• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

DooD1234

You know what forget you guys. I don't need (online) friends to have fun when I got amiibos. I'll just start my own party and then start a 1v1 tournament with these friends come to life figures. The best part, I don't have to hear them complain when I beat them badly. Have a good night SmashGaf.

let me know if there some room for FFA/teams.

Vena

You know what forget you guys. I don't need (online) friends to have fun when I got amiibos. I'll just start my own party and then start a 1v1 tournament with these friends come to life figures. The best part, I don't have to hear them complain when I beat them badly. Have a good night SmashGaf.

Gimme a few more rounds of this nonsense and I can do some 1v1s with ya. :D

Where's your Captain Rage Quit 69 amiibo

Yeah thought so. :p

RomanceDawn

TWILT man you're pretty awesome. I couldn't touch Link, though I was waiting for him later on. The first few matches something was going on with me. Oh and every time I flair blitzed to death I was trying to rock smash. That's been happening a lot lately.

Other wise those were some good matches. After you stopped picking Link and when I stopped picking Charizard(lol) the matches were pretty back and forth. Your skill is the real deal man.

Eh. I don't care either way. Bowser got a lot of good stuff this game, and he can't have everything.

The #1 change I would want for Bowser is for Fortress to latch when Bowser is facing away from the stage. Failed ledge chases are guaranteed pain for him right now. No other character has this problem.
Ike says hi.

If a doubles tournament were to happen, it should just be up to the players to find their own teams, without restrictions. It'd be kinda silly to limit how teams should be formed in a tournament for fairness; we've got stuff like the ranbats to balance that out.
As long as Shamrock and Nabster don't team up...

Dang man I'm sorry to read this. Find a friend who is good at the game. Do it co-op with a bunch of equips that make it hard to die. You won't have to do master fortress at all.
Whaaaa it doesn't have to be solo?!?

Edit: Confirmed. I'm dumb.

TWILT

Banned
TWILT man you're pretty awesome. I couldn't touch Link, though I was waiting for him later on. The first few matches something was going on with me. Oh and every time I flair blitzed to death I was trying to rock smash. That's been happening a lot lately.

Other wise those were some good matches. After you stopped picking Link and when I stopped picking Charizard(lol) the matches were pretty back and forth. Your skill is the real deal man.

Thanks! You were a great opponent too! I was trying to fit in practice with all the characters I use, though if there's a particular character you want me to stick with (Link's my secondary), just say so!

DK's your main, I assume? Best one I've played so far. Wish my Shulk did better since he's my main, but ah well, something I gotta work on. :p Let's play again sometime!

RomanceDawn

Thanks! You were a great opponent too! I was trying to fit in practice with all the characters I use, though if there's a particular character you want me to stick with (Link's my secondary), just say so!

DK's your main, I assume? Best one I've played so far. Wish my Shulk did better since he's my main, but ah well, something I gotta work on. :p Let's play again sometime!

I went to a live tournament with a Shulk that made it to semi finals in the winners bracket and he was nothing compared to your Shulk. I'm glad I got at least one overwhelming win with Charizard against him.

Thanks and yes, DK is my main while Bowser and Charizard are my secondaries. I just picked up Charizard about a week or so ago so still getting the hang of his options.

You don't have to pick Link, he was just the only one I couldn't beat, I was hoping for more. It's no surprise that with the characters I like to pick, other guys with lots of projectiles are a nightmare for me.

GGs Cronoc. Your Bowser has improved a lot.

Ike says hi.

As long as Shamrock and Nabster don't team up...

Whaaaa it doesn't have to be solo?!?
Ike has his side B, which is one of the best recovery moves in the game. Don't give me that crap. And you can B reverse his up B. I gimp with Ike all the time, easy. Plus, Ike doesn't even need to chase. His B hits below the stage and schools fools. At least learn something about the character before saying something so snarky.

Ike has his side B, which is one of the best recovery moves in the game. Don't give me that crap. And you can B reverse his up B. I gimp with Ike all the time, easy. Plus, Ike doesn't even need to chase. His B hits below the stage and schools fools. At least learn something about the character before saying something so snarky.

There are times where he doesn't even need his B, when counter does enough of a good job to shove people away. And don't even get me started on bair stage spikes...

