• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Sorry Karst, I didn't want to wait any longer. Hope everythings alright.

Julian, I can play you whenever you're ready!
Sorry about that. I had utilities show up at my door. They were doing random inspections, and it turned out that our house had a gas leak. That took precedence, haha!

Do you want to play again?

Oidisco

Sorry about that. I had utilities show up at my door. They were doing random inspections, and it turned out that our house had a gas leak. That took precedence, haha!

Do you want to play again?

I can play in about 10 minutes if you want to wait. And yea, good thing that was sorted out!

SoldnerKei

And it's cg trailer

to be fair From Software always do that, I am hoping they show gameplay on Sony's conference, I enjoyed DaSII despite it's so called flaws, and I'm having one hell of a time with Bloodborne, so hopefully DaSIII grab everything good from those

I am wondering if Nintendo will show something regarding Street Fighter, I mean, Ryu in Smash it's a big deal, perhaps they show SFV for Wii U
P: lol sure
regardless, Ryu is pretty fun to use, still getting used to hold the button for medium attacks thou, lol at his focus attack shenanigans thou

Oidisco

Yea I'm doing my best not to play like Marth, but off-stage my Marth instincts tend to kick, and I just end up getting myself killed!

I am loving Roy's neutral B edgeguard option. The explosion covers so much area around the ledge it seems, but I gotta play around with it more. Think I'll try to play with someone in this thread later tonight.

Snacks your FGW interview reads like your posts in the form of a biography lol. No offense meant, it's just fun to see your personality in writing. :3

Um, I might as well ask this now, so who hasn't done this interview thing yet? Flux? Namikaze? Tipster? Karsticles a second time? Evilore?

JulianImp

Yea I'm doing my best not to play like Marth, but off-stage my Marth instincts tend to kick, and I just end up getting myself killed!

I did that against Puruzi once, and ended up losing because Lucas could stall while I fell like a rock after my upB.

You might be able to land a fair or bair, but I haven't tested other aerials. Maybe we could bait an air dodge and punish with a footstool?

I think hitting someone with the tip of Roy's sword while trying to ledgeguard them can actually end up helping their recovery while ledgeguarding because of the crappy knockback his tipped attacks have. I'm still digging his playstyle, though.

Played a decent Japanese Falcon player who started the first match spammingsmashes (I won that one), but then he suddenly stopped fooling around and beat me two times before finally switching his name to DIE and leaving. Sheesh.

..Seriously, I hate when I get paired against salty players like that, even if I do get the occasional good player who is decent, sticks around for a while and leaves after saying GGs. I have no qualms about being mercilessly outread and outplayed nowadays, but I do get ticked off when my opponents start boasting too much about it.

Snacks your FGW interview reads like your posts in the form of a biography lol. No offense meant, it's just fun to see your personality in writing. :3

Um, I might as well ask this now, so who hasn't done this interview thing yet? Flux? Namikaze? Tipster? Karsticles a second time? Evilore?
Lots of folks haven't.

Falawful

I really did not expect to like playing Roy as much as I do. It was bias from my days maining Marth over him in Melee I guess, but now in Sm4sh he feels much better to play than Marth imo. So that's cool.

Lucas is great too, though I'll miss that air momentum trick with PK Fire + Magnet. Ryu is gonna take sime work to get decent with, but I'm looking forward to seeing some SF vets use him to bring a whole new dynamic to Smash.

JulianImp

By the way, how about we begin sharing Roy replays or something? It'd probably be a good way of sharing our findings on what works and what doesn't, and share our thoughts on each other's playstyle.

JulianImp

I just wanna make sure I don't pick a repeat by accident you know? I'll just look through the archives and figure it out, I've already got a choice or two lined up anyhow.

So, fellow Roy players, why in the holy hell is utilt so good?

I haven't tried it much at all. I saw it hits further behind Roy than it does in front of him, but it seemed kind of slow.

Might bite the bullet and buy Lucas on 3ds too to test him out over here. If you buy a character for both systems, how does it work? Do they give you a download code for the other system?

I haven't tried it much at all. I saw it hits further behind Roy than it does in front of him, but it seemed kind of slow.
It's really good when you set up for it, problem is how to set it up. Also how do I use his jab?
Might bite the bullet and buy Lucas on 3ds too to test him out over here. If you buy a character for both systems, how does it work? Do they give you a download code for the other system?
Yep, you download him immediately on the system you purchased him on and they give you a code for the other system on your receipt, which you can check through Account Activity.

The only problem I have with Lucas right now is I don't know what his response is to an opponent who decides to just do nothing. Throw your snake at them and hope they get hit by PK Fire is all I do.

JulianImp

It's really good when you set up for it, problem is how to set it up. Also how do I use his jab?

Yep, you download him immediately on the system you purchased him on and they give you a code for the other system on your receipt, which you can check through Account Activity.

It kind of combos from dthrow on fast-fallers at very low percentages, although I prefer using short or full-hop nairs depending on damage. I think its speed is nice for clashing against attacks, but I often prefer dtilt for pokes because it gets a little extra range.

JulianImp

Don't get knocked offstage against Lucas apparently.
The gimps are real.

What are his tools? Besides his ridiculous recovery range, I mean.

I remember his dair being a soft spike and bair being hard to spike with in Brawl, at the very least. His slow and persistent PK thunder might be an annoyance, though.

Top Bottom