• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Cronox

Banned
Damn, too bad.

And yeah, the worst part about the Bowser Bomb perfect shield is that when you do it from the air on a hard read, the perfect shield probably isn't even intentional. They're just shielding ASAP, and it happens to be on frame one of the move.

Sakurai should change perfect shielding so it has to be a tap - no perfect shields on holding the button down. That would fix the Bowser Bomb issue right there, and it would stop some stupid situations in the game from happening.

I don't know about that change. Honestly, if they perfect shield both hits they deserve it I suppose. What I'm not ok with is landing square on top of someone and not getting a shield break. I don't know, maybe it's an online thing? I'd like to think so.

Shields should be heavily nerfed in general IMO, shield are made to be broken and unless you are Marth or Lucina that never happens, almost.

Anyway, anyone for a 1v1 ?

I'd be more on the nerf shields train if Bowser didn't rely on them so heavily. It's already hard enough to get in on projectile wall characters, and it doesn't take much before those projectiles start shield poking.

I'm around for a little bit, have to stop soon. Sent you a friend request in case you're checking the thread.

I don't know about that change. Honestly, if they perfect shield both hits they deserve it I suppose. What I'm not ok with is landing square on top of someone and not getting a shield break. I don't know, maybe it's an online thing? I'd like to think so.

I'd be more on the nerf shields train if Bowser didn't rely on them so heavily. It's already hard enough to get in on projectile wall characters, and it doesn't take much before those projectiles start shield poking.

I'm around for a little bit, have to stop soon. Sent you a friend request in case you're checking the thread.

added you

Cronox

Banned
Damnit I love my bairs too much for this matchup.

I already took something for sleep so I'll go another 20 minutes or so I think.

Edit: you are really good at getting inside Bowser and making me whiff attacks. I'm using fortress way more than I want to.

Cronox

Banned
That's one of the jankiest delfino matches I've played.

Edit: good games Blackquill. Ike has the weirdest sound effects in this game, it's like being hit with the meatiest pool noodle ever or something. You combo'd me way more than I'd have liked, probably because you caught me burning my air jump after getting hit hit by your fair. I should probably have just DI'd away more and gone to the ledge each time, but I couldn't help myself. Ike has some ridiculous tools and I had to play the spacing game with a very thin margin of error due to his range. His dash attack being a kill move is still something I haven't come to grips with. Man, that Delfino match was kinda funny though. Bowser swims like a fish...

Cronox

Banned
Also, a big thanks to everyone I played matches with today- Karsticles, Namikaze and Blackquill. I feel like my Bowser play has been revitalized once more, I was able to storm into for glory earlier and once again style on people to my extreme satisfaction. I guess I need to recharge the competitive juices here occasionally at least, I can only deal with for glory for so long.

And now I've got some replays to upload to my youtube channel... those for glory guys gave me some good stuff earlier. And maybe I've got one or two from ya'll...

Just had a one minute game with a Mega Man. I love for glory, when you just want to get some anger out of your body..
https://youtu.be/eytMCvEiIMg

Nice. This reminds me, I met a Mega Man on for glory earlier today who used dair really effectively to cover jumping from the ledge and even retreating in the air. Seems it's more useful than I thought.

Robiin

Nice. This reminds me, I met a Mega Man on for glory earlier today who used dair really effectively to cover jumping from the ledge and even retreating in the air. Seems it's more useful than I thought.
Yeah, it's really hard to catch on reaction because of the air momentum change. And it forces you to react if you're close because of the hitbox. It's a nice mixup. However any short hop aerial will punish it from the front/back/above so if the Mega Man player uses it to often it's pretty punishable.. retreating dair though is peobably a bit harder to punish, never really seen it used!

Boney

Banned
Sharing a match I had against a reaaaaally good peach. Sadly we only played 3 matches, first he went doc and was super aggressive with the back airs and while he took an early lead I almost caught up with him. Then this match, and the third he went peach again and beat me due to a stupid sd I did and then the guy left.. Bummer cause I was really enjoying them.

