• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Finally crossed the 100 hour mark. I also unlocked all stages (I don't play solo much...) and I beat 70/140 challenges. Now, I need to stop for the day.

It was me, Dio!

61b.gif

Okay, funky monkey uair spam aside, GGs for reals guys. Vena, Enforced, Tipster, DQ~

Good games guys! Super fun as per usual! Not so sure about some of those item and stage choices though...

TWILT! Are you still around? Sorry it took so long, did you still want to play?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
That custom certainly makes Bowser get around quicker, but I think that's part of the problem actually. Because it's so quick you're tempted to use it on approaches, and it is still in fact quite punishable on shield. Not actually sure if it's the better side-b special. Probably on a character by character basis? I'd like to unlock it myself though :/

Perfectly spaced Aerial Dash Slash isn't punishable on shield since Bowser can go into anything he wants immediately. So he can grab you, Bowser Bomb you, whatever you want.

Masked Man

I said wow
Ranbats update: haven't been able to get a hold of Malajax via PM, and I haven't seen him around the thread, so I'm guessing he's gone inactive...?

Anyone wants to play?
Ranbats update: haven't been able to get a hold of Malajax via PM, and I haven't seen him around the thread, so I'm guessing he's gone inactive...?
Yeah, I don't think I've seen him post for a while either. It would suck if he also got banned, bracket 3 is enough of a graveyard already.

Perfectly spaced Aerial Dash Slash isn't punishable on shield since Bowser can go into anything he wants immediately. So he can grab you, Bowser Bomb you, whatever you want.

Definitely not true. He was shield grabbing me while I was a full character height off the ground. The move was highly punishable on block unless I landed behind him afterward. Attacking from the front is always punishable with a shield grab before Bowser can get anything off.

Clefargle

So I've almost got all the equip, but I was looking at the list if effects and for some reason I havnt gotten these two yet:

Anchor Jump: 1.4x speed when falling.

Lo-Jump: 0.7x jump height from the ground.

I think combined with Smooth Lander would make for an interesting level of technical competence. Anybody tried these yet?

So I've almost got all the equip, but I was looking at the list if effects and for some reason I havnt gotten these two yet:

Anchor Jump: 1.4x speed when falling.

Lo-Jump: 0.7x jump height from the ground.

I think combined with Smooth Lander would make for an interesting level of technical competence. Anybody tried these yet?
Lol, by the sound of that it would turn everyone into a heavyweight regarding jumping. You probably wouldn't need to shorthop anymore.

I feel it would also kill recovery, though. '~'

Everyone should have ranbat game 5 played by today.

Props to people who already finished all of their matches for the season. :)

I was going to make a fuss about how my remaining people haven't shown their face here in a while, but by the looks of it they'll be removed by the end of the day. Guess I'm done this season too. :)

Just in case though, if the following are here and want to complete their ranbat with me today, please PM me.

BigFwoosh
CommanderPepper

Curious, what do people do here for their c-stick aerials? Do you have it to smash or to tilt? I can't decide which I prefer more, the tilt control and aerial movement more akin to melee more easily (as well as a quick access neutral while moving), or smash for the various cancels but with somewhat more difficult aerial mobility.
I personally set my C-stick to attack, so not only can I more reliably tilt but I don't have to worry about loss of momentum when doing aerials. Plus, considering they added charging smash attacks to the c-stick, I feel now it's lost most of its advantage.

Top Bottom