• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
Hoochie mama

Bah, I blocked that! Good games Wynd! Zelda has some nice shenanigans but she's so lacking.

Wouldn't have hurt to use the reflector more often! I shouldn't be able to pressure with any missiles and my charge shot should be a big gamble

Hoochie mama

Bah, I blocked that! Good games Wynd! Zelda has some nice shenanigans but she's so lacking.

Wouldn't have hurt to use the reflector more often! I shouldn't be able to pressure with any missiles and my charge shot should be a big gamble

GG's. Family needs sleep so can't play on the Wii U =/. Now to practice via 3ds.

In many cases I wanted to use reflect you just hit me before I pulled it off lol. Also I have to tell myself to not keep reflecting else it becomes an issue lol. I tend to keep trying reflect too much.

edit: A failed reflect is quite punishable by said stuff that wants to get reflected. I'm better off trying to snipe my reflects than just spam it and hope it hits.

Well, I just lost to a Yoshi player on Anther's. I beat them at first with Yoshi vs. their Falcon. They switched to Yoshi and I somehow immediately SD. They obviously won that round. I switch to Luigi and only manage to take 1 stock off of them. How the fuck do you fight Yoshi? They played completely different from me. Essentially eggs plus backwards jump and neutral b. Anyone want a replay?
*nods head*

You can be part of the "Fuck Yoshi" club and still main him. No worries.

image.php

Boney I know you're from Zero's homeland but I legitimately can't play optimally under these conditions. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you should understand if I leave after a match or two.

FluxWaveZ

Namikaze, will you be available for our ranbat match later? Haven't played for a week, so maybe it'll be your chance for an easy win.

Namikaze, will you be available for our ranbat match later? Haven't played for a week, so maybe it'll be your chance for an easy win.

I was going to say no because I am Sonic'd out, but if you haven't played for a week, this may be my only chance to get a win this ranbat xD That, and my match against CRQ :p

TWILT

Banned
Nooooo my ledgetrump tech doesn't work against Yoshi ;-;

GGs Nami! You got a great Yoshi as always; super difficult to fight haha. I thought your Luigi has gotten better since we last fought too and your Sheik was very respectable too. Donkey Kong with Cyclone though...you gotta give me a break and not pick Battlefield so many times in a row with him. :p Fun matches as always!

Boney

Banned
Yikes what's up with these spikes. Somebody using the inter web at your place CRQ?

It's only this bad in doubles with euro folk

Oh well, maybe next time I guess?

Nooooo my ledgetrump tech doesn't work against Yoshi ;-;

Good! And good games! It seems like I do good at first and then you figure out my character and win. I am always dumbfounded by the range of Shulk's moves, and by the lack of lag on all of PIkachu's moves. I have played quite a bit today, so I am going to play Flux and stop.

Hell yeah it is.

Great, I'm ready when you are.

Ready!

Boney

Banned
This is fucked man. Even with Ammo it was nowhere near this bad. I think I'll have to call it Boney, sorry. :( GGs though, for the ones that went smoothly!
Yeah, it's never this bad with anybody else, not even me playing euro folk.

I'm thinking you're putting torrents or something on purpose so you don't lose to me ;)

Yeah, it's never this bad with anybody else, not even me playing euro folk.

I'm thinking you're putting torrents or something on purpose so you don't lose to me ;)

If anything I'm trying to shut down everything so I can go space animal on you, lol. Everyone here is either asleep or offline so IDK what's up. Maybe it's just a bad day?

also:
I was going to say no because I am Sonic'd out, but if you haven't played for a week, this may be my only chance to get a win this ranbat xD That, and my match against CRQ :p

Did you just suggest that I'm free? I'm gonna have to do what I haven't done before and hit the Fox boards now, because I will not stand for this. You will be my one win this season, Namikaze. >:D

Karsticles, you lied! I tried to down-B to the ledge backwards and I died!

GGs FluxWaveZ. I should have picked Delfino before you did, and maybe I could've got 3 wins on it. Even with those two kills from Egg Lay, I would still prefer custom-less ranbats. Hammer Spin Dash is fucking bullshit with how long you're in the ground for, even at low %. Bracket 2, you better be ready for me in 7? weeks.

Did you just suggest that I'm free? I'm gonna have to do what I haven't done before and hit the Fox boards now, because I will not stand for this. You will be my one win this season, Namikaze. >:D

Well, if you do win, I will get revenge next season! But I will do all I can to not let that happen, even if I hate fighting Fox.

