately had better results. Really surprising since I found him almost useless in brawl. I love when I'm playing against a greninja/link/toon link player that just spams their down-air because it feels so satisfying to up-b above them and use my own down air above them before they even get back to the ground.

Azuran

Banned
GGs. Pit's arrows can be difficult to circumvent when used properly.

Got DC right at the victory screen lol.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the matches. I didn't play Pit in Brawl so everything about him is pretty new to me so far. I manage to take a few stocks in some matches and kept some of them close, so I'm happy with the little bit of progress I'm making with him lol. A month a ago I couldn't even deal 50% damage before losing :p

Voliko

I love how they've buffed Sonic this time around. He's extremely difficult for even other fast characters to deal with and his moveset makes it really difficult to predict what someone will do with him. I just started using him after practicing a lot with Little Mac and Captain Falcon and I immediately had better results. Really surprising since I found him almost useless in brawl. I love when I'm playing against a greninja/link/toon link player that just spams their down-air because it feels so satisfying to up-b above them and use my own down air above them before they even get back to the ground.
I hate fighting him! No idea what he is going to do and he can rack up some mad damage at low percent using the spin move + an aerial.

FluxWaveZ

Got DC right at the victory screen lol.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the matches. I didn't play Pit in Brawl so everything about him is pretty new to me so far. I manage to take a few stocks in some matches and kept some of them close, so I'm happy with the little bit of progress I'm making with him lol. A month a ago I couldn't even deal 50% damage before losing :p

Ah, so that's what happened.

I played Sonic in Brawl, so some things carried over, but I never really played Smash that much so it was almost like I had to learn from scratch. I've improved a lot since I first started playing as well, though.

I hate fighting him! No idea what he is going to do and he can rack up some mad damage at low percent using the spin move + an aerial.

Yeah, but Sonic doesn't really have many kill moves, which kind of balances out how quickly he can rack up the damage.

Falawful

I'd wait for the Wii U version to do that. Lag on 3DS version team battles is just awful.

Some of us had a series of 2v2 matches today that held up much better than I expected they would. Probably a fluke though, and yeah I agree that this would be better suited for the U version.

Top Bottom