• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Yeah sorry that that post really does come off preachy. Just opinions, for some reason I was writing more forcefully than usual.
I'm not offended at all - there's no reason to apologize. You and I actually share quite a bit in common, and I appreciate your perspective.

Actually, I wish everyone would stop worrying about offending everyone. Unless you're screaming in my face or throwing my things around, I don't think it's reasonable to be offended by opinions. Too many people get upset because of a contrary belief - it's unhealthy. The people that are so easily offended these days should consider closing their eyes and stuffing their ears so they can feel better about reality.

Cronox

Banned
I'm not offended at all - there's no reason to apologize. You and I actually share quite a bit in common, and I appreciate your perspective.

Actually, I wish everyone would stop worrying about offending everyone. Unless you're screaming in my face or throwing my things around, I don't think it's reasonable to be offended by opinions. Too many people get upset because of a contrary belief - it's unhealthy. The people that are so easily offended these days should consider closing their eyes and stuffing their ears so they can feel better about reality.

Ha, I think the culture of the offended is out of control right now, it's for that reason that I leave my strong opinions to be expressed in person rather than online. The internet's outrage is a weird thing to watch from the side-lines. I just didn't want to give the impression I was "telling you how to parent your child," in scare-quotes. Unsolicited advice is... well, unsolicited. The trend seems to be that people go about their lives holding their polarized opinions but acting outwardly pleasant until someone steps on something they feel strongly about and the floodgates open. One never knows when or what subject might trigger this land-mine. I try to get ahead of that stuff in case I hit a sore area, and since we've known each other in this Smash community for some time now (albeit in the online sense) I'd prefer to keep on good terms. Just my standard operating procedure, even if I know you're less likely to be "offended."

This is a strange time to be born. So much is changing, so much may change in the future, and not in the way futurists expect. There are so many things pushing and pulling on kids. I'm honestly not sure how kids today go about having the formative experiences that happened before cell phones and 24/7 parental supervision. I don't mean parental supervision in the "when I was young, we played on the train tracks and we turned out fine" way, but that I had moments where I was alone with friends and they wanted to do something that I knew I shouldn't do. It's in those moments when you know that an adult isn't there to stop you, that making a decision becomes a formative experience. Of course, I'm coming from the perspective of the kid that did what an adult would call the right thing. There's a possibility of it going the other way. But woe to the person whose first chance to do the wrong thing unsupervised is in college...

I was talking with an uncle-in-law of mine while I was in Europe about this, that this seems like a difficult world to grow up in. I was questioning if it's even a responsible act to have a kid. He said he'd had the same feelings 20 years ago, but they have a 12 or 13 year old daughter now and they're doing alright. So maybe I'm overthinking it. I expect I won't have to deal with the reality of that situation myself for at least another 5 years or so.

You're both old people :p

You know I really think I should play this game with you guys some more, I'm gonna do that later when everyone is here but only one or two people post and Boney says something subtly implying he dislikes Sheik.

Boney

Banned
You're both old people :p

You know I really think I should play this game with you guys some more, I'm gonna do that later when everyone is here but only one or two people post and Boney says something subtly implying he dislikes Sheik.
As of right now I'm in the Yoshi and ROB hate train.

Dem up airs and dem nairs

As of right now I'm in the Yoshi and ROB hate train.

Dem up airs and dem nairs

I would say ROB is nowhere near as bad as Yoshi, especially without a Gyro in play.

We've all played against Namikaze, so nothing more needs to be said.

Edit: Tipster must've been born and raised in Dr. Light's lab, I seriously don't get how he can move Mega Man as well as he does let alone get all that crazy shit off of Metal Blade.

Yep!

Why would we not count the gyro?

I'm not saying to not count the gyro, I'm saying that ROB relies on having a gyro in play to get a lot of his setups working. Like an inferior Diddy banana. Without that gyro ROB has poor damage output even with his patented beep-boop combo, especially against people with reflectors.

We may or may not be in agreement, I just wanna clarify :O

On a side note playing Mega Man on For Glory and every time I win I'm like
9a2.jpg

Ha, I think the culture of the offended is out of control right now, it's for that reason that I leave my strong opinions to be expressed in person rather than online.
It's especially weird because, when the internet started to become social, there was nothing like that here. I think that the people who stay on the internet the most, socially, are the most likely to be outcasts. As such, the internet becomes more populated by "social outcast perspective"; on the internet, they are dominant, but in daily life you hardly ever see them. However, since the internet is so powerful as a social device, I think more and more people have come to be affected by this minority opinion, giving it more mindshare.