W-wait a minute, b-reverse Aether? What does that mean? :O

Cronox

Banned

I was writing this as a PM but I saw you posted here, so I'll put it here for all to see:

Unorganized postmatch thoughts:

-I'm sweaty now
-You have much better stage control than I do, I don't know why I like to stay near the edges.
-Landing lag on everything including airdodges really makes getting back to the ground an ordeal in this game.
-So goddamn sick of fucking mispressed inputs
-Some hilarious SDs on stage transitions... fuck that last one on castle siege that killed us both, what the hell...
-You have better off-stage game than I do, generally
-I don't think I blocked more than one full fortress the entire time. Damn multihit attacks...
-The grab release is just a perfect way to get me to SD... oy. And usually when I'm in the lead too. And yes, it really does suck that Bowser can't sweet spot the ledge properly when his back is turned to the stage.

That custom certainly makes Bowser get around quicker, but I think that's part of the problem actually. Because it's so quick you're tempted to use it on approaches, and it is still in fact quite punishable on shield. Not actually sure if it's the better side-b special. Probably on a character by character basis? I'd like to unlock it myself though :/

That's fine that he has other options. That wasn't the original point. You said Bowser's Up B can't grab a ledge when facing the wrong way, and that nobody else has that problem. Ike does. I was providing a counter-example. But go ahead and call it snarky if you like.

I was writing this as a PM but I saw you posted here, so I'll put it here for all to see:

Unorganized postmatch thoughts:

-I'm sweaty now
-You have much better stage control than I do, I don't know why I like to stay near the edges.
-Landing lag on everything including airdodges really makes getting back to the ground an ordeal in this game.
-So goddamn sick of fucking mispressed inputs
-Some hilarious SDs on stage transitions... fuck that last one on castle siege that killed us both, what the hell...
-You have better off-stage game than I do, generally
-I don't think I blocked more than one full fortress the entire time. Damn multihit attacks...
-The grab release is just a perfect way to get me to SD... oy. And usually when I'm in the lead too. And yes, it really does suck that Bowser can't sweet spot the ledge properly when his back is turned to the stage.

That custom certainly makes Bowser get around quicker, but I think that's part of the problem actually. Because it's so quick you're tempted to use it on approaches, and it is still in fact quite punishable on shield. Not actually sure if it's the better side-b special. Probably on a character by character basis? I'd like to unlock it myself though :/
I agree with everything you said here except for the comment on the custom. It was my first time using it, so I was really excessive to see how it works in various situations. All those times you shield grabbed it were tests on my end to see when I can be grabbed.

Yes, he can b-reverse his aether, everyone can do that lol.
Everyone EXCEPT for Bowser.

That's fine that he has other options. That wasn't the original point. You said Bowser's Up B can't grab a ledge when facing the wrong way, and that nobody else has that problem. Ike does. I was providing a counter-example. But go ahead and call it snarky if you like.
You don't get it. Ike can B reverse his up B so it latches. Bowser can't. Hence, Ike can latch while facing away, because you can B reverse. Bowser can't.

Cronox

Banned
Ike says hi.

Guys I think what InvincibleAgent means is, if Ike is under the stage and aims his up-b toward the edge, he won't grab it. So if you're significantly under the left side of the stage, you have to counter-intuitively Aether to the right (left = death, or if you're lucky you land on-stage) and make the stage do the work. This is a change from Brawl, where it sweetspotted either way. It can be annoying for an Ike player, especially if it's a stage where it's hard to trust that it'll guide your aether properly to the ledge.

Guys I think what InvincibleAgent means is, if Ike is under the stage and aims his up-b toward the edge, he won't grab it. So if you're significantly under the left side of the stage, you have to counter-intuitively Aether to the right (left = death, or if you're lucky you land on-stage) and make the stage do the work. This is a change from Brawl, where it sweetspotted either way. It can be annoying for an Ike player, especially if it's a stage where it's hard to trust that it'll guide your aether properly to the ledge.
Yeah, but I started the conversation, and that isn't what I am talking about.

It's basically facing in one direction, doing your special and immediately move the control stick really quickly in the opposite direction to do your special the other way. It works for most specials.

Oh, um thank you. I guess I do that with a lot of specials then, but I didn't think I could with Aether.

Top Bottom