• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Great set Tipster. A few of those went down to the wire. I really thought you were going to take game 1 when you brought it all back

edit: sure man. I will rejoin

Great set Tipster. A few of those went down to the wire. I really thought you were going to take game 1 when you brought it all back

edit: sure man. I will rejoin

Yeah I was feeling pretty good in all but the fourth match. Your Ness is as beast as I remember, glad to see you keep improving too!

edit: Thanks for playing! Good stuff there, especially the Brawler!

DooD1234

I may have missed something, but aren't there only 2 Diddy's in this? There are more Sheik's than Diddy's.
No, I came in a Diddy ditto is all. Plus all the Diddy try to go for that down throw up air real hard. Definitely whole lot of sheik now that I'm sitting down and watching. Nairo Zelda was impressive against False sheik. And Will is pretty damn great as DK. Gave Wario a really hard time.

And as I finish this post Will got curb stomped by Keitaro Diddy lol.

Vena

Nairo proceeds to destroy the competition with ZSS. Too bad he seem to have drop Robin though. Robin slow movement and terrible grab range doesn't help.

If Nosferatu were a bit faster coming out, he'd be a lot better but even his command grab is terrible, lol.

I wish regular ole-Samus were as good as ZSS. :9 My poor Melee mains are both so not-as-good in this game lol. Though after switching Marth to a-stick controls, he's a lot more fluid and his tilts can kill almost as much as his smashes with a tipper in this game.

I forgot that Mega Man + Flat stage = Loss. :p

GGs Tipster, I still have a long way to go improvement wise, but the fact I can confidently use Fox and MK means a lot to me.

Right now I still think I get the best results with Falco, but that may just be because of the time I invested in him. I'm hoping eventually Fox will become my go-to with MK/Falco being my secondaries. I just couldn't bear to pull out my rusty ass Falco on you though, you deserve better!

Right now I still think I get the best results with Falco, but that may just be because of the time I invested in him. I'm hoping eventually Fox will become my go-to with MK/Falco being my secondaries. I just couldn't bear to pull out my rusty ass Falco on you though, you deserve better!

Hah hah, I don't know. Your Falco roughs me up something fierce.

I'd say your Fox is pretty brutal though. You kept catching me with that double jab to grab combo. That, on top of you were making it very difficult to keep you out of my face and for me to approach.

It was an interesting few matches trying to figure out what to do! I'd say him and Falco are you besties at this point!

Though your Ike was pretty intense too, now that I think about it.

Vena

I forgot that Mega Man + Flat stage = Loss. :p

GGs Tipster, I still have a long way to go improvement wise, but the fact I can confidently use Fox and MK means a lot to me.

You should be on later so that I can test myself against your characters too! :p

Hah hah, I don't know. Your Falco roughs me up something fierce.

I'd say your Fox is pretty brutal though. You kept catching me with that double jab to grab combo. That, on top of you were making it very difficult to keep you out of my face and for me to approach.

It was an interesting few matches trying to figure out what to do! I'd say him and Falco are you besties at this point!

Though your Ike was pretty intense too, now that I think about it.

The very moment I realized your bomb and tornado were technically projectiles, I felt Euphoric.

Yep, Fox is basically a faster, combo-riffic but frailer Falco. I enjoy him tons. <3 Ironically, I can't play either of them for shit in any other Smash game so Sm4sh is really new territory for me.

The fact you kept learning during our matches kept my mind sharp too, as I tried to figure out whether you could counter certain things or if I had conditioned you properly.

You should probably test out a secondary yourself, though I'd say your Mega Man has you covered on all fronts at the moment. You really make the most out of all his tools, I don't think even Leaf Shield gets ignored.

Ah, Ike is a real toughie to win with, since if he's dealing with someone with projectiles or who can outrange and outspeed him, it's basically a super-uphill battle. He's all fundamentals to me. :/

@Vena: I could be on later if you want, but I'm rather worn out physically. Simply put, I need some Wii Fit in my life. ><;;; We can still play though!

The very moment I realized your bomb and tornado were technically projectiles, I felt Euphoric.

Hard knuckle is reflectable too. --;

Thanks for the compliments, but I've got a lot of work to do as well. I still flub inputs like it's my job. Up tilt is a crazy good tool, but I don't work it in enough. And I knowingly don't use the neutral/forward a that much (though in Mega Man dittos, I am usually forced to).

Plus droppin' Metal Blades is supposedly all the rage, but I kinda just like tossin' them right out.

Plenty to learn, haha. But again, thanks for playing.

Maengun1

Oh my God.

For the first time ever in the more than 2 months since the game came out, I managed to reach Master Fortress on Classic 9.0 without having lost a single life (for the challenge where you have to beat it all with no lives lost).

I was playing as Bowser. I've never been more careful playing anything in my life. I almost ran the clock out because I was cautiously taking out every single enemy in the fortress one at a time.

I made my way through, killing all the hearts. Finally I got to the very last chamber and killed every single enemy there was. I had to stifle a scream of joy. I finally did it.

I jumped up to the platform under the last heart..........and bumped into the danger zone on the wall. Dead. No win. Downgraded to 8.5.

This might seriously be the closest I've ever come to crying over a video game. Was probably my 100th attempt at that damn challenge (9 out of 10 times, I lose a life before I even get the Master Hand/Crazy Hand battle).

:sigh:

RomanceDawn

Oh my God.

For the first time ever in the more than 2 months since the game came out, I managed to reach Master Fortress on Classic 9.0 without having lost a single life (for the challenge where you have to beat it all with no lives lost).

I was playing as Bowser. I've never been more careful playing anything in my life. I almost ran the clock out because I was cautiously taking out every single enemy in the fortress one at a time.

I made my way through, killing all the hearts. Finally I got to the very last chamber and killed every single enemy there was. I had to stifle a scream of joy. I finally did it.

I jumped up to the platform under the last heart..........and bumped into the danger zone on the wall. Dead. No win. Downgraded to 8.5.

This might seriously be the closest I've ever come to crying over a video game. Was probably my 100th attempt at that damn challenge (9 out of 10 times, I lose a life before I even get the Master Hand/Crazy Hand battle).

:sigh:

Dang man I'm sorry to read this. Find a friend who is good at the game. Do it co-op with a bunch of equips that make it hard to die. You won't have to do master fortress at all.

Top Bottom