• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

That was exactly as planned.

GGs everyone, i'm tired of shenanigans and tired of playing in a warm room without AC. Fancy 75 cent K. Rool Mii you got there Shamrock, hope it was worth every penny.

I showed you guys who can't play Fox in lag and it sure wasn't me. :T

Fancy 75 cent K. Salt Mii you got there Shamrock, hope it was worth every penny.

SpMUNmR.jpg

Man, I've got to stop underestimating Ike and Bowser. They're both great matchups for Mega Man and I usually beat them without much trouble, but they've been surprising me lately... I got kicked around by an amazing Ike online yesterday and a great Bowser main at a party I went to tonight gave me a lot of trouble. Bowser players who have figured out that his super armor doesn't give a damn about Mega Man's regular buster shots/pellets really trip me up...

I haven't played Karst's Bowser yet either, but I feel like he would kick my ass. :p

Oidisco

What does that mean

The tip of Marth's sword is very strong and does extra damage and knockback, but the middle/hilt of the sword is weaker.

Lucina's sword is balanced throughout no it does the same damage so matter what part of the sword you hit with. The damage is stronger than Marth's non-tipper, but weaker than the tip of his sword. There might be a few moves where it does matter with Lucina, but I don't use her at all anymore so I'm not sure.

Overall Marth is the better character. The lower knockback of his weak hits can make it a little easier to follow-up attacks, and some of his tipper-attacks are some of the strongest in the game. Tipper f-smash, up-smash and shieldbreaker are all really powerful.

Boney

Banned
Although I do think Lucina's smash attacks are better, well except down smash cause that one is garbage. Tipper fsmash is ridiculous but it's hard to land due to the precise spacing required, while Lucina's doesn't have to deal with that and can still ko you at 70% by the edge, it's extremely powerful and it's one of the best smashes in the game in my opinion. Up smash is similar because you can scoop up with it and have great knockback.

Marth tippers allow him to ko easily with a lot other moves though, ftilt, uncharged shield break, dancing blade and all of his aerials. And that's the biggest problem holding Lucy back, where moves that should kill don't.

Well funny enough, Lucina does have a sweetspot with her down smash when she swings to the other side, but yeah...Oidisco and Boney pretty much said everything. That, and apparently Lucina is pretty unsafe whenever she attacks shields.

But yeah, it's your preference. Lucina was designed to be a beginner character to Marth.

Even now, I can't really ever see myself moving on to Marth though. :x Not only do I prefer Lucina design wise, but I never cared about Marth in Melee or Brawl so it would feel strange to do so now...

Even now, I can't really ever see myself moving on to Marth though. :x Not only do I prefer Lucina design wise, but I never cared about Marth in Melee or Brawl so it would feel strange to do so now...
Same. It's even worse now though as Marth just got 2 to 5 frames of endlag shaved off a cluster of his moves but Lucina didn't receive the same changes leaving her not only less safe on shield as before but also just slower to recover in general now :s

Boney

Banned
Anybody wanna play?
Same. It's even worse now though as Marth just got 2 to 5 frames of endlag shaved off a cluster of his moves but Lucina didn't receive the same changes leaving her not only less safe on shield as before but also just slower to recover in general now :s
Are you sure Lucina didn't get those buffs?
Haven't read so anywhere else

Boney

Banned
But I thought landing lag wasn't supposed to show on the notes

Yeah I am give me 3 minutes
I'm ready, you want me to host?

Ok... so, uh... I realised that while I'd checked Lucy's changes I'd just taken people's word on the Marth changes. Had a quick peek and I don't see any of the frame changes on his normals that everywhere seems to be reporting o_O What on fubble is going on?

Boney

Banned
We don't tech those

Yeah, that'd be good. I'll be there in a sec.
Ok I'm up, you want customs?

Ok... so, uh... I realised that while I'd checked Lucy's changes I'd just taken people's word on the Marth changes. Had a quick peek and I don't see any of the frame changes on his normals that everywhere seems to be reporting o_O What on fubble is going on?
From my understanding, landing lag differences won't show in Dantarion's program. So it can only be measured by frame counting.

I've read everywhere Marth got the buffs and I have no reason to believe Lucina didn't get then either

From my understanding, landing lag differences won't show in Dantarion's program. So it can only be measured by frame counting.

I've read everywhere Marth got the buffs and I have no reason to believe Lucina didn't get then either

Ah, interesting. I thought it was a straight up difference file similar to what you get in versioning software like Perforce, I didn't realise it had those kinds of limitations :3
Did some digging about the boards and the lucy community seem to think she got the frames shaved off too.
Whelp, I'm very glad to be wrong XD

Boney

Banned
I think we dc'ed try rejoining me

I have no idea what to do in the neutral with robin. She desperately needs less end lag on arc fire. Buff the down time to 15 seconds if necessary, But Jesus

Boney

Banned
Robin's neutral attack feels a lot more powerful than it did before. Was that one of the buffs?
Rapid jab? I think it's because of the crazy rage I've gotten

Off the top of my head:
New down throw
Elhunder got 1% buff and less cool down
Arcthunder got less cool down
Up smash hitboxes got a little buff

Boney

Banned
Yeah, that. Hm, maybe. That and Sheik is a lightweight or something.

The down throw into Robin's rapid jab is particularly strong, I feel. The character got some nice changes.
It's pretty reliable on Shiek as she's a fast faller.
The problem is that you end up using too many wind times. Wish the fire jab wasn't nerfed as well

Oidisco

Apparently Marth's dair buff allows it to combo into tipper up-smash and f-smash at kill percents against a lot of characters. That's nice

Top Bottom