• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
Seems like samus vs little Mac is impossiburu

He has way too good of frame date for me to do anything
His back roll is 2 gud

Boney

Banned
It's a pretty stressful match for Little Mac too, but then again, pretty much every match is like that. Off stage, I live in fear of the back air.
Hard for me to get you off the stage if I can hit you 4 times in the match >.>

Plus it's not like it's a guaranteed ko. It's a 50/50 at best

Woooooooo freaking finally
Pretty surprised that down smash killed. Horrible di on your part but still

Boney

Banned
Sigh, really nothing to do about you rolling back and then punishing. So infuriating

Oh boy, lucked out on the ko punch and the shield break

Life finds a way

Last one for me!

Aaaaaaand leaving in a super high note phew good games.

But seriously, there's nuttin to do with samus. You can roll and ran and punish me out of a tilt of mine.

GGs Snacks, I appreciate your Lucas. My Ryu is super fraudulent lol, couldn't pull off many combos with him but you were on point with your grab follow ups! Learned a bunch of new things, and that was an exciting low tier last match. :) Hope you keep at it.

Beats

So, it looks like Roy can nullify some projectiles with F-tilt. When I was fighting TWILT earlier I could beat both hadokens with it. You'll either clash or just cut right through them depending on your timing. I haven't tried it with all projectiles or some of the stronger ones like Samus' charge shot though.

edit: Jab works too, but I find it's easier with F-tilt.

Goddamn Mewtwo nerf.

What happened to him?

So, it looks like Roy can nullify some projectiles with F-tilt. When I was fighting TWILT earlier I could beat both hadokens with it. You'll either clash or just cut right through them depending on your timing. I haven't tried it with all projectiles or some of the stronger ones like Samus' charge shot though.

What happened to him?
Like half of the characters that you could get a knockdown on in Battlefield via Confusion escape it now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know I might be too late on this, but I just found out that Ryu have two ways to cancel some projectiles like Samus's Beams, Missiles and Hadoken.

GGs Twilt. I wish Mewtwo worked that fluidly against every character. That is what he would play like if his goddamn stupid hitboxes got fixed. -_-

Ryu's Fsmash comes out crazy fast. o_O

TWILT

Banned
GGs Karst. Mewtwo seems difficult for Ryu; really hard to get in with and Hadouken's not quite strong enough to fight back with a charged Shadow Ball. I admit could have been more patient with the character, but it's still only day 2 with him. Want to practice with the character some more. I should find time tomorrow to practice with my actual mains though lol.

Man, Ryu's smashes come out quick. I'm taking so many of them on FG esp during laggy connections.

Roy is a lot of fun though. It's pretty tough adjusting from Marth/Lucina, since the f-airs have so much endlag.

GGs Karst. Mewtwo seems difficult for Ryu; really hard to get in with and Hadouken's not quite strong enough to fight back with a charged Shadow Ball. I admit could have been more patient with the character, but it's still only day 2 with him. Want to practice with the character some more. I should find time tomorrow to practice with my actual mains though lol.
What you experienced is what most people deal with against Mewtwo, because they don't have teleport attacks or move at the speed of light. :p

An uncharged Shadow Ball canceled Hadoken out, but sometimes it wobbled under it so they missed each other.

I was constantly caught off guard by the lack of landing lag on SRK. You know, in my mind that is a free punish with all the time in the world on the ground, haha.

Would there be any benefit to FADCing Shadow Ball instead of shielding? Maybe more offensive pressure? I would probably B-stick with Ryu just for that.

I played quite a few matches against Roy today. Well, all the new characters really, but he was the one that stuck to me the most.
I have a feeling he might be superior to Lucina and Marth. His attacks are a lot faster with less range, it makes him very hard to punish. I didn't notice a lot of ending lag on his regulars, but while his smashes come out very fast, they're pretty to punish.

One thing that stuck to me the most is how insanely fast his forward B recovers. It has a pretty good hitbox and is nigh impossiburu to punish. Overall he is a VERY fast character.

His up B recovery is not as much as a threat as Lucina's and Marth's, doesn't come out as fast and doesn't have that much of a weird hitbox, but it seems to go on an angle, seemingly doing a better job at recovering but not killing as much.

Any other impressions? I wonder if Roy can become B+ ~ A+ tier.

I played quite a few matches against Roy today. Well, all the new characters really, but he was the one that stuck to me the most.
I have a feeling he might be superior to Lucina and Marth. His attacks are a lot faster with less range, it makes him very hard to punish. I didn't notice a lot of ending lag on his regulars, but while his smashes come out very fast, they're pretty to punish.

One thing that stuck to me the most is how insanely fast his forward B recovers. It has a pretty good hitbox and is nigh impossiburu to punish. Overall he is a VERY fast character.

His up B recovery is not as much as a threat as Lucina's and Marth's, doesn't come out as fast and doesn't have that much of a weird hitbox, but it seems to go on an angle, seemingly doing a better job at recovering but not killing as much.

Captain Falcon speed and power.
Marth range.

FSLink showed up but he isn't posting. Hm.

Good games if you're done, Solar.

Yeah, GGs to you too. Man I had no idea Lucas' pk fire would be so annoying lol

I just hate how often I sd'd trying to air counter :T

The bolded depends, it kills at around 100% when used on the ground but the air version at 150%. His dash is as fast as Sheik's, but he has the issue that he share's Marth frame data of how long it takes for him to be able to act out of it; this means he covers distance fast but he's also vulnerable during it. Also, I wouldn't call his side B safe but that's me.

The bolded depends, it kills at around 100% when used on the ground but the air version at 150%. His dash is as fast as Sheik's, but he has the issue that he share's Marth frame data of how long it takes for him to be able to act out of it; this means he covers distance fast but he's also vulnerable during it. Also, I wouldn't call his side B safe but that's me.
I had no idea Roy was so fast. :O

His side B can eat up a shield if your opponent doesn't have an attack he can do out of jump-cancel shield in 3 frames.

Basically don't hit a shielding Doc up close.

Top Bottom