• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Pila

Sorry bud I don't get it ^^ is it in Smash mode? I can only see a four players or eight players mode, if I enter those and I pick a character it doesn't let me go on, I have to pick another dude with another controller, it's local multi only?

Sorry bud I don't get it ^^ is it in Smash mode? I can only see a four players or eight players mode, if I enter those and I pick a character it doesn't let me go on, I have to pick another dude with another controller, it's local multi only?
Move your hand cursor over another player slot and click it. Then it should change to CPU and you can change its difficulty level.

Pila

Move your hand cursor over another player slot and click it. Then it should change to CPU and you can change its difficulty level.

Thank you, it's not very intuitive if you ask me, maybe I'm just slow for real. ^^

Good thing there is GAF, thanks again!

Aurora Sparkle

Neo Member
So hey guys, I just played a Pikachu on For glory and I swear for the life of me that he must have been hacking. I've heard some whispers about the game being hacked by some people before, but I was wondering if it was actually a possibility.

First off this Pikachu had literally no end lag to any of his attacks, it was like all his aerials were auto-cancelled, and he was able to spam Pika's down B thunder before the first bolt had even traveled to the ground. He was also able to kill my Rosalina at 60% using his F-smash and he wasn't even raged at the time.

I managed to save the replay of the second time I fought with him and I'm wondering if it's worth uploading to see if anyone can determine if there really was foul play going on during that match.

I mean, I know I'm not the best player ever, but Pikachu is one of my secondaries and I've never, EVER had his F-smash kill someone at less than 100% without rage (unless it's right near the edge), much less 60%.

What do you guys think, is there a possibility this guy was hacking? It's not like I'm unwilling to admit when someone is straight up better than me- but I've fought good Pikachus before, though it's never felt like the way this match went.

Ricky 7

I need to see the replay, I doubt it was a hack though. Pikachu's moves in general have little end lag and his forward smash was buffed in the update and Rosalina is one of the lightest characters. Still upload the video though so we can be certain.

FSLink

Banned
Highly doubtful it was a hack considering Wii U homebrew is pretty much dead at the moment outside of Wii mode stuff.

Though there was some stuff about Mario Kart 8 modifying so it's not impossible I suppose.

Aurora Sparkle

Neo Member
I've seen pictures on Game Faqs of a guy who hacked someone's For Glory match, and there was like a crazy Captain Falcon with a Monado Icon, Little Mac's KO bar, and all this other weird stuff, so I guess the hacking is possible, but I think you guys are probably right about this not being a hack.

I suppose it's just most likely that I've never gone up against a Pikachu that was this skilled in For Glory before, so it threw me for a loop. That and the match was kinda laggy so it was hard for me to focus on this Pika's constant pressure. There was one point in the match where he stood just outside of hitting range with his F-smash and spammed it in my face about 15 times. XD I eventually just gave up and rolled into his next one cause I was getting tired of being assaulted with a never ending stream of Thunder Jolts.

I've seen pictures on Game Faqs of a guy who hacked someone's For Glory match, and there was like a crazy Captain Falcon with a Monado Icon, Little Mac's KO bar, and all this other weird stuff, so I guess the hacking is possible, but I think you guys are probably right about this not being a hack.

I suppose it's just most likely that I've never gone up against a Pikachu that was this skilled in For Glory before, so it threw me for a loop. That and the match was kinda laggy so it was hard for me to focus on this Pika's constant pressure. There was one point in the match where he stood just outside of hitting range with his F-smash and spammed it in my face about 15 times. XD I eventually just gave up and rolled into his next one cause I was getting tired of being assaulted with a never ending stream of Thunder Jolts.
You do know photoshop exists, right? :p

There isn't one.

I don't know if it's the "character select screen" one (whatever that means), but Robin (Alt) Trophy is female Robin at least.

Here's Etikas video- I think he's got a link to the original video as well in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKZsT9g51U8

Now that I've brought it up again though it's a pretty old vid, so it could have been proven fake by now. Not sure. I think there are people in the comments saying it's a glitch- I've never had it happen to me though.

Looks pretty fake to me.

A Doctor Mario stage being planned makes a lot of sense actually. There's a new Doctor Mario remix, but it's just chucked onto 75m for some reason. Doctor Mario Fever is also included in the Famicom medley along with a bunch of other songs that are primary songs for stages (Temple, Skyworld, etc).

With all this Doctor Mario stuff, it makes me wonder if he was changed from a costume to a full character way earlier than the other two. He has the most work done of the three, Sakurai has talked a lot about him (more than most non-clones!), he has new music and a cut stage. Makes it disappointing his stage got cut AND he's lumped with the likes of Dark Pit.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Tetris Type B was also going to be moved there, along with Lip's Theme and the new Mario Paint medley that's stuck on Miiverse.

