• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Love Mario Kart 8 stage, i try to play on it often because stupid for glory mode.

And damn you wrecked me there, and I don't have the I don't know Mii gunner excuse anymore :p

Variety is good, which is why I try to push Wuhu and Duck Hunt when I can. :)

Haha, it's more from the fact that I play Ike too. Unfortunately, I don't know Ghirahim's moves. :p

Nabster92

U2f5kGB.png

My day 1 pool for Apex. Gotta get top 2 out of this to make it to top 128 for day 2.

Anyone else here going?

U2f5kGB.png

My day 1 pool for Apex. Gotta get top 2 out of this to make it to top 128 for day 2.

Anyone else here going?

Hot damn, you're actually going? Hope you're on stream, and that weather doesn't shut you down.

Who among them do you think are going to be the real killers of your pool? Wish I could go, but oh well...

I'm sorry about that death lol. 2 more fights sound ok?

Hah, don't sweat it. Yeah, that sounds alright with me. :)

Boney

Banned
Great fights dude, fighting mii's was a great Change of pace, and you really got me good with that last meta knight fight.

Hope we do it again soon!

I think Samus would be a lot better in this game if she had a decent jab (like Palutena), then I'd play her more.
I saw Mii gunner's jab today and that's exactly what she needs, something that ends like that or robin's. It's her worst weakness but she's still alright I think.

Nabster92

Hot damn, you're actually going? Hope you're on stream, and that weather doesn't shut you down.

Who among them do you think are going to be the real killers of your pool? Wish I could go, but oh well...

Hah, don't sweat it. Yeah, that sounds alright with me. :)

Dunno, I'm assuming Dab is the highest seeded player. Not sure if the seeding is just listed in order. Most of the well known players in the other pools always seemed to be at the top of the list so I'm just guessing that's how it's set up.

Last year for Brawl I think I ended up getting 65th out of the 370 or so. Was one round away from getting into top 64 for day 2. Both losses to Snakes :/. At least I took a game off of Shogun's Snake from Japan.

Hopefully since I've at least been actively playing this Smash more than I was Brawl at the time, I can advance to day 2 this time.

Since I'm playing in Wave E, according to the schedule that's supposed to happen sometime between 5-7PM EST on Friday.

Dunno, I'm assuming Dab is the highest seeded player. Not sure if the seeding is just listed in order. Most of the well known players in the other pools always seemed to be at the top of the list so I'm just guessing that's how it's set up.

Last year for Brawl I think I ended up getting 65th out of the 370 or so. Was one round away from getting into top 64 for day 2. Both losses to Snakes :/. At least I took a game off of Shogun's Snake from Japan.

Hopefully since I've at least been actively playing this Smash more than I was Brawl at the time, I can advance to day 2 this time.

Since I'm playing in Wave E, according to the schedule that's supposed to happen sometime between 5-7PM EST on Friday.

I see, it's understandable if you're not sure.

Damn, that must've been a salty loss. One round away from playing another day. :O What was the atmosphere like? I want to prepare for when I begin entering tournaments.

I'll keep an eye out on stream and root for our SmashGAF rep then!

I like new Falco, he's actually a different character now. I'd recommend watching Keitaro's when he's not wasting his time easymoding on Diddy. He's got really solid aerial control/air game and edge guardian with his aerials now. His laser can KO now, also.
wat

U2f5kGB.png

Anyone else here going?
Good luck! Keep your luma close and your enemies closer.

TWILT

Banned
Up for some 1v1s if someone wants to play.

Fake Edit: Ohhh just saw your post, Tipster. We played a few yesterday, but I'm up for some if you are.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Tipster as usual. Ahhh, felt like I was off my game and could have played a lot better tonight, but oh well, no johns. Gotta practice more tomorrow. Good stuff; fun LoZ fights at the end.

GGs Tipster as usual. Ahhh, felt like I was off my game and could have played a lot better tonight, but oh well, no johns. Good stuff; fun LoZ fights at the end.

Great games, TWILT. Sorry for the lack of Mega Man, just wanted to try some of my secondaries.

Ganon vs Link is no fun, let me tell you. Good perfect shield practice though, I guess, haha.

Thanks for playing, they were fun as always.

Pila

OK guys, guess I'm pretty slow... HOW THE HELL can I play against one CPU opponent in single player mode?

If I select Smash mode from the main menu it looks like I can only play local multi... I know there is that classic mode where you fight the hand-like boss at the end but sometimes you fight against six people or something...

I just want to fight the CPU one VS one, I don't know how I can't find such a basic thing ^^ please help me out guys, tried with the manual and it says "You can play against cpu in smash mode" and that's it, pretty poor manual if you ask me...

OK guys, guess I'm pretty slow... HOW THE HELL can I play against one CPU opponent in single player mode?

If I select Smash mode from the main menu it looks like I can only play local multi... I know there is that classic mode where you fight the hand-like boss at the end but sometimes you fight against six people or something...

I just want to fight the CPU one VS one, I don't know how I can't find such a basic thing ^^ please help me out guys, tried with the manual and it says "You can play against cpu in smash mode" and that's it, pretty poor manual if you ask me...

You were doing it right. Click on the white boxes in the player areas until it gets to a CPU.

Top Bottom