• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Nabster92

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9j1aD3AoGo

Jank.... double jank.... TRIPLE JANK!

I believe that's the term these kids are using now.

M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER JANK JANK jank.

In other news, I just realized you can just make a new NNID and have a fresh set of 100 friends to add people. Made one just for Anther's ladder so I can have people added to that one and delete people without having to worry about space for actual friends and you guys.

Oidisco

The windbox on Phantom can really mess up some characters recovery. I just hit Little Mac in the middle of his up-b when he was right beside the stage, and it very gently pushed him away and killed him. Does the same to Ike

Also the middle charge of Phantom can semi-spike with a pretty decent amount of hitstun so that it's super hard to recover for some characters. I landed it yeasterday on Sonic and thought I was imagining things, but some Zelda players on Smashboards said the same thing happened to them.

Man, just played the most annoying Shulk over at Anthers. Every time he got to KO percentage he would go to shield, when shield runs out monado to jump, jump around the top of the stage back and forth until he could go shield again. Made game 3's dominating victory all the sweeter. Must have taunted him 20 times during that match, heh

Oidisco

Is it that good? Haven't played a Zelda yet

It no longer has a blind spot and the windbox guarantees a hit if you're even kindaclose to the phantom. This makes it an extremely powerfuly edgeguarding tool.
The windbox and weird spike can gimp, fully-charged can kill at like 50% and it's really good for stage-spiking if you jump off and face inwards/b-reverse it.

It could still be a little better in some ways, but right now it's a really good move

Oidisco

Yea, not having any horizontal control with Zelda's up-b is really annoying

That one was rough. I have no idea why her up-b sometimes bounces her up off the ledge like that

Yea, not having any horizontal control with Zelda's up-b is really annoying

That one was rough. I have no idea why her up-b sometimes bounces her up off the ledge like that

I personally just wish it didn't maintain momentum while you were teleporting. It throws my aim off sometimes :p

Oidisco

Is t hard to control? So many SD's

That game was pretty laggy. Think it might've been because of the stage so I won't pick it again.

And yea Farore's Wind is kinda weird. It bounces off the floor and walls so sometimes it make you sd

that was really laggy aswell. Hopefully it gets better.

That game was pretty laggy. Think it might've been because of the stage so I won't pick it again.

And yea Farore's Wind is kinda weird. It bounces off the floor and walls so sometimes it make you sd

that was really laggy aswell. Hopefully it gets better.

It doesn't really bounce, it more like continues. Just switch to Farore's Squall in training and you can fully understand how teleport works. It's pretty much a visually represented version that also travels a bit farther.

Is it that good? Haven't played a Zelda yet

Phantom is now god tier. I literally caught a jigglypuff rollout with phantom and scooped them back offstage while they're still in rollout.

It's such a nasty move now it's great.

Oidisco

It doesn't really bounce, it more like continues. Just switch to Farore's Squall in training and you can fully understand how teleport works. It's pretty much a visually represented version that also travels a bit farther.

Phantom is now god tier. I literally caught a jigglypuff rollout with phantom and scooped them back offstage while they're still in rollout.

It's such a nasty move now it's great.

I've literally had it bounce a few time though. Like I aim for the ledge and I see Zelda appear way above it for some reason even though I visually see Zelda hit the ledge at 1st

It's just sd's everywhere with me today!

Oidisco

Yea, the lag is very stage specific I guess

That lag was horrible aswell! One more game an if it stays like that I think I'll call it a night

Oidisco

That one had some lag spikes but it wasn't too bad. Anyways this'll be my last game.

Let's see if my ZSS is good or bad tonight!

Oidisco

Those were really good games dude! Lag was annoying, but otherwise it was a tonne of fun. I guess this was one of ZSS's better days, though she's still very inconsistent.

Your Ryu was by far the best I've played. I love how close almost all of our games were!

Kevinroc

I just took 5th place in GameXplain's impromptu tourney. Even got to play a few rounds with Ash himself. (I even won one of those matches with my Ryu!)

It was fun.

Those were really good games dude! Lag was annoying, but otherwise it was a tonne of fun. I guess this was one of ZSS's better days, though she's still very inconsistent.

Your Ryu was by far the best I've played. I love how close almost all of our games were!

Thank you! I'm still trying to understand Ryu's neutral game. I understand how to confirm into true shoryu but getting that confirm on characters with more range is tough. You gave me a helluva a lot of Zelda matchup exp so kudos to you!

Oidisco

Thank you! I'm still trying to understand Ryu's neutral game. I understand how to confirm into true shoryu but getting that confirm on characters with more range is tough. You gave me a helluva a lot of Zelda matchup exp so kudos to you!

Yea I'm still trying to figure some things out with Zelda since the recent patch really messed with my normal playstyle. The buff to d-tilt and jab killed a lot of my setups because of the higher knockback, so I've been experimenting with some different things. I know d-tilt to up-air works now, but that feels really awkward so I haven't really tried it outside of training mode.
Overall the buffs are very good for Zelda, but it just making things a bit harder for me right now. I'll figure out new setups eventually.

And yea Ryu is a character that I really need good experience against. I'm mostly used to For Glory Ryu's, and pretty much all of them are terrible. I know that in the right hands he can be an extremely powerful character, and you showed me why!

Boney

Banned
I just took 5th place in GameXplain's impromptu tourney. Even got to play a few rounds with Ash himself. (I even won one of those matches with my Ryu!)

It was fun.
Congratulations who did you use other than Ryu? And who did you lose against?

Kevinroc

Congratulations who did you use other than Ryu? And who did you lose against?

Mostly Ryu, Shulk, and Roy. I may have used another fighter here and there, but I mostly stuck with those three.

I lost against Mega Man, Toon Link, Dark Pit, and a few others (but those three are the ones that stick out the most in my mind right now).

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Hey SmashGAF,

First time posting here, I was wondering about the quality of Smash Wii U's online play. Does it have input delay at all? I've been watching various For Glory matches on YouTube and it looks extremely responsive, but it's hard to tell without actually playing the game or talking to someone who has played it...I only think I tried Brawl online once or twice but I remember it being pretty horrific overall, has it improved?

Nabster92

Hey SmashGAF,

First time posting here, I was wondering about the quality of Smash Wii U's online play. Does it have input delay at all? I've been watching various For Glory matches on YouTube and it looks extremely responsive, but it's hard to tell without actually playing the game or talking to someone who has played it...I only think I tried Brawl online once or twice but I remember it being pretty horrific overall, has it improved?

It's definitely improved over Brawl significantly, but it's still highly recommended that you get a LAN adapter to play with a wired connection as well. You may still get some hiccups with certain other people that probably aren't using LAN adapters themselves, but for the most part online play is pretty smooth.

Hey SmashGAF,

The netcode is very good here, but it is delay-based.

Immobile

Neo Member
Happy Birthday, Sakurai!!
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/628066942465609728
CLdXi8NVEAA6yPQ.jpg

Robiin

Hey SmashGAF,

Just echoing what others are saying, but most people that are still playing online have pretty good connections. You may get a few bad matches every once in awhile and get unlucky facing people on the other side of the world, but it's easy to switch opponents. And of course, most here on GAF are using LAN adapters, making the lag even less likely.

There is always a few milliseconds of input lag though, even when connection is perfect. I've heard 5 frames-ish due to online. But that rarely matters and is easy to get used to.

No one knows what to do about my internet connection. The apartment is switching providers in the fall, which would be anywhere from 3 weeks to who knows, maybe 2 months before I can properly play this game again.

Top Bottom