• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

What are his tools? Besides his ridiculous recovery range, I mean.

I remember his dair being a soft spike and bair being hard to spike with in Brawl, at the very least. His slow and persistent PK thunder might be an annoyance, though.

His pkthunder can gimp a lot easier than ness' because the knock back is not as great and you can hit with it multie times

Boney

Banned

I remember his dair being a soft spike and bair being hard to spike with in Brawl, at the very least. His slow and persistent PK thunder might be an annoyance, though.
Good ol' fashioned pk thunder can gimp with the tail

Puruzi

Banned

I hit people trying to recover Low with the tail of PK thunder. Destroys recoveries

TWILT

Banned
Some pretty cool Ryu combos/setups by Rush Hour Smash/False.

Getting a bit more used to Ryu now that I'm using the down forward, down, down forward Shoryuken shortcut, but sometimes I'm still getting a Hadouken or even a dash attack lol. DAir seems like a pretty good combo starter and then going into utilt strings, but it's hard to get used to doing weak then strong tilts. I mostly use the default controls for Smash, but I might have to try switching my C-Stick to tilt for Ryu later.

Am I over complicating Lucas returning from getting blasted away from the stage if I PK Fire myself towards the stage, use PSI Magnet to turn back around and then use my Rope Snake to tether? Or should I just move back normally and PK Thunder, what's usually a better option in most situations?

i know I'm overthinking it

Am I over complicating Lucas returning from getting blasted away from the stage if I PK Fire myself towards the stage, use PSI Magnet to turn back around and then use my Rope Snake to tether? Or should I just move back normally and PK Thunder, what's usually a better option in most situations?

i know I'm overthinking it

I feel like Lucas's recovery is already so huge horizontally that you leave yourself vulnerable too long using PK Fire backwards. Depends on who you're playing against.

Lucas' up smash doesn't seem all that powerful really

It KO's at 70% on both sides of him and bodies bad spotdodges. Good enough.

Boney

Banned
I feel like Lucas's recovery is already so huge horizontally that you leave yourself vulnerable too long using PK Fire backwards. Depends on who you're playing against.

It KO's at 70% on both sides of him and bodies bad spotdodges. Good enough.
Didn't kill me at around 100% in battlefield

Now his fsmash... Too fast to be a reflector...

JulianImp

Didn't kill me at around 100% in battlefield

Now his fsmash... Too fast to be a reflector...

That's something I was looking forward to once I heard he'd be returning. Lucas' fsmash is a lot easier to deflect stuff with than Ness'. I wonder if they can "break" or simply not work like other reflectors when the projectile is supposed to deal high enough damage?

Ammo, are you going to make the room, or should I?

That's something I was looking forward to once I heard he'd be returning. Lucas' fsmash is a lot easier to deflect stuff with than Ness'. I wonder if they can "break" or simply not work like other reflectors when the projectile is supposed to deal high enough damage?
It shouldn't ever matter, because how would the project be reflected toward Lucas/Ness in the first place?

ffdgh

Lucas' up smash doesn't seem all that powerful really

Also, somebody compare pit's with Lucas' recovery please

It the strongest upsmash in terms of damage this time. Still crazy strong behind mac, lucario(?), and Dorf's sweet spotted foot I think.

Wait no scratch that, Sweet foot deals 33% and is strongest upsmash. Lol wut at calling lucas's the strongest, sakurai.

Boney

Banned
I don't see how that would happen unless you hit a sourspot. If it pulls you in then it's strong.

His down smash also KO's really early though. No idea why, it's even stronger than Robin's.

Anyone ready to play?
Ah it might've been a sourspot as I was landing I think.
Yeah dsmash is really good as well super strong and good for spot dodges

Boney

Banned
Lucas seems extremely powerful because of the versatility he posesses. He's lacking Ness' raw killing power for a more defensive approach.

First up, his pk fire doing 9% is just too bloody good for such a fantastic spacing option. The air momentum you get is great, it has two hits so it can blow up in your face if you clank it with something and leaves opponents in a very bad position because of the knockback. It's a fantastic gimp tool as well.

Rope snake is amazing as well, gotta hand it to the little guy. It's pretty fast for a tether and doesn't have much recovery. All 4 throws are fantastic. Up throw and back throw will kill ( at less ridiculous % than ness) while down throw combos until very high % and you can get a kill with bad DI. Really helps the recovery as well

Pk thunder is fantastic as recovery, harder to gimp and insane distance and is a fantastic projectile for harrasment. Not sure if a well placed aerial will make it disappear, soft hits like my grapple beam won't

Pk vacuum is fast, heals a lot, has a hitbox and can be used for air stalling. Amazing smashes and tilts. His aerials are just good other than nair which is also amazing.

Great character, I'm not gonna call him a shit head cause I love mother 3 but Sakurai pls

Lucas seems extremely powerful because of the versatility he posesses. He's lacking Ness' raw killing power for a more defensive approach.

First up, his pk fire doing 9% is just too bloody good for such a fantastic spacing option. The air momentum you get is great, it has two hits so it can blow up in your face if you clank it with something and leaves opponents in a very bad position because of the knockback. It's a fantastic gimp tool as well.

Rope snake is amazing as well, gotta hand it to the little guy. It's pretty fast for a tether and doesn't have much recovery. All 4 throws are fantastic. Up throw and back throw will kill ( at less ridiculous % than ness) while down throw combos until very high % and you can get a kill with bad DI. Really helps the recovery as well

Pk thunder is fantastic as recovery, harder to gimp and insane distance and is a fantastic projectile for harrasment. Not sure if a well placed aerial will make it disappear, soft hits like my grapple beam won't

Pk vacuum is fast, heals a lot, has a hitbox and can be used for air stalling. Amazing smashes and tilts. His aerials are just good other than nair which is also amazing.

Great character, I'm not gonna call him a shit head cause I love mother 3 but Sakurai pls

He even has a Boney shirt. I don't know how you could be upset just because Sakurai doesn't know what a Metroid is.

Puruzi

Banned

Lucas is def top 15 material, maybe 10.

I'm about to send a replay to all of you, you should totally watch it, it's only 1:05 and it's a super duper epic 2 stock with Lucas

Top Bottom