• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Beats

Ay ay. GGs, and fun Marth dittos.

Approaching you ZSS is hard as nails, and so many scary set-ups with that down throw lol.

Good games! Too many SDs on my part. Ah well > . <.

With Marth you should definitely try using short hop fairs and f-tilt more often. I usually walk towards the opponent and throw out tilts/sh fairs at max range to apply pressure and that tends to work pretty well I find.

Vena

Good games! Too many SDs on my part. Ah well > . <.

With Marth you should definitely try using short hop fairs and f-tilt more often. I usually walk towards the opponent and throw out tilts/sh fairs at max range to apply pressure and that tends to work pretty well I find.

You whiffed a number of times with Samus, lol I wasn't sure how it was happening.

I've not fallen into a rhythm for the SHFF fairs but I was definitely noticing the range issues with nair. Right now I am trying to break my melee habits with Marth so I am taking it one step at a time but the tip is much appreciated. Can you do retreating fairs without swapping c-stick to attack?

TWILT

Banned
Thunder spike kills are so satisfying.

GGs DQ. Don't roll too much, and shield grab my aerial attacks some more; felt like I was getting away with some easily punishable ones.
Also, don't pick FD stages all the time. I felt like you were doing better when you were facing me on stages with platforms. :p

Thunder spike kills are so satisfying.

GGs DQ. Don't roll too much, and shield grab my aerial attacks some more; felt like I was getting away with some easily punishable ones.
Also, don't pick FD stages all the time. I felt like you were doing better when you were facing me on stages with platforms. :p
:( yah probably, I don't know when it's safe to do that though frankly, but against shulk it's probably a must otherwise he just walks all over you.. (people do that to me all the time You'd think I'd learn by now lol)
edit: I think that neutral air-a of Palutena's though is good against air dodges, I should use it more...

Beats

You whiffed a number of times with Samus, lol I wasn't sure how it was happening.

I've not fallen into a rhythm for the SHFF fairs but I was definitely noticing the range issues with nair. Right now I am trying to break my melee habits with Marth so I am taking it one step at a time but the tip is much appreciated. Can you do retreating fairs without swapping c-stick to attack?

If you fast fall the fairs they won't autocancel. I think you can do retreating fairs without swapping c-stick to attack, but I haven't really tried it. I remember people saying the timing was harder and it wasn't as effective compared to setting it to attack.

Vena

If you fast fall the fairs they won't autocancel. I think you can do retreating fairs without swapping c-stick to attack, but I haven't really tried it. I remember people saying the timing was harder and it wasn't as effective compared to setting it to attack.

That'll be the next thing I practice then! Soon all shall fear my Marf!

Ness has the advantage of annoying my opponent to death by yelling out attacks.

As a Ness main that sucks with anyone else, maybe I should try picking up a more awkward character?
Want more awkward? I'd love to see more GAWs.

I love it when people pick my main against me.

Olimar counters Diddy, though!

IMO, worst/best is all about what you struggle with. Diddy is hard for me, but Link makes me rage. I will fight any other character over Link, any day.
Shit, shoulda told me before we played Ranbats! I love me some Link.

Speaking of Ranbats, any bracket 2 people on right now? Hard for a night shifter to find matches...

Forkball

I played against a really good Villager yesterday. He hit bowling balls left and right. More people need to use the tree though.

ugoo18

Trying to perfect pivot feels like trying to thread a needle by strobe light especially when doing it to the right. I can manage it with variable consistency to the left although i feel like i'm tensing my entire arm to do it.

Any tips on this or any particular characters that are easier to learn it with, currently trying it out with Samus.

JoeInky

Game one - Voliko
Game two - Voliko
Game three - Voliko
Game four - Joe Inky
Game five - Joe Inky
Game six - Voliko
Game seven - Joe Inky
Game eight - Voliko

5-3 to Voliko

GGs, kinda pissed off about all those BReversed PKFlash's instead of pivot PK Fires though.

Made the same mistake as I did against TWILT and started off playing Ganon + Jiggs again, don't know why I even bother.

Anyone want to do some 2v2?

Game one - Voliko
Game two - Voliko
Game three - Voliko
Game four - Joe Inky
Game five - Joe Inky
Game six - Voliko
Game seven - Joe Inky
Game eight - Voliko

5-3 to Voliko

GGs, kinda pissed off about all those BReversed PKFlash's instead of pivot PK Fires though.

Made the same mistake as I did against TWILT and started off playing Ganon + Jiggs again, don't know why I even bother.

Anyone want to do some 2v2?

I'm up for 2v2.

Puruzi

Banned
Bah, was doing for glory and disconnected to join your room, so I gotta wait ten minutes. Pretty dumb you have to wait for friends as well.

See you in ten minutes then?

alright, i'll leave the room up and do something else, so join whenever you can

Top Bottom