• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Ricky 7

Snake is the second best third party character after Ryu. You guys are just jealous of his amazing hitboxes :3
Snake2J_2722.jpg

Snake is the second best third party character after Ryu. You guys are just jealous of his amazing hitboxes :3

Not me, I loved abusing his goofy-ass techniques. DACUSing all over the place, hitting people a mile away and setting up for mines and shit was fun as fuck, plus he was so heavy not even FOXDIE was gonna bring him to the blastzone without a struggle.

Too bad he's gone though, I don't miss him now that we have a good Mario again.

XpopcornX

Banned
I won the tournament! I really appreciate all the tips people gave me a few weeks ago they really helped.

Got put against a Meta Knight in match 1 though who wasn't in the last tournament and I thought it was the end but I started learning his attacks and beat him twice after he beat me.

I won the tournament! I really appreciate all the tips people gave me a few weeks ago they really helped.

Got put against a Meta Knight in match 1 though who wasn't in the last tournament and I thought it was the end but I started learning his attacks and beat him twice after he beat me.

Good going! I'm assuming it was some local tournament? How was the competition? :O

Oh, and what did you win? :3

Ricky 7

Not me, I loved abusing his goofy-ass techniques. DACUSing all over the place, hitting people a mile away and setting up for mines and shit was fun as fuck, plus he was so heavy not even FOXDIE was gonna bring him to the blastzone without a struggle.

Too bad he's gone though, I don't miss him now that we have a good Mario again.

Yeah I miss playing as him as well, he was my main in Brawl. With all his projectiles you could easily set up some crazy mind games. Shame there's no one like him in this game.

Beats

ya, snake was pretty cool.

i've been feeling down on the game lately. I probably shouldn't have put in so much time into wft with customs. oh well.

Icana first off your Roy is AMAZING. That match we just had was pure hype. Second, mind if my bro plays a quick set with you?
Edit: just to let you know he's the falcon with the tag Simba

GGs Icana. Me and my bro had fun playing you. The lag near the end sucked but we should play more often. Never played a sick Roy like yours. Good shit man!

RomanceDawn

GGs Cronnoc. Sorry when you said too tired I took it as the cue to leave.

Your Bowser is insane! Way better than mine! And your edge game is great too! Well at the very least it's like you knew exactly what I was going to do before I did it. Are you guessing my habits or are you watching subtle differences in the climb up animations?

Glad my Jr held its own. Do you have much experience against him? I know some think he's low tier but I've seen a few that were just insane so they inspired me to pick him up as well.

Cronox

Banned
GGs Cronoc. Sorry when you said too tired I took it as the cue to leave.

Your Bowser is insane! Way better than mine! And your edge game is great too! Well at the very least it's like you knew exactly what I was going to do before I did it. Are you guessing my habits or are you watching subtle differences in the climb up animations?

Glad my Jr held its own. Do you have much experience against him? I know some think he's low tier but I've seen a few that were just insane so they inspired me to pick him up as well.

Well if it works once, I do it again... I did catch you with a good number of Bowser bombs in the early matches huh. I like my bairs at the ledge too... there's a rock paper scissors to getups from the ledge. Fortress is safe and covers the most options, or I could pivot grab to cover ground getups... none of that is as explosive as predicting the jump and bair'ing someone off the stage. If I whiff the bair and they do a normal getup, people usually shield allowing me to autocancel my bair into a grab anyway. So it covers one option explosively and I have a fall-back if it doesn't work. If they roll in, they get through... that time anyway. As to reaction, as soon as I see movement on the ledge I execute whatever plan I'm aiming for. It's... and informed guess. Bigger characters have easier getups to react to.

I only have experience with a certain kind of for glory Bowser Jr. mostly. I was having a rough time of it. I was already moderately salty because of some annoying Villager matchups I'd had, so Jr. brought back my projectile and aerial combo PTSD there. I'm not used to picking up items in this game, ridiculous how hard it is to pick up the mecha-koopa when every left or right on the stick means "dash that way!" You kept catching me with fsmashes to my extreme chagrin also. Also salty about getting flare blitzed to death. Generally salty and feeling sluggish, so it was a good time to stop.