Masked Man

I said wow
Going to stray off topic a bit but Rhythm Heaven aapparently had an emblem at one point and it was listed with the other playable character emblems
http://smashboards.com/threads/official-character-discussion-thread.347464/page-1610#post-18453536

Hm, interesting. The character listing uses "MetalFace," but the JP name is "KuroFace" or "BlackFace." Everyone over there seems to think the guy sharing the data is credible, so maybe it was just a weird inconsistency on the part of the devs, but just throwing that out there for posterity. That said, I sure hope it's real if only to bolster the possibility of a Rhythm Heaven character coming to Smash via DLC.

Also, I didn't know you were a mod, Spin!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Tetris Type B was also going to be moved there, along with Lip's Theme and the new Mario Paint medley that's stuck on Miiverse.

Mario Paint being on the Miiverse stage makes sense considering they are both drawing platforms.

I still wonder if RT representation was almost completely removed because they hoped to release it as DLC later. The lack of music is because it was all tied to a stage that they didn't completely scrap unlike the Dr Mario stage theory above.

Nabster92

I see, it's understandable if you're not sure.

Damn, that must've been a salty loss. One round away from playing another day. :O What was the atmosphere like? I want to prepare for when I begin entering tournaments.

I'll keep an eye out on stream and root for our SmashGAF rep then!

I was kinda just more salty that my last game wasn't streamed despite being a losers finals match in my pool.

Big national tournies are always fun to go to even if you don't feel like you're up to par yet. You can get a lot of good practice either way. Since the venue is at a hotel and most people stay in the hotel as well, the time outside of tourney matches is kinda like living in dorms except everyone plays smash so you can just walk up into any interesting open rooms and get some friendlies in with people. Last year we had hungrybox drunkenly stumble into our room wearing a towel, noticed the lack of female presence in our room, just said "nope." And left.

This year should be even better for friendlies since all tourney setups are provided already so any setups brought by people will be used for friendlies/in hotel rooms.

Hm, interesting. The character listing uses "MetalFace," but the JP name is "KuroFace" or "BlackFace." Everyone over there seems to think the guy sharing the data is credible, so maybe it was just a weird inconsistency on the part of the devs, but just throwing that out there for posterity. That said, I sure hope it's real if only to bolster the possibility of a Rhythm Heaven character coming to Smash via DLC.

I asked him on Reddit. He says it's just a strange naming convention that was also present on the 3DS (which has unused data for Metal Face). The latter is true, and the 3DS version was hacked by several people, where he is also called Metal Face in the files.

Just inconsistent naming. Maybe they didn't want the name "Black Face" anywhere near the international release, even buried in code.

Argh. I've suspected since the Gematsu leaks that the Chorus Kids were in the game at one point but were cut for one reason or another, and this Rhythm Heaven emblem finding is just more reason to believe that to be the case. :(

But hopefully it also/alternatively means that they could still be coming as DLC. Though with Sakurai insisting that Mewtwo is the only character DLC they're working on and that they didn't even start on that until the game itself was out, I'm not too confident.

emb

Argh. I've suspected since the Gematsu leaks that the Chorus Kids were in the game at one point but were cut for one reason or another, and this Rhythm Heaven emblem finding is just more reason to believe that to be the case. :(

But hopefully it also/alternatively means that they could still be coming as DLC. Though with Sakurai insisting that Mewtwo is the only character DLC they're working on and that they didn't even start on that until the game itself was out, I'm not too confident.
I feel like we'll get one more. He insists that there are currently not plans for more, but that (purposefully?) leaves the door open.

Though honestly I'm much more excited to see what game Sakurai ends up working on next. As much as I love Smash, I hope it's something totally new and unexpected.

I imagine any cut character concepts will be saved for Smash 6 at this point.

My only realistic hope for DLC is Wolf, after Mewtwo, to go with the release of Star Fox U. Other than that... I don't see anything else happening.

Beats

They could just add a single icon for DLC characters and once you select it you can scroll through them with the d-pad or something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Of course Sakurai will say Mewtwo is the only one they are working on because that's the only DLC (apart from the promised feature set) that's been announced. This is a series that kept obvious veterans a mystery until they were ready to announce them.

TWILT

Banned
They could just add a single icon for DLC characters and once you select it you can scroll through them with the d-pad or something.

Yeah, that's what I think they're going to do.

It'd be a really big missed opportunity if Mewtwo's our only DLC character. Smash is the one game where I'd buy almost every piece of DLC.

Boney

Banned
Just got wrecked by a really good sheik player, it's hard to fight against a really good one because all of her air priority, especially with someone as slow as samus.

So, Anyone up for some 1v1? NNID boney64

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Who decides that is my question. I want Simon Belmont :(

Konami is loaded with potential when it comes to Smash. Castlevania, Goemon, Metal Gear. All the Hudson stuff: Bonk, Bomberman, Master Higgins. And I'm really depressed about Hudson in general. Those IPs seem to fit with Nintendo so well.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
How would you even fit more characters on the character select screen? Only got room for two more.

You are aware that a game designer could probably rewrite the definition file to add as many rows as they want and just look up any character in the shared folder where all the character definition files are.

I can vouch for PushDustin's credibility. iirc the 3DS files has "MetalFace", too.

Well, I only got modded last week. :p

Top Bottom