• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Hey guys I'm relatively new to the series (played a little here and there on the cube and Wii) but I ike Smash on the Wii U but I'm having trouble getting good. I'm sure it's part of my approach since I've played a bunch of SSF4 this/last gen and was pretty good so I figure I'm just not getting used to the style of Smash.

Any tips or tutorials for a n00b?
Watching tournament or any high level play would more than likely help you out. Try watching what top players and do and learn from them. Often times I find myself learning from watching footage more than actually practicing myself.

Boney

Banned
Hey guys I'm relatively new to the series (played a little here and there on the cube and Wii) but I ike Smash on the Wii U but I'm having trouble getting good. I'm sure it's part of my approach since I've played a bunch of SSF4 this/last gen and was pretty good so I figure I'm just not getting used to the style of Smash.

Any tips or tutorials for a n00b?
Make sure you know the basics first, the properties of all your attacks, tilts and aerials which you're gonna be using the most. Then learn to shield, shield and dodge constantly, rolls can be good for setting up opportunities to retaliate while shielding can be used to punish with grabs, which are great for racking up damage.
There's a Maximilian video which covers the basics try googling it.

Stick to whatever character you find comfortable and go at it.

Vena

Ah, this was going to be my last one as well. GGs.

Oh woops, I turned off the WiiU lol.

Anyway, GGs! Thank you punishing all my bad plays as it helps greatly lol. The Rosa/Luma was quite scary with your chases lol. But it seems you have a few good chars in your pocket lol.

Would my nieces each need a copy of SSB 3DS if they wanted to play against each other in the same house?

For 3DS? Yes. Or just buy them a WiiU and one copy. :p

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2svdqj/congratulations_to_the_paragon_2015_smash_4/

Reddit sure is having a field day with "sm4sh is boring"/"all you have to do is stand there".

image.jpg

GGs Magius. You have some good characters. If you don't mind me critiquing, I'd say your biggest problem is the dependence on rolling. I started reading your rolls pretty easily and was able to punish, with Ness and Pac especially. I would mix in some short hopping attacks and other approach methods to keep the opponent guessing

Vena

Samus' down air is so easy to cancel, holy shit.

Since it only has a single hit frame, you can cancel its reliably on a connect on the ground, and it set's up immediately into a d-smash or tilt.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
GGs Magius. You have some good characters. If you don't mind me critiquing, I'd say your biggest problem is the dependence on rolling. I started reading your rolls pretty easily and was able to punish, with Ness and Pac especially. I would mix in some short hopping attacks and other approach methods to keep the opponent guessing

Yeah. And this time I didn't have to rush off because of reasons. They don't call you a Smash Champ for nothing though. But I beat you a few times with Ganon and Bowser and that's good enough for me.

I do want to work on spot dodging more instead of rolling.

Your Ness is top form though.

Yeah. And this time I didn't have to rush off because of reasons. They don't call you a Smash Champ for nothing though. But I beat you a few times with Ganon and Bowser and that's good enough for me.

I do want to work on spot dodging more instead of rolling.

Your Ness is top form though.

I admit I was salty when I felt like I had that match in control with Link vs Bowser and you hit me with that charged up smash to win, lol

So someone on Twitter just told me that Young Link being added as a playable character to Hyrule Warriors has caused some people to believe he'll be added as a DLC character to Smash as well.

Is this, like, a movement? Why would anyone in their right mind think this? Toon Link is essentially the same exact character as Young Link, only better. No way they'd have three Links in the roster (two of which would be the same) before they'd bring back Wolf or Lucas.

Or maybe this guy is fibbing and "some people" really means "him/her." :p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I admit I was salty when I felt like I had that match in control with Link vs Bowser and you hit me with that charged up smash to win, lol

Shellguard FTW. I was all "there it is".

A character I really want to use more is Palutena though since it's basically a weaker Ganondorf with more tools.

So someone on Twitter just told me that Young Link being added as a playable character to Hyrule Warriors has caused some people to believe he'll be added as a DLC character to Smash as well.

Is this, like, a movement? Why would anyone in their right mind think this? Toon Link is essentially the same exact character as Young Link, only better. No way they'd have three Links in the roster (two of which would be the same) before they'd bring back Wolf or Lucas.

Or maybe this guy is fibbing and "some people" really means "him/her." :p

I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to add more cloney clones to pad the roster.

Top Bottom