• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Forkball

Man it's lame that we can't upload pictures from the Miiverse stage. I had an awesome shot of Ryu hitting the Shin Shoryuken on Mega Man with Sonic cowering in fear and now it's lost to the ages.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THESE GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS ON THE MIIVERSE STAGE

Had a little time to try out Lucas and he still seems to basically be the awesome PK kid I loved in Brawl. Problem is I've gotten so used to Ness' setups and combos in 4 that I'm a little rusty. Kept accidentally going for Fair out of Dthrow just on muscle memory for the few matches I played. Shorthop Nair is so awesome though.

Didn't get as much time with Roy and Ryu outside of a little bit of training. Ryu's power seems ridiculous though.

I also apologize for not being around for ranbats this past week - work was super busy and it was my birthday weekend so I didn't have any time. Hopefully I can make up my matches this week - will probably just end up getting my ass kicke as Lucas a bunch.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, hey.

Shhhh. I don't want to be spoiled. :-/
I mean I somehow manage to survive the last ten weeks without having a single thing spoiled, and then, mere days before I get to watch the whole season, on the fucking Miiverse stage... I could cry :<

Crayolan

MaskedMan, what is the deal with gray haired Lucas?

Color based on this:
maskedboy.jpg

I have to play M1 first. :p

Haven't played M1 myself, but most people I've seen that have actually recommend to play it last.

Oidisco

I got so used to using Marth's shieldbreaker offensively that I keep doing it with Roy without even thinking about it, and that ain't good!

JulianImp

I got so used to using Marth's shieldbreaker offensively that I keep doing it with Roy without even thinking about it, and that ain't good!

We could play a couple of dittos in half an hour or so, since I'm also trying to learn Roy.

Gotta love them short-hop nairs.

FSLink

Banned
Would like to have Ness or Lucas mirrors if anyone wants to do some today.

I have a good grasp of what to do when I use my other characters but I want to get better at the mirror.

Oidisco

Conference is starting soon, so this is my last game for now!

Alright good games dude. I'll play more later if you're up for it!

JulianImp

Gah, I had to take a call in the middle of the match.

Chaingrab seems like a fraud, though. It seems like It'd only work as long as your opponent keeps DIng the wrong way and forgets to jump away or do anything to stuff your grab attempt.

Beats

So, what do you think are Roy's good approach options? I think maybe doing a cross up falling up-air or n-air could be safe on shield. If you land the hit then you can followup with a number of moves. His fall/dash speed is pretty fast so I think empty jumping, dashing in and out while trying to go for grabs could be pretty effective too.

Not mechanics related, but I thought it was cool that they got the same voice actor as the one in Melee.

also, Snacks did an interview for the Fighting Games Weekly thread.

Oidisco

Gah, I had to take a call in the middle of the match.

Chaingrab seems like a fraud, though. It seems like It'd only work as long as your opponent keeps DIng the wrong way and forgets to jump away or do anything to stuff your grab attempt.

The jab out of downthrow is guaranteed, but the re-grab is definitely dependent on how your opponent DI's

Top Bottom