Anyways, really give it a go guys, top level peach is amazing to watch!

http://youtu.be/nk-uxzJXt_o

Also sharing the most bs gimp ever

http://youtu.be/zej4rQIJoAk

Oidisco

Sharing a match I had against a reaaaaally good peach. Sadly we only played 3 matches, first he went doc and was super aggressive with the back airs and while he took an early lead I almost caught up with him. Then this match, and the third he went peach again and beat me due to a stupid sd I did and then the guy left.. Bummer cause I was really enjoying them.

Anyways, really give it a go guys, top level peach is amazing to watch!

http://youtu.be/nk-uxzJXt_o

Also sharing the most bs gimp ever

http://youtu.be/zej4rQIJoAk
If only Samus's up-Smash worked that well everytime...
You played extremely well here because that Peach certainly didn't look like much of a threat. I really wish I could remember to use zair, I never use it with Samus and ZSS.

And if anyone's interested, here's my 2nd match against Seagull Joe's Sheik. It's honestly not a very exciting match but I feel like I played well, though I think he doesn't have too much experience against Zelda because there were some things that worked that really shouldn't have.
Also, using my up-b to interupt Bouncing fish was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-cvCKwa_qs

Boney

Banned
If only Samus's up-Smash worked that well everytime...
You played extremely well here because that Peach certainly didn't look like much of a threat. I really wish I could remember to use zair, I never use it with Samus and ZSS.

And if anyone's interested, here's my 2nd match against Seagull Joe's Sheik. It's honestly not a very exciting match but I feel like I played well, though I think he doesn't have too much experience against Zelda because there were some things that worked that really shouldn't have.
Also, using my up-b to interupt Bouncing fish was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-cvCKwa_qs
I basically shut him off very well at the start with nair because I know peach's like to go for. The glide to weave in an out. Also the up smash can cover grounded opponents who are right on on you, it's actually a decent move for covering roll ins. But yeah it's a shit move overall. Definately use zair, it's not good against small opponents but it can lead to dash attacks or grabs.

Too bad you couldn't get the escalator with the up b on the BF. Lack of experience definately showed on his part, but you took great advantage of it. Honestlly if Zelda either had a different fair she could be pretty decent.
Anyone want to play?

I can play let's get a rematch going on

GGs! Hope you didn't mind me messing around with some characters I've been practicing haha. Fun matches!

Still up for some games. 1v1s or 2v2s.

If you guys are still down my bro and I can run 2v2 with yall when you finish your 1v1
Edit: or I can 2v2 with whoever

TWILT

Banned
GGs Cyberman. It's been a while since we've played; fun matches. Roy feels kind of disgusting being able to KO so early lol. I need to stop trying to edgeguard so deep with him. Lag spikes came in at the worst possible moment for me when I was using Pikachu, but what can you do I guess :/ Oh and really nice Lucina!

GGs Cyberman. It's been a while since we've played; fun matches. Roy feels kind of disgusting being able to KO so early lol. I need to stop trying to edgeguard so deep with him. Lag spikes came in at the worst possible moment for me when I was using Pikachu, but what can you do I guess :/
GGs, fun matches. Some of those kills really shocked me, but I say the same thing every time I play against a Roy, haha. Yeah, I figured you were getting frustrated during those Pikachu matches, so stopped. Hopefully it will be better next time.

Really starting to get the feel for Lucina.

jorgejjvr

GGs, fun matches. Some of those kills really shocked me, but I say the same thing every time I play against a Roy, haha. Yeah, I figured you were getting frustrated during those Pikachu matches, so stopped. Hopefully it will be better next time.

Really starting to get the feel for Lucina.
You main Roy?

Haven't been on this game lately, so I haven't played people who are good with the new characters like Roy, Lucas, Ryu etc

You down for some games in 10-15 mins or so?

You main Roy?

Haven't been on this game lately, so I haven't played people who are good with the new characters like Roy, Lucas, Ryu etc

You down for some games in 10-15 mins or so?
I only use Lucina, not too interested in the rest of the FE cast. I'm done for today, sorry about that. :p

Top Bottom