• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Oidisco

Alright cool, sorry for not remembering who I've added. I've playing so many people here recently I'm not sure who I have and haven't added, even if I've just played them recently!

Ok room is up!

Gonna stay with ZSS for a couple more games.

Tyeforce

For anyone interested, here are the second two groups of my recreated official Mii Fighters!

SSB T-shirt Mii Fighters
Mii Brawler ♂: 1111
Mii Swordfighter ♂: 1111
Mii Gunner ♀: 1111
Mii Brawler ♀: 1111
Mii Swordfighter ♀: 1111
Mii Gunner ♂: 1111

Cat Suit & Monkey Suit Mii Fighters
Cat Suit ♀: 1132
Cat Suit ♂: 1132
Monkey Suit ♂: 3121
Monkey Suit ♀: 3121

Search for them in game via Online > Share > View > Mii Fighters and filter region by United States.

Oidisco

I feel like I have a good handle on ZSS when playing people who are more agressive in their playstyle, when people get defensive I have big problems

Oh shit seems like I'm back in bracket 2 for this ranbats season. Last time that didn't go so well, there seems to be a huge difference in skill between brackets 2 and 3 lol.

Oh shit seems like I'm back in bracket 2 for this ranbats season. Last time that didn't go so well, there seems to be a huge difference in skill between brackets 2 and 3 lol.
I've noticed that the ranbats have given us an idea of who could be the SmashGaf top 10, players who are a cut above the rest and could go pretty far in major tournies. :O

Actually, I kinda want to make my own SmashGAF power level list :3 but I need to fight our resident Sonic mains more, feels like I never play them...

Edit: I can team with you Ammo. 2v2 is always fun!

Aight lemme know when you get a partner
Pick me, pick me!
What about us who never signed for ranbats D:
Hope you've been saving those replays, and not just the ones that make you look good. :p Besides you're a mod on Smashboards, that's prestige enough to an extent kinda sorta maybe.

Kjelle and Cynthia are the best kids.

Actually Owain is better but yeah

Edit: But Male Morgan tho, especially when you pair him with Nah? Fuck eugenics, that shit is too cute.

Boney

Banned
I've noticed that the ranbats have given us an idea of who could be the SmashGaf top 10, players who are a cut above the rest and could go pretty far in major tournies. :O

Actually, I kinda want to make my own SmashGAF power level list :3 but I need to fight our resident Sonic mains more, feels like I never play them...

Edit: I can team with you Ammo. 2v2 is always fun!
How are you gonna make a list if you run away from fighting me all the time ;)

Puruzi

Banned
she just is
Pick me, pick me!

Hope you've been saving those replays, and not just the ones that make you look good. :p Besides you're a mod on Smashboards, that's prestige enough to an extent kinda sorta maybe.

Kjelle and Cynthia are the best kids.

Actually Owain is better but yeah

Edit: But Male Morgan tho, especially when you pair him with Nah? Fuck eugenics, that shit is too cute.

Severa and Owain are the best kiddos

Cronox

Banned

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Basically he has some Japanese dudes playing the game, who are likely not going to place top 8 at the average tournament there. His reasoning for balancing casual vs pro play tells me that the reason Bowser has the problems he has competitively is cause some newbie is charging fsmashes and killing their clueless friends... meaning Bowser is balanced.

Which says nothing about the inbalance of Bowser's Side B. Which won't ever be fixed since most of the data they use to dictate fixes is For Fun's Smash Mode FFS.

Cronox

Banned
Which says nothing about the inbalance of Bowser's Side B. Which won't ever be fixed since most of the data they use to dictate fixes is For Fun's Smash Mode FFS.

The solution is not to use that side b ;)

The whiffing comes from Bowser being a big character, big characters whiff against close opponents all the time in this game, DK in particular. If they fix Bowser they'd have to go back and fix all the heavy character's hitboxes for good measure.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The solution is not to use that side b ;)

The whiffing comes from Bowser being a big character, big characters whiff against close opponents all the time in this game, DK in particular. If they fix Bowser they'd have to go back and fix all the heavy character's hitboxes for good measure.

Won't stop me from bitching about it.

Even if using Slam is pointless with Dash Slash now.

Oidisco

Alright good games dude.

Can I give you a bit of advice, you really need to slow down a little. I can't think of a single moment in all of those games where you weren't trying to apply pressure and attack me. Never tried to reset to neutral and never just took a moment to collect yourself. Even when I was hanging from the ledge you were short-hopping and throwing out attacks.
That kind of strategy can work for a character like Fox who's very much a rushdown style character, but even then you pushed it a little too much.

Basically, you need to try being a little more defensive. I can't really remember any moment where you rolled, and you weren't air-dodging much. And when you tried to land from the air, you pretty much always tried to land on top of me with an attack, especially with Mario d-air.
ZSS thrives against aggressive players, since her playstyle seems designed around punishing aggression.

Having said all that, you're really good and a lot of fun to play against! I honestly think if you improved your defensive play a little, you'd be amazing at this game and probably one of the top players here, since your ability to just constantly put on pressure isn't really something I've seen from anyone here at quite the same level.

Top Bottom