If anything I'm trying to shut down everything so I can go space animal on you, lol. Everyone here is either asleep or offline so IDK what's up. Maybe it's just a bad day?

also:

Let us know how to fight Yoshi after you figure it out. PM it to everyone but Nami.

Karsticles, you lied! I tried to down-B to the ledge backwards and I died!

GGs FluxWaveZ. I should have picked Delfino before you did, and maybe I could've got 3 wins on it. Even with those two kills from Egg Lay, I would still prefer custom-less ranbats. Hammer Spin Dash is fucking bullshit with how long you're in the ground for, even at low %. Bracket 2, you better be ready for me in 7? weeks.
I actually went into training mode and did it, though. :p

Are you sure you weren't holding down? Sometimes my brain says "Hold down because it makes you go faster!", and then I sail past the ledge.

No there's egg on me.

I actually went into training mode and did it, though. :p

Are you sure you weren't holding down? Sometimes my brain says "Hold down because it makes you go faster!", and then I sail past the ledge.

I am pretty sure I wasn't holding down. I've down-B'd to the ledge many times today, and the only ones I died from were when I was nowhere near the ledge, and this one where I was backwards.

Anyone want to mess around in training mode with reflecting Shadow Ball with different characters? Looking to learn safe distance for throwing the move out vs. Reflectors. Many accidental deaths are guaranteed.

I am pretty sure I wasn't holding down. I've down-B'd to the ledge many times today, and the only ones I died from were when I was nowhere near the ledge, and this one where I was backwards.
What stage?

I will give you 3 guesses and you shouldn't even need 1.
Okay, so I figured out the issue.

Yes, Yoshi cannot grip the stage if he uses down B while facing away from the ledge.

Yes, Yoshi can grip the ledge if he uses down B while facing away from the ledge.

Basically, if you just use down B, you won't grip. However, if you push left/right toward the ledge right after inputting down B, you flip the side you face while going downward and will grip the ledge. I must have accidentally B-reversed the move when I did it last time.

So, you can still use this tech in all the same situations, it just requires one more input. If you play any other fighters, use a qcf (236) motion to make it happen.

Results from holding down B with my feet in training mode as Fox:

Fox's reflector does break at 50 damage, but ours will break first if a fully charged Shadow Ball is used.

Shadow Ball is 25% damage.

If we throw it, and Fox reflects it, and then we reflect it back, it goes up to 49% damage. Just under the threshold. We are unable to reflect it back at this point. The reflect sound occurs, but Mewtwo still gets hit.

If you throw a tiny, uncharted ball, Fox also wins, or we draw. Fox wins if you are closer than 2/3 screen because we don't recover in time for the third reflect. If you are farther than that, it is a draw because the Shadow Ball dies after hitting the reflector a third time.

At 2/3 range, there is one particular situation where we can win. Charge Shadow Ball to ~75% power. This gives it just enough damage so that we can reflect it a second time, but it goes above the 50 damage threshold for Fox. At around 20%, it KOs. Still a crappy sitch for us overall.

Results from holding down B with my feet in training mode as Fox:

Fox's reflector does break at 50 damage, but ours will break first if a fully charged Shadow Ball is used.

Shadow Ball is 25% damage.

If we throw it, and Fox reflects it, and then we reflect it back, it goes up to 49% damage. Just under the threshold. We are unable to reflect it back at this point. The reflect sound occurs, but Mewtwo still gets hit.

If you throw a tiny, uncharted ball, Fox also wins, or we draw. Fox wins if you are closer than 2/3 screen because we don't recover in time for the third reflect. If you are farther than that, it is a draw because the Shadow Ball dies after hitting the reflector a third time.

At 2/3 range, there is one particular situation where we can win. Charge Shadow Ball to ~75% power. This gives it just enough damage so that we can reflect it a second time, but it goes above the 50 damage threshold for Fox. At around 20%, it KOs. Still a crappy sitch for us overall.

You know, you could've asked me to help you out. :p Then you can start factoring in stale moves and the "fresh" multiplier into this, along with some fun rage calculations.

Edit: Ah, it was buried in an earlier post of yours. Whoops. But still, I'm ready to lend help to this if needed, most of my characters can reflect projectiles so yeah.

You know, you could've asked me to help you out. :p Then you can start factoring in stale moves and the "fresh" multiplier into this, along with some fun rage calculations.

Edit: Ah, it was buried in an earlier post of yours. Whoops. But still, I'm ready to lend help to this if needed, most of my characters can reflect projectiles so yeah.
Up for this in five minutes or so? Make a room with either a Time battle or 99 stocks so we can die a lot.

Top Bottom