Your Bowser Jr. was pretty good. There were some good combos and fakeouts in there - seemingly safe... I can't really say. The up b to Bowser's linear recovery is particularly saddening, but many things are when Bowser is at a disadvantage. Good games!

RomanceDawn

Well if it works once, I do it again... I did catch you with a good number of Bowser bombs in the early matches huh. I like my bairs at the ledge too... there's a rock paper scissors to getups from the ledge. Fortress is safe and covers the most options, or I could pivot grab to cover ground getups... none of that is as explosive as predicting the jump and bair'ing someone off the stage. If I whiff the bair and they do a normal getup, people usually shield allowing me to autocancel my bair into a grab anyway. So it covers one option explosively and I have a fall-back if it doesn't work. If they roll in, they get through... that time anyway. As to reaction, as soon as I see movement on the ledge I execute whatever plan I'm aiming for. It's... and informed guess. Bigger characters have easier getups to react to.

I only have experience with a certain kind of for glory Bowser Jr. mostly. I was having a rough time of it. I was already moderately salty because of some annoying Villager matchups I'd had, so Jr. brought back my projectile and aerial combo PTSD there. I'm not used to picking up items in this game, ridiculous how hard it is to pick up the mecha-koopa when every left or right on the stick means "dash that way!" You kept catching me with fsmashes to my extreme chagrin also. Also salty about getting flare blitzed to death. Generally salty and feeling sluggish, so it was a good time to stop.

Your Bowser Jr. was pretty good. There were some good combos and fakeouts in there - seemingly safe... I can't really say. The up b to Bowser's linear recovery is particularly saddening, but many things are when Bowser is at a disadvantage. Good games!

For Jr and the Mecha Koopa, since there is a ton of lag when using the move often times you can dash attack grabbing the robot and hitting me at the same time. I'm sure you aware of this but for most Jrs I play it can be really useful because the Koopa just has to be out for most players. Just standing and pressing jab works well too but practice it with a partner because the timing can be tricky.

I wish Bowser Jr's Mecha Koopa kept patrolling until it hit something. A trip and a half across the stage is pretty weak, and it isn't that good as a projectile.

Laughlin

I played some games with the Wii U Gamepad last night because my girlfriend was using the TV and....I think I might actually prefer it to the GC controller?

I played some games with the Wii U Gamepad last night because my girlfriend was using the TV and....I think I might actually prefer it to the GC controller?
Everyone has their preferences, though I suggest picking up a pro controller if you plan to play Smash somewhere else. Only one gamepad after all.

I'm probably going to spend my time improving on the characters I already use rather than pick up anymore. If anyone can win with Fox I can too!

SoldnerKei

Fox is one of those characters that I find myself using it more often than my regular casul characters... he would totally be my sub if it wasn't for his voice actor, I can't stand those "MYAUU!" and nerdy "FIYA!", if he had his something like his melee voice... wait, actually there's a video for that... so good...

I wish Bowser Jr's Mecha Koopa kept patrolling until it hit something. A trip and a half across the stage is pretty weak, and it isn't that good as a projectile.

I dunno, that sounds good until you consider that that gives your opponent forever to grab it too. If anything I feel it needs an ungrabbable version of it. Right now I don't even think "oh an annoyance," I think "oh hey a projectile I can use" and the only thing stopping me from always grabbing it is when it explodes.

Laughlin

Everyone has their preferences, though I suggest picking up a pro controller if you plan to play Smash somewhere else. Only one gamepad after all.

I'm probably going to spend my time improving on the characters I already use rather than pick up anymore. If anyone can win with Fox I can too!

I always was a GC controller elitist, but now I'm considering getting the Pro controller.

WriterGK

I know that feel, bro. We mostly play with 4-5 players so I am always the one with the Wii U Gamepad but I love it. Like it way better than the controller. And I can just anywhere in the room without looking at the big ass Tv screen.
My favorite characters to play with are Wario, Ryu and Lucario. Wario I like with bigger maps to get out his bike and keep demolishing my opponents or at least try too. And his Smash is also great. Same goes for Ryu and I like its forward+B move and Lucario I like him a lot because he gets so much more powerfull with every damage he obtains.

Top Bottom