• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Good games, Magius.

You reminded me Bowser is mortal. Like seriously.

I dunno what it is but I feel recoveries move higher in the 3ds version then the Wii U version.

Also how was my scrubby Sheik? I don't want to play Sheik but Sheik is a lot of fun, especially those jab trades we did with Sheik vs. Fox.

You reminded me Bowser is mortal. Like seriously.

I dunno what it is but I feel recoveries move higher in the 3ds version then the Wii U version.

Also how was my scrubby Sheik? I don't want to play Sheik but Sheik is a lot of fun, especially those jab trades we did with Sheik vs. Fox.

Yeah, I pretty much knew what your Bowser was going to do at the end, so I was even able to win with a character I don't play (ZSS).

The versions should be identical. The 3DS stages might have lower ledges? I don't know. I haven't played it in a long time.

I was utilting as Fox, and I forgot we had customs on so Fox had equipment because I picked random. No idea if utilt gets out of Sheik's jab without speed equipment. I don't really see the point in Sheik's down-B customs. I guess if you don't know about it, it messes up your DI. A lot of customs you used I have never actually seen (most of Zelda's).

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I was utilting as Fox, and I forgot we had customs on so Fox had equipment because I picked random. No idea if utilt gets out of Sheik's jab without speed equipment. I don't really see the point in Sheik's down-B customs. I guess if you don't know about it, it messes up your DI. A lot of customs you used I have never actually seen (most of Zelda's).

Pisces for Sheik just has a lot of kill power. Not sure if I want standard or Pisces yet.

That Donkey Kong is idiotic btw.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Palutena's Temple battle with Ganon and Falco even though I lost.

Pisces for Sheik just has a lot of kill power. Not sure if I want standard or Pisces yet.

That Donkey Kong is idiotic btw.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Palutena's Temple battle with Ganon and Falco even though I lost.

I think standard is better. I never saw any of the pros use Pisces when customs were legal, so there must be a good reason for that.

I didn't even use custom DK for that long. I switched to regular after like 4 games. I think custom DK is definitely a really good character now that DK is buffed from previous versions.

That was a complete accident, but generally I want to play it out when that happens. It was fun and different from the other games. Always fun to be bouncing around everywhere and trying to tech.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Might have to try this Burst Grenade + Penetrating Needles strategy I'm reading about.

And....it broke Bowser's Full Shield.

Oidisco

Ok, I am actually kinda getting pissed at how terrible Nintendo's reporting tools are for Smash/Wii U.

I had people call me a bunch of racial and homophobic slurs, and about 5 people tell me to kill myself. Couldn't report them in game because they would all leave right afterwards, and most of them didn't have Miiverse profiles setup so I couldn't even report them there, not that it would do anything.

It's duuuumb!

Ok, I am actually kinda getting pissed at how terrible Nintendo's reporting tools are for Smash/Wii U.

I had people call me a bunch of racial and homophobic slurs, and about 5 people tell me to kill myself. Couldn't report them in game because they would all leave right afterwards, and most of them didn't have Miiverse profiles setup so I couldn't even report them there, not that it would do anything.

It's duuuumb!
I wish Kotaku would do an article on this. If you call Nintendo, they even say they won't do anything.

Cronox

Banned

It's duuuumb!

What's dumb is, given the tools the game gives players to call each other names, they still don't allow Mii fighters cause... someone might make a face that looks like a dick or something. You know, the face you see in the for glory character select screen anyway...

RomanceDawn

I hate that reporting doesn't do anything with Nintendo. You can say some mild crap in Miiverse but if you catch someone calling you a nigger with their profile name it just gets swept under the rug.

You know what I'm going to call Nintendo right now. Hopefully the more they get calls the more they will attempt to implement something in the future.

At next years comicon I will make a huge deal out of it at the Nintendo lounge. Like I will wear a big creative sign that points the issue out.

Today's my birthday.

Sakurai has 9 hours left to reveal new DLC.

Happy birthday you filthy animal! And happy new year!

When are we getting together for Smash again?

Who cares about fun

QLetnjJ.png

Does anyone in here who doesn't hate custom moves (or at least mind having them on) wanna 1v1 me? In that regard I only play as Palutena so you won't need to worry about Custom Villager or any shit like that.

ID is DinoThePower.

CRQ, you were right. A ton of people do sign-up for tournaments on the night registration closes. There were 24 registered yesterday, and there are 40 right now.

Also, retaking the pk fire discussion from the other day. I'm so annoyed at how Shamrock shrugged it off.

Obviously if all you do is pk fire of course you're gonna lose. But it's a very safe projectile (against most of the cast) that will get you either over 30% at low percents. Early kills with the bat and early kills (lol ness) with back throw.

Just being able to space out with those as if they hit you win the match is really terrible especially compared to robin's arc fire, which has ton more start up, tons more end lag, has limited uses before it needs to recharge (and screws you out of a jab combo) a much worse angle and decent rewards out of it..

It's so wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wdhscz88nY

PK fire is really not that safe. It's pretty punishable. Startup delay, long end delay, Ness announcing it to the world as he shoots it to alert the opponent. For most characters you can escape it fairly quickly unless it hits you early.

Good games. I hope there isn't anyone at my tournament that is at your skill level. And if there is, I hope they don't play anyone from the Mother series.

Top Bottom