• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
I'm sorry I have a life (and a backlog) outside of Smash. :p

It just so happened that I picked up DnD with a local group. Soon my ascension to nerd heaven will be complete.
You can't put life and dnd in the same sentence

I know nothing about dnd other than show parodies

Bed time for me flappy, maybe next time!

I just took 5th place in GameXplain's impromptu tourney. Even got to play a few rounds with Ash himself. (I even won one of those matches with my Ryu!)

It was fun.

Thanks for participating! You honestly are the best Ryu I've ever played by far - I was shocked by how much I really had to bring my A-game against you (in my experience, Ryu players often kind of suck and the matchup is in Mega Man's favor to boot)! Keep it up!

Boney

Banned
Anybody around to play?

Also, peeked into the speculation thread and someone posted that at the treehouse they named dropped GAF about reading up on feedback and stuff. Wonder if they take any of the competitive stuff we talk about or just stick the speculation

Oidisco

Zeldas Phantom is really weird now. It can trip, semi-spike, the windbox can gimp recoveries and make it impossible for Ike to recover with up-b if spaced and timed correctly.

I love it!

SoldnerKei

No buffs at all this last patch really killed the spirit of all Samus mains everywhere

Maybe Samurai forgot that she is playable, hence why she got rep throu a Mii custom :'D

Hopefully she gets proper changes in the next patch, that is what I like from this game, is being toned up, I'd like to think that someday currenly bad characters will be around A- levels, wishful thinking *sniff*

Puruzi has got a better link than yours so you need to put some work

Wink

No worries, my beautiful dark elf swordiedude has new tricks~ Wink Wink

Also didn't even play with him last time, something I regret, Samus is one of those MU that feels fair for both players, it's quite fun.

Boney

Banned
Good games flux! That Shiek roll is too much, can't even hard read punish it

Keep at it, when you're intentionally being calm it's super hard to play you.

Also one more for my hate list, god damn homing attack giving you so much air stalling

Maybe Samurai forgot that she is playable, hence why she got rep throu a Mii custom :'D

Hopefully she gets proper changes in the next patch, that is what I like from this game, is being toned up, I'd like to think that someday currenly bad characters will be around A- levels, wishful thinking *sniff*

Also didn't even play with him last time, something I regret, Samus is one of those MU that feels fair for both players, it's quite fun.
Yeah it's pretty even, I'd give Link a every slight advantage but nothing much.

Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off!

That's Samus in her high tier suit, Snake.
Har had har

Yup he has great compilation videos, love his wall jump to charge beam setups

Nabster92

Looks like we got the Dabuz/DKWill team in our pool for Super Smash Con doubles Cyberman
Zu6tEfY.png

And this is what I have in singles:
xpuTTsN.png

Doesn't seem like anyone huge at least there, so I think I shouldn't have TOO much trouble getting through wave 1.

Cyberman gets to potentially play the legendary Azen in his pool. Not sure how hard that would actually be though in this game.

FluxWaveZ

Also one more for my hate list, god damn homing attack giving you so much air stalling

Ha, but it screwed me over that one time I thought I was close enough to you for it to home, but it instead shot me towards the ground right when you unleashed Samus' charge shot.

Robiin

I have so much shit to do and all I want to do is Smash! It'll be at least a week before everything is in order at home....

Looks like we got the Dabuz/DKWill team in our pool for Super Smash Con doubles Cyberman

Doesn't seem like anyone huge at least there, so I think I shouldn't have TOO much trouble getting through wave 1.

Cyberman gets to potentially play the legendary Azen in his pool. Not sure how hard that would actually be though in this game.
Doubles is going to be tough, but I feel like we can get top 4 in that pool to get out. I feel like I can get 1st seed in my pool, but I'm wondering if Azen uses Lucario in this game since I can't find videos of him.

Oidisco

Doubles is going to be tough, but I feel like we can get top 4 in that pool to get out. I feel like I can get 1st seed in my pool, but I'm wondering if Azen uses Lucario in this game since I can't find videos of him.

He does use Lucario. I saw him playing an Olimar at CEO

I wish I could say the same for Toon Link. I absolutely hate fighting Samus as Toon Link. My dinky sword's range is just...arghhhh. :(

Boney

Banned
I wish I could say the same for Toon Link. I absolutely hate fighting Samus as Toon Link. My dinky sword's range is just...arghhhh. :(
It's a pretty favorable match up for Tink in my opinion, his mobility and projectiles allow him to run around in circles against Samus. I've fought some good Tink that leave me completely helpless.

You do gotta have good use of bombs for approaches. Always on hand and following up for combos

Zeldas Phantom is really weird now. It can trip, semi-spike, the windbox can gimp recoveries and make it impossible for Ike to recover with up-b if spaced and timed correctly.

I love it!

Mr. Scoop as I like to call my phantom now, puts in so much work it's great.

Zelda finally has a decent spacing option.

She's probably out of lowest tier now lol

Thulius

Did Lucas's Nair get buffed or are you just being a scumbag and pressing buttons after I block it because you know I'll miss my punish online? :p

It's a pretty favorable match up for Tink in my opinion, his mobility and projectiles allow him to run around in circles against Samus. I've fought some good Tink that leave me completely helpless.

You do gotta have good use of bombs for approaches. Always on hand and following up for combos

I'll have to practice that, then. Projectile wise it definitely isn't a problem. What I find is when I need to go in for the kill is when things become ridiculous. I faced a Samus on For Glory a few days ago that drove me nuts. I just couldn't close out the match.

Top Bottom