• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Missed this earlier. I tend to play at weird times when no one on GAF is around. Late at night on PST. Until a week ago I was quite content to style on people in for glory, I don't know what's up with me. Also, certain GAFers are just frustrating to play against and I'm not looking for that challenge at the moment. In for glory I can leave after one match if I don't want to deal with the matchup. I had noticed that I hadn't played with GAF for a bit though. Maybe I'll change that (besides playing with Karst just now), we'll see.

I am questioning whether you meant this to be plural or not.

I can play DK and Falco, you know...

SoldnerKei

I actually did pick up that Gamemaker bundle, hope to tinker with it once the server for registering gets better. By then I should have more knowledge under my belt anyhow.

Boney, there's a whole bunch of resources out there to teach yourself how to program, and often times all you'll need is a command prompt and Notepad (not all the time though don't quote me on this.) If you want to learn, you can, and should go for it. Just do it.

One of us needs to develop some sort of artistic talent so we can make our own Smash Bros with blackjack, and hookers! In fact, forget the blackjack..

welp sorta off-topic but... you guys should check this out:

GameMaker Game Competition | October 1-31, 2015 | Theme: Halloween

I have GM Pro from another sale but I rarely use it, I am thinking in getting the $12 tier solely because of the android export (I am currently messing around more with TyranoScript), I'll try to get something done... hopefully... maybe a visual novel since I have been messing with those lately >_>

not gonna lie, I would love to make a fighting game that is as novice friendly as smashbros but as fast paced as arcsys games, but without the ring out mechanics haha.

Ha it's not all about you yaknow ;) Half of GAF plays a character that Bowser has a terrible matchup with, especially online.

I was mostly joking :p I figured people like Tipster and Boney were also included. I can agree with you about the online part and some people. (Boney, I should be able to PS Falco lasers...)

Cronox

Banned
Ah fuck me the ledge business keeps getting me killed.

Edit: also you are getting so much more mileage out of your invincibility than I am. In the dash slash days I had a game plan, now I don't know what to do again.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Edit: also you are getting so much more mileage out of your invincibility than I am. In the dash slash days I had a game plan, now I don't know what to do again.

You got spiked didn't you.

I don't think so. You were getting a lot more out of your up smash versus DK than I was getting out of neutral B.

Cronox

Banned
Good games Namikaze. Have to go for dinner now.

You got spiked didn't you.

No it was stupid stuff like trying to edge guard DK, getting hit with DK's up b, losing my second jump somewhere in between, and Bowser not grabbing the ledge afterwards because of the "wait 1.5 seconds to grab ledge after being hit" mechanic the game has. Then I'd react too late with an up b and not make it back to the ledge.

I'll play.

Good games, Cronox. Super aggressive Bowser is still really scary. Hard to do anything when I am above you as DK, and Luigi just slides super far and makes it hard to get a kill.
Would you give me a set against DK to start us off? Him and Bowser are hard for me still.

Make the room, if you will.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
No it was stupid stuff like trying to edge guard DK, getting hit with DK's up b, losing my second jump somewhere in between, and Bowser not grabbing the ledge afterwards because of the "wait 1.5 seconds to grab ledge after being hit" mechanic the game has. Then I'd react too late with an up b and not make it back to the ledge.

I hate that so much.

Good games. Nice to play you again. Mewtwo on FG is completely different from your Mewtwo.
Well, I hope so. :p

Your DK has improved a lot. I couldn't believe that I kept dying in the same setup against Falco. So dumb of me.

Yoshi still makes me hate playing this game more than anything else. I feel like I can make all the right decisions and he just derps through them.

Cronox

Banned
I don't think so. You were getting a lot more out of your up smash versus DK than I was getting out of neutral B.

I mean that you would start combo'ing me during invincibility on the second stock, while I would do something stupid like attempt a Bowser bomb and get grabbed.

BTW, 4 times over our matches I Bowser bombed into your shield and 4 times it didn't break that shield. WTF Samurai. I haven't gotten a shield break off Bowser bomb in too long...

Edit: oh also... so I may upload a match or two we had on my youtube channel. You will be anonymous though.

Yoshi still makes me hate playing this game more than anything else. I feel like I can make all the right decisions and he just derps through them.

The final screen I had to look at before quitting my games with Nami was this Yoshi screen:
5AtmN5w.png

Nightmarish.

Well, I hope so. :p

Your DK has improved a lot. I couldn't believe that I kept dying in the same setup against Falco. So dumb of me.

Thanks. DK was food for Mewtwo's nair. I didn't like that.

Do you mean the reflected Shadow Ball or a bair?

You weren't making the right move if you were challenging me by trying to recover :p You used to recover super low against me, but you weren't taking the evasive recovery route a lot this time.

I mean that you would start combo'ing me during invincibility on the second stock, while I would do something stupid like attempt a Bowser bomb and get grabbed.

BTW, 4 times over our matches I Bowser bombed into your shield and 4 times it didn't break that shield. WTF Samurai. I haven't gotten a shield break off Bowser bomb in too long...

Edit: oh also... so I may upload a match or two we had on my youtube channel. You will be anonymous though.

The final screen I had to look at before quitting my games with Nami was this Yoshi screen:
5AtmN5w.png

Nightmarish.

Hey, I did a lot of stupid stuff too. I can't tell you how many times I fell into your pivot grab with a DK roll. I eventually started rolling later, but that grab has insane range.

My DK side-B never broke your shield. You still killed me with Bowser Bomb a ton of times without the shield break.

Not sure I will like the matches you upload >.<

That Yoshi isn't blue!

Thanks. DK was food for Mewtwo's nair. I didn't like that.

Do you mean the reflected Shadow Ball or a bair?

