• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

That was the first time I played palutena's temple. Never again, who designed that clusterfuck :p
2nM6PNl.gif

Burgers

Neo Member
So I have been playing a ton of Donkey Kong in For Glory Mode recently and I have been having a lot of trouble with Zero Suit, Shiek, and Ness. I find I can stay in the game with careful dodging and being very reserved in my fighting but I feel like I am always barely hanging on.

Anyone here got any tips for me in regards to how to face this? I want to keep playing Donkey Kong but it feels like I have a handicap just by playing him

RomanceDawn

So I have been playing a ton of Donkey Kong in For Glory Mode recently and I have been having a lot of trouble with Zero Suit, Shiek, and Ness. I find I can stay in the game with careful dodging and being very reserved in my fighting but I feel like I am always barely hanging on.

Anyone here got any tips for me in regards to how to face this? I want to keep playing Donkey Kong but it feels like I have a handicap just by playing him

For ZSS and Ness you have to power sield with the pk fire and paralyzer. For ZSS you need to immediately spot dodge right after because she generally grabs you. Dodge it and you can punish. It's a fairly tough match up because of the paralyzer. With Ness if you get hit by pk fire escape with upB and go for the ledge.

Once you are in the air by either of them it's so hard to get back on the ground. Approach with triple back airs it helps to fake people out. I don't remember much though but the match is in their favor. Not impossible but it's what you get for going big.

jorgejjvr

Ah, maybe that's it. I can't shield the bike, lol.

Been repping Palutena lately because I got burned early on as Mac, but I want to revive my favorite little pugilist!
Ahhh I see another one falls... Lol. I still main Mac, I also main someone else for certain match ups that are bad for him. But certainly use him on a daily basis. You were pretty good with him and we had some great games. I asked because I haven't had a mac v Mac with someone else that's good with him

Masked Man

I said wow
GGs, OoA! The lag was pretty noticeable, but I guess we can't do much about that. D: Fun playing with you, though!

Ahhh I see another one falls... Lol. I still main Mac, I also main someone else for certain match ups that are bad for him. But certainly use him on a daily basis. You were pretty good with him and we had some great games. I asked because I haven't had a mac v Mac with someone else that's good with him

Well, that's kind of you to say, haha. I'd really like to pick him back up, but it feels like it's a bit of an uphill struggle, you know?

GGs, OoA! The lag was pretty noticeable, but I guess we can't do much about that. D: Fun playing with you, though!

Well, that's kind of you to say, haha. I'd really like to pick him back up, but it feels like it's a bit of an uphill struggle, you know?
Yup, too bad about the lag. Let's try again later. It was fun fighting against Palutena, you don't see those much online.

jorgejjvr

The uphill struggle. That's the best part about playing as him ;) so fun and rewarding

Edit: I would definitely like to play you, that's for sure, whoever you use

Masked Man

I said wow
Yup, too bad about the lag. Let's try again later. It was fun fighting against Palutena, you don't see those much online.

Yeah, your Wario and Dedede were fun, too! I see DDD once in a while, but I never see Wario online over here in JP, so it was a nice change of pace. :)

The uphill struggle. That's the best part about playing as him ;) so fun and rewarding

That's true. Our boy Mac struggled his way to the top, and we get to live that same experience by playing as him! ;) I'll need to put in some serious work as Mac, though, to attain the same level of perfection you've got!

Mothman91

Ok I have several friends over, we have 6 controllers. I have a friend that couldn't come and he has a wiiu/smash brothers. Is it possible for all of us to play online?

Masked Man

I said wow
I'd definitely love to play you again, jorge--and absorb your infinite wisdom, lol.

Ok I have several friends over, we have 6 controllers. I have a friend that couldn't come and he has a wiiu/smash brothers. Is it possible for all of us to play online?

Pretty sure online with more than two people is impossible. :(

Top Bottom