The internet's outrage is a weird thing to watch from the side-lines. I just didn't want to give the impression I was "telling you how to parent your child," in scare-quotes. Unsolicited advice is... well, unsolicited. The trend seems to be that people go about their lives holding their polarized opinions but acting outwardly pleasant until someone steps on something they feel strongly about and the floodgates open. One never knows when or what subject might trigger this land-mine. I try to get ahead of that stuff in case I hit a sore area, and since we've known each other in this Smash community for some time now (albeit in the online sense) I'd prefer to keep on good terms. Just my standard operating procedure, even if I know you're less likely to be "offended."
I'm pretty much impossible to offend. I am actually irritated at work when students are "inappropriate" because I know I am supposed to be offended and teach them social propriety, but I'm unfazed. Never hesitate to be blunt and honest with me.

This is a strange time to be born. So much is changing, so much may change in the future, and not in the way futurists expect. There are so many things pushing and pulling on kids. I'm honestly not sure how kids today go about having the formative experiences that happened before cell phones and 24/7 parental supervision. I don't mean parental supervision in the "when I was young, we played on the train tracks and we turned out fine" way, but that I had moments where I was alone with friends and they wanted to do something that I knew I shouldn't do. It's in those moments when you know that an adult isn't there to stop you, that making a decision becomes a formative experience. Of course, I'm coming from the perspective of the kid that did what an adult would call the right thing. There's a possibility of it going the other way. But woe to the person whose first chance to do the wrong thing unsupervised is in college...
I haven't had this experience. I know it is a popular thought, and parents are more paranoid now, but I rather find that students are generally just more clueless. Less ability to work on their own, weaker social skills, and less of an attention span. They're more likely to know a YouTube star or meme than anything useful.

I was talking with an uncle-in-law of mine while I was in Europe about this, that this seems like a difficult world to grow up in. I was questioning if it's even a responsible act to have a kid. He said he'd had the same feelings 20 years ago, but they have a 12 or 13 year old daughter now and they're doing alright. So maybe I'm overthinking it. I expect I won't have to deal with the reality of that situation myself for at least another 5 years or so.
I think the world has always been difficult - you just have to learn to mitigate the dangers of the era you exist in.

To be fair, the culture created in this forum makes people feel like they have to be on their tippy toes around here.

Fandangox

I haven't been playing much lately cause WORK + new laptop (been playing TF2 and got into DFO...)

But been playing every now and then and played some really good doubles matches (some a bit laggy).

Still got it.

I just had a set with 2ManyCooks, he's a really good Doc player that puts mine to shame. One thing I confirmed is even with his Doc, Ike > Dr. Mario.

Also that I need to git gud, but that's a whole other thing entirely.

Boney

Banned
I need to keep these videos in mind. He made it look too easy.
Well we played for a long while and I got him pretty well lots of times, only saved them up airs though.

The thing I did notice is that he read air dodges fairly well, so he'd hit me with down throw fairs because of it, and if you don't air dodge, Yoshi is fast enough to chase you down and hit you regardless

Well we played for a long while and I got him pretty well lots of times, only saved them up airs though.

The thing I did notice is that he read air dodges fairly well, so he'd hit me with down throw fairs because of it, and if you don't air dodge, Yoshi is fast enough to chase you down and hit you regardless

Before I saw your first video I predicted it would be on duck hunt, because the tree can help with uair combos. I found it funny that it was on Omega Duck Hunt and he still got the combo. Usually against me you wouldn't try to dair and would go to the side with bombs which are a lot harder to react to than air dodges.

Anyone want to play?

Boney

Banned
Before I saw your first video I predicted it would be on duck hunt, because the tree can help with uair combos. I found it funny that it was on Omega Duck Hunt and he still got the combo. Usually against me you wouldn't try to dair and would go to the side with bombs which are a lot harder to react to than air dodges.

Anyone want to play?
You still around? I can pay for a short while before dinner

Nvm dinner is ready

I mean, out of like say 15 fights those were the only times he got me like that. But still scrary stuff

24% ;_;

Welp, I got thrown completely off by that

Had to take a deep breath after them spikes

God damn yoshi's

Good games. I did much better this time :). Your DI was crazy good on some of those kill moves, like the grounded down-B at 120% with rage, and the bair at 150% with rage.

Boney

Banned
Good games. I did much better this time :). Your DI was crazy good on some of those kill moves, like the grounded down-B at 120% with rage, and the bair at 150% with rage.
Yeah got surprised I lived those, one thing I can't really complain about is samus longetivity.

But yeah, well played. Yoshi 2 gud 4 me

Top Bottom