• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Oidisco

OK, well good games. You were playing pretty well in the 1st couple games, but once you started constantly rolling it felt like you weren't really trying as hard anymore.

JulianImp

......you gonna end like that?

And both stages were great, I actually want them.

Edit: ggs Jul! Your roy is a beast, I was forced to switch to my mains to learn the match up better! Keep at it.

Yeah, I decided that I'd leave regardless of the outcome. Still, that was a truly anticlimatic ending.

Matches were really intense. It makes sense that you're still getting used to Lucas, but WFT and Palutena sure gave me fits! It's great to know that my opponents can easily get out of dthrow into nair merely by jumping, and that I should mix it up more with full jumps, fairs, uairs and the occasional blazer while at low percentages. I've also realized I'll have to learn the spacing to make sure that blazer's final hitbox pops up before I grab the ledge, since the earlier hits aren't enough to get people off of the ledge when they're close.

While I was sending you the stages I noticed the game only allows you to send them to a single friend at a time. Seriously, what's up with that?

JulianImp

Well that was a bad jump.

I don't know what jump it was, but I bet it wasn't as bad as me somehow spending my second jump while trying to fair, jumping off the ledge and losing my final stock because it took my brain too long to process the fact that I didn't have my second jump and could've gotten out of it if I had used upB earlier.

I don't know what jump it was, but I bet it wasn't as bad as me somehow spending my second jump while trying to fair, jumping off the ledge and losing my final stock because it took my brain too long to process the fact that I didn't have my second jump and could've gotten out of it if I had used upB earlier.
That was actually my jump.

WTF Roy.

Also, how do you fight Pikmin? Feel like the best way is to play Super conservatively, and that's so lame. :(

TWILT

Banned
GGs Beats! I like your Roy setups; I think yours is the best one I've played so far. You planning to stick with him for a while? I'd like to play some more, but Sony E3 conference time lol.

Beats

GGs Beats! I like your Roy setups; I think yours is the best one I've played so far. You planning to stick with him for a while? I'd like to play some more, but Sony E3 conference time lol.

Good games TWILT. Nice Ryu so far! I need to figure out how to get onto the stage against him lol. Focus attack feels like it covers the ledge getup options. Yeah, I think I'm gonna stick with him. Love the way he feels. Also Roy's Up-B has some armor or something on it near the start, so it beat Shoryuken that one match. : p

Juni_

Ggs Juni, super sorry about the rollspam but Olimar is such an unknown matchup for me. :( You were pretty good though, keep it up!

Good games. I was using Alph though.

It helps to learn about the attributes of each pikmin type and keep track of what pikmin I have with me especially the one next in line.

JulianImp

That was actually my jump.

WTF Roy.

Also, how do you fight Pikmin? Feel like the best way is to play Super conservatively, and that's so lame. :(

Haha. Maybe it's some kind of bug? Seriously, I'm sure I jumped once to chase after Dimitri and did a lone fair, and next thing I knew I couldn't double jump back onstage. I know that kind of thing can happen with Sonic and his spin dash, but with Roy...

I'm liking forward B more and more as a way to rack damage up, but I still haven't embraced the advantages that come from having a counter at my disposal. The fact that it kills vertical momentum on activation has thrown me off a couple of times, since it sometimes leads into me stalling in midair while my opponent was expecting to nair me with an attack, not countering it and then getting punished to hell and back for landing next to them while under counter's cooldown.

Also, can't you nair to stop flying Pikmin?

Shenmue 3 could be a reality, every single one of you better fund it or I will never forgive you.

I can't believe what I have just witnessed.

Who wants to play and complete this wonderful day?

Masked Man

I said wow
Finally reunited with my boy Claus! <3
zlCfzTd3vxUiwH2LZJ

MaskedMan, what is the deal with gray haired Lucas?

Other people have already answered, but yeah it's based off of the one and only Masked Man. :D

Played a decent Japanese Falcon player who started the first match spammingsmashes (I won that one), but then he suddenly stopped fooling around and beat me two times before finally switching his name to DIE and leaving. Sheesh.

Proof that CF players around the world are all rude AF. :3

Top Bottom