You weren't making the right move if you were challenging me by trying to recover :p You used to recover super low against me, but you weren't taking the evasive recovery route a lot this time.
I am pretty tired. Definitely not playing at full mental capacity right now.

We're you always blocking the Nair but getting pierced?

Reflected Shadow Ball. I think I only died to Bair a few times.

I am pretty tired. Definitely not playing at full mental capacity right now.

We're you always blocking the Nair but getting pierced?

Reflected Shadow Ball. I think I only died to Bair a few times.

Some I was blocking, some I wasn't, and some I blocked it partially. I know one match you hit me with like 5 nairs in a row.

Some I was blocking, some I wasn't, and some I blocked it partially. I know one match you hit me with like 5 nairs in a row.
I think, situationally, Mewtwo can chain them against DK and Bowser. I play against DK and Bowser so infrequently, though, that I don't really follow up properly against them. Kind of like Falco - if I get a dtilt, I'll go into Fair even though it whiffs against him. Just habits.

Cronox

Banned
So now is about the time I play on for glory. Anyone around? Probably not...

Hey, I did a lot of stupid stuff too. I can't tell you how many times I fell into your pivot grab with a DK roll. I eventually started rolling later, but that grab has insane range.

My DK side-B never broke your shield. You still killed me with Bowser Bomb a ton of times without the shield break.

Not sure I will like the matches you upload >.<

That Yoshi isn't blue!

Eeeeeh but DK's side b isn't supposed to break your shield, it's one of those "omg his shield is so close to breaking" moves like Jigglypuff's side b. Bowser bomb is such a high commitment move it absolutely has to break shields. I'm getting sick of using a move as intended and getting punished for it. Meanwhile Marth's neutral b always shield breaks when fully charged. Screw that guy.

Well, I don't upload matches where I lose so...

Yeah that picture doesn't really do justice to the monstrosity that is Yoshi's animation, it's like if the cutest dog in the world just bit someone's arm off and then wanted to cuddle with me while covered in blood, and I can still hear the screams of the armless mailman in the distance. Terrifying.

So now is about the time I play on for glory. Anyone around? Probably not...

Eeeeeh but DK's side b isn't supposed to break your shield, it's one of those "omg his shield is so close to breaking" moves like Jigglypuff's side b. Bowser bomb is such a high commitment move it absolutely has to break shields. I'm getting sick of using a move as intended and getting punished for it. Meanwhile Marth's neutral b always shield breaks when fully charged. Screw that guy.

Well, I don't upload matches where I lose so...

Yeah that picture doesn't really do justice to the monstrosity that is Yoshi's animation, it's like if the cutest dog in the world just bit someone's arm off and then wanted to cuddle with me while covered in blood, and I can still hear the screams of the armless mailman in the distance. Terrifying.
The best is when the first hit of Bowser Bomb gets perfect shielded. "Why am I even playing this character?", I ask myself.

The best is when the first hit of Bowser Bomb gets perfect shielded. "Why am I even playing this character?", I ask myself.

Speaking as someone who's fallen victim to the Bowser Bomb shield break before, I honestly think the second hit should be a guaranteed shield break unless you somehow perfect shield it.

I don't know if that will do anything at all to Bowser, but hey.

Speaking as someone who's fallen victim to the Bowser Bomb shield break before, I honestly think the second hit should be a guaranteed shield break unless you somehow perfect shield it.

I don't know if that will do anything at all to Bowser, but hey.
It really should be, all on its own.

You know what else is annoying? People DIing out of Bowser Bomb's follow-up hit when you land the first part. Infuriating, actually.

It really should be, all on its own.

You know what else is annoying? People DIing out of Bowser Bomb's follow-up hit when you land the first part. Infuriating, actually.

If Smash DI had the same effect here that it did in the previous titles I'd imagine you'd have lost all hope a long time ago.

Then again, if Smash DI were like that then multi-hit jabs, Sonic in general, and multi-hit kill moves like Luigi's Tornado would be indirectly nerfed because they'd be much easier to escape. :O I wonder how the meta would change...

If Smash DI had the same effect here that it did in the previous titles I'd imagine you'd have lost all hope a long time ago.

Then again, if Smash DI were like that then multi-hit jabs, Sonic in general, and multi-hit kill moves like Luigi's Tornado would be indirectly nerfed because they'd be much easier to escape. :O I wonder how the meta would change...
I was playing a Luigi in FG earlier today, and I could DI down with Mewtwo to escape his grab -> Tornado combo. I don't know if that player was just sloppy with the Tornado, or what, but I would always DI out just before the KO hit. It made the matchup so much more bearable than dying at 70% off of a grab.

Cronox

Banned

I've had people in for glory perfect shield both hits. It's like... damn...

I was playing a Luigi in FG earlier today, and I could DI down with Mewtwo to escape his grab -> Tornado combo. I don't know if that player was just sloppy with the Tornado, or what, but I would always DI out just before the KO hit. It made the matchup so much more bearable than dying at 70% off of a grab.

I hate to tell you, but I believe some of that is the Luigi's fault for mashing b too much.

I've had people in for glory perfect shield both hits. It's like... damn...

I hate to tell you, but I believe some of that is the Luigi's fault for mashing b too much.
Damn, too bad.

And yeah, the worst part about the Bowser Bomb perfect shield is that when you do it from the air on a hard read, the perfect shield probably isn't even intentional. They're just shielding ASAP, and it happens to be on frame one of the move.

Sakurai should change perfect shielding so it has to be a tap - no perfect shields on holding the button down. That would fix the Bowser Bomb issue right there, and it would stop some stupid situations in the game from happening.

Shields should be heavily nerfed in general IMO, shield are made to be broken and unless you are Marth or Lucina that never happens, almost.

Anyway, anyone for a 1v1 ?

Top Bottom