• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Went into a minor online community tournament recently and had a great time but got swindled out of a potential second place after my opponent switched to Diddy after the first round. The third round was a close one after he did another character switch. Ended up fourth all in all after losing a third place final.

I suppose fourth ain't too bad. I'm just really beating myself up because of that incredibly close Diddy round where I could have gone to finals. Contemplating whether I should pursue some competitive pastures eventually in the future.

If you think you can do better, then I say go for it! Becoming stronger is half the game, the other half being having fun!

Also Ganon pls

uptilt for days

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Definitely not true. He was shield grabbing me while I was a full character height off the ground. The move was highly punishable on block unless I landed behind him afterward. Attacking from the front is always punishable with a shield grab before Bowser can get anything off.

I emphasize "perfectly spaced".

For fun you could also Air slash past an opponent and go right into a Ftilt or dropkick.

But really if you use Dash Slash you use Air Slash.

Using base Dash Slash should mainly be for mobility and clanking out small projectiles.

--------------------

Ganon's dash attack has no SA but it does have high priority on the initial frame.

Also has Autoguard on the foot of his Upsmash.

Best custom set for him honestly is either WP/WB, Flame Choke, Dark Fists, WDK

Masked Man

I said wow
Everyone should have ranbat game 5 played by today.

Props to people who already finished all of their matches for the season. :)

I wish I could say I had planned to finish all my matches early, but I think more than half of my bracket has been disqualified, so it was largely unintentional on my part. :p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I wish I could say I had planned to finish all my matches early, but I think more than half of my bracket has been disqualified, so it was largely unintentional on my part. :p

Yeah I loved how half of the bracket just died off. Maybe it's because I play Bowser.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
lol, I think there were a number of extenuating circumstances unrelated to character choice, especially seeing as Karst's bracket is still completely intact.

I was being funny. Although I faced one guy and he was all "How does one fight the Meta Knight".

jnWake

Trying to learn Marth is really testing my perseverance haha. He's pretty hard to use properly online because many of his moves rely on timing (tippers and stuff). Also, most projectile characters completely wreck me.

One guy was destroy me with Mega Man being super lame. Going to edges and throwing Metal Blade waiting for me to approach. I then switched to Yoshi and completely out-lamed him with eggs haha. It was great. Then I out-lamed him with ROB. Don't ask for projectile spam because you'll get it!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You know how Sakurai said transformations meant a separate character slot?

Where's my completely playable Mega Pokemon and Giga Bowser and Wario Man and stuff.

Playable Ganon was so close.

>:U

Top Bottom