• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Lol, I use both Wario and Dedede as my mains. They are so fun to play as, everything they do looks like a taunt :p

Ness has the advantage of annoying my opponent to death by yelling out attacks.

As a Ness main that sucks with anyone else, maybe I should try picking up a more awkward character?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So this is weird. I was doing full eight player smash with friends last night and my WiiU froze up twice, on like 75M and some other stage. We were able to play it other times, although we mostly picked Omega stages after that just in case, but has anyone had their WiiU freeze up?

JoeInky

Just had someone lose to my Ganondorf like 10 times, they obviously got salty and went Ganondorf and tried to spam flame choke, I beat them again and they ragequit, only to appear in my lobby again the moment they rejoined For Glory. They left again immediately.

It's so funny watching people do shit like that sometimes.

SaberVulcan

For those that play the game a shitton and are really good at it I have 2 questions.

1.Who is the most OP?

2.Who is the worst?

Personally, I find Rosalina as the most OP. Diddy definitely strong, but he is more conventionally strong and I feel I am able to handle him. I am not used to how Rosalina fights just yet.

Worst, I would agree on Olimar, but a shoutout goes out to WFT as well. I see no benefits to using her whatsoever.

JoeInky

Diddy is beyond Rosalina, she might be a matchup you just don't enjoy but Diddy is just ridiculous.

Is Olimar really worse than Dr. Mario though?

jorgejjvr

I will say best would be sonic, he's the most annoying character to play against on the whole roster, and in a way it's not that he's good, just that his game play is straight up annoying

And for worst probably WFT. Nobody even uses her. There's some good Olimar players out there

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It seems like Charizard is one of the worst. WFT feels mostly unplayed and undiscovered by everyone. I know plenty of people that have tried to go with Zard and gave up. Watching a lot of tournament streams, seems like Robin is pretty non-existent as well.

JoeInky

It seems like Charizard is one of the worst. WFT feels mostly unplayed and undiscovered by everyone. I know plenty of people that have tried to go with Zard and gave up. Watching a lot of tournament streams, seems like Robin is pretty non-existent as well.

There's nothing really wrong with Charizard or Robin, but there's nothing really special about them either, there's quite a few characters that are just plain better than them. Coupled with the fact that they're not really the most popular characters among the Smash fanbase (I think Robin is a "literally who?" character for most people) and you have two characters that won't really show up at tournaments that often.

When you main an awkward character like DDD it's hard using others lol.

I use Wario. I know. ;( My secondaries are ass compared to my Wario.

Lol, I use both Wario and Dedede as my mains. They are so fun to play as, everything they do looks like a taunt :p

Ok, it's decided. I'll try Wario for a bit.

Two characters I'm not SD-tier with is all I can hope for at this point... at least online.

Is it me or are there less Diddys and Little Macs in For Glory? I've played 4 hours straight now against many opponents but only came across 1 Little Mac, wich got easily destroyed and left after the first game. I haven't seen a single Diddy or Rosalina. Saw lots of Ness though but most of them weren't any good :p

Ok, it's decided. I'll try Wario for a bit.

Two characters I'm not SD-tier with is all I can hope for at this point... at least online.
Have fun, he's really fun to play as. Also got great recovery but using the bike for recovery may take some getting used to in the beginning.

jorgejjvr

Is it me or are there less Diddys and Little Macs in For Glory? I've played 4 hours straight now against many opponents but only came across 1 Little Mac, wich got easily destroyed and left after the first game. I haven't seen a single Diddy or Rosalina. Saw lots of Ness though but most of them weren't any good :p
Yeah I don't see them as much. I'm usually the Mac player. It's funny because on 3ds there were a bunch and people thought he was God tier op lol then on wii U that title went to Diddy and people disregarded Mac. I love him tho

Yeah I don't see them as much. I'm usually the Mac player. It's funny because on 3ds there were also bunch and people thought he was God tier op lol then on wii U that title went to Diddy and people disregarded Mac. I love him tho

Yeah your Mac is great. The ones I fight online usually not, so easy to gimp with Wario and DDD.

jorgejjvr

Yeah your Mac is great. The ones I fight online usually not, so easy to gimp with Wario and DDD.
Thanks! And your DDD is definitely one of the best. He does an attack, it feels like there's an opening but he can actually Dodge or attacks, it's funny how it seems you can punish but not really, you get punished instead lol

Anyways any 1 v 1?

JoeInky

I've not seen a Diddy in ages, months really.

I've seen one Rosalina, but she wasn't very good.

Seen an increase in Greninjas though.

A lot of Sonics as well, but since playing a really good player at a tournament, the ones that are on FG aren't as hard as they used to be.

Also I hate that Sakurai apparently discovered he could just make characters disappear for rolls and dodges in this game. It just looks dumb.

Just had someone lose to my Ganondorf like 10 times, they obviously got salty and went Ganondorf and tried to spam flame choke, I beat them again and they ragequit, only to appear in my lobby again the moment they rejoined For Glory. They left again immediately.

It's so funny watching people do shit like that sometimes.
I love it when people pick my main against me.

At the moment,

Best: Diddy
Worst: Olimar

There's disagreement, of course.
Olimar counters Diddy, though!

IMO, worst/best is all about what you struggle with. Diddy is hard for me, but Link makes me rage. I will fight any other character over Link, any day.

Top Bottom