• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Omzz

btw i dont know if anyone has come across this, but i just discovered the funniest thing with yoshi's custom moves

if you put on the high jump (up special 2) you can make yoshi blast off the screen. ive used it in smash run to easily get to places. i laughed quite a bit at first.

right after the down b yoshi bomb (you have to do this in the air though) if you do his up special he takes off. try it

Nabster92

Plus as Rosalina you can short hop air dodge and dodge cancel with a nair into someone and then grab to get a luma nair attack to come out and a grab at the same time if they shield it. And if luma hits and you input the grab fast enough you can even grab them before they fly anywhere

I'm trying this out with Rosalina; it sounds glorious. I'm just not sure what it means exactly to dodge cancel. Is that when you direct your air dodge into the ground to cancel the landing animation?

Sorry for the late reply. Basically normally you have a lot of landing lag after doing an air dodge, but if you do an aerial attack right before you land, it auto cancels with the amount of lag of the aerial. Kinda how in Brawl, if you did an up B with Marth to the ledge, the next time you land you had ridiculous landing lag unless you cancel it with a f-air or something as you land to cancel it out.

So with Rosalina, if you input your n-air right before you land, the luma n-air attack comes out and you land without any landing lag and can grab or do another attack immediately. So try to time your air dodge so that you reappear just before landing with enough time to input your n-air and then immediately grab when you land.

Here's a video on dodge canceling in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDkNkNPWYY

maaaan I hate it when good people just randomly lose their connection. Was doing Ganny mirror matches on For Glory with this guy who was better than me and it was so fantastic, but then he just lost his connection. It was a glorious battle on Gaur Plains with You Will Know Our Names blaring in the background too. More people need to play the honorable and manly Ganondorf.

Falawful

btw i dont know if anyone has come across this, but i just discovered the funniest thing with yoshi's custom moves

if you put on the high jump (up special 2) you can make yoshi blast off the screen. ive used it in smash run to easily get to places. i laughed quite a bit at first.

right after the down b yoshi bomb (you have to do this in the air though) if you do his up special he takes off. try it
Man, this is the same character that can instantly teleport back to the ledge after jumping onstage while buffering egg throws. I love glitches like these.

Rayis

Has anybody encountered a good Jigglypuff on For Glory? I've yet to encounter another Jigglypuff player there, but I'm not good so I can't add myself in the good Jigglypuff list

random25

Has anybody encountered a good Jigglypuff on For Glory? I've yet to encounter another Jigglypuff player there, but I'm not good so I can't add myself in the good Jigglypuff list

I encountered lots, especially Japanese players. They are really good with Jiggly's aerials and timing those rests.

Neki

Good games! Not really sure what to do against you heh. I found it really difficult to approach you once you started your projectile game lol.

Staying in the air and attacking from there is usually a good approach, there's no way you can match up to my projectile game on the ground. But yeah, the power bow is pretty strong, it usually can ko from 70%+. My favourite is the game of chicken we had that ended up with your shield breaking, haha. :p Your soccer ball spacing was good, but once I realized I could deflect it with aerials and projectiles, it became manageable. I certainly hate the blue salute the sun, it reminds me of the metal blade from Megaman, shield pressure that is followed up by a quick grab or attack. Your rolling is also predictable (so is mine), so I think approaching by short-hopping or behind a projectile would probably be safer pressure. GGs!

PMS341

maaaan I hate it when good people just randomly lose their connection. Was doing Ganny mirror matches on For Glory with this guy who was better than me and it was so fantastic, but then he just lost his connection. It was a glorious battle on Gaur Plains with You Will Know Our Names blaring in the background too. More people need to play the honorable and manly Ganondorf.

I start every single set of matches off with Dorf, specifically old man Dorf. You can tell a lot about a player by the way they handle the fight with him.

And always side taunt.

Falawful

Well, I'm playing like ass all of a sudden. GGs anyway Nabster, maybe I just need to walk away for a bit if all those SDs are any indication.

Fiktion

Banned
I can't get any games going in For Glory right now. I try and we just get stuck on the loading practice screen until one of us leaves. Anyone else having this problem?

Cody_D165

Banned
I'm seriously considering picking up Luigi as a secondary

He's so silly and fun, and he has that Up B for hard punishes. Not to mention the taunt spike which is godly in this game and perfect for punishing the second ledge grab.

Cody_D165

Banned
I would like to take this time to give a hearty "Fuck you" to all the Captain Falcon players out there. Goodnight.

1389473_462184590590738_628376138_a.jpg

Yeah I'm super salty. Just got thru the ass h'whipping of a life time. It was like.. there was nothing i could do against this cat. I'm a bowser player so with fast chars I'm used to going defensive. NOPE. C . falcon way too fast for that. His approach options are so good. His air game is ridic, and it's not like his ground game is a slouch either. Recovery on a lot of moves are super fast AND he has a meteor smash. Whenever I'd manage to recover back onto the stage he was on my tail before I could even do anything.
Yeah I'm salty. I'm mad. Fuck Falcon.

He's one of my mains :p. I love his dirty old man laugh HUEHUEHUEEEEEE

Falawful

Yeah I'm super salty. Just got thru the ass h'whipping of a life time. It was like.. there was nothing i could do against this cat. I'm a bowser player so with fast chars I'm used to going defensive. NOPE. C . falcon way too fast for that. His approach options are so good. His air game is ridic, and it's not like his ground game is a slouch either. Recovery on a lot of moves are super fast AND he has a meteor smash. Whenever I'd manage to recover back onto the stage he was on my tail before I could even do anything.
Yeah I'm salty. I'm mad. Fuck Falcon.

Learn a character with good offstage options, like Charizard, Rosalina or Jiggs. Falcon is pretty gimpable if the person playing him doesn't try to mix up their recovery. As a Falcon main myself, I can say that Bowser is probably one of the easier matchups for me.

DooD1234

Romance, you are pretty good with DK. Normally I be comboing DK to death so you should feel proud.

And so sorry about hitting you during a taunt, habit of mines for free hit

Hatchtag

Banned
Characters I always forget are in this game:
Luigi
Diddy
Ike
Falco
Lucario
I almost never, ever see any of these characters outside of the single player.

DooD1234

Okay, GG Romance. You play a great bruiser with bowser and DK. Diddy could still use some work but practice makes perfect. And I'm sorry for hitting you during your taunts. I have a habit of trying to aggressively trying to get a free hit in even though you were just trying to comment.

RomanceDawn

Okay, GG Romance. You play a great bruiser with bowser and DK. Diddy could still use some work but practice makes perfect. And I'm sorry for hitting you during your taunts. I have a habit of trying to aggressively trying to get a free hit in even though you were just trying to comment.

Hahaha, hit me all you want. The fact is I am taunting, if I get hit its my own fault. I just love taunting not to make people mad but I love those animations. Though "go back to Melee" is a bit mean I certainly don't really mean anything by it.

DooD1234

Hahaha, hit me all you want. The fact is I am taunting, if I get hit its my own fault. I just love taunting not to make people mad but I love those animations. Though "go back to Melee" is a bit mean I certainly don't really mean anything by it.
Oh no, the taunts and comment don't bother me, I just really want to get that free hit in lol.

Top Bottom