• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I'm struggling a lot as well lol!

Keep bombing into your up b and and I'm having a really hard time killing you now.

That's because I did what I should've done from the start and read the Meta Knight section on Smashboards, lol.

OK GGs, Boney! My body is currently wishing for death because I'm aching like shit, oh god it hurts so much, and I can't play like this anymore. Your Samus is fun, good to train against so I'm ready for projectile players!

And sorry for the SDs, I'm kinda in a learning process. :) Now back to KLK!

Puruzi

Banned
That's because I did what I should've done from the start and read the Meta Knight section on Smashboards, lol.

OK GGs, Boney! My body is currently wishing for death because I'm aching like shit, oh god it hurts so much, and I can't play like this anymore. Your Samus is fun, good to train against so I'm ready for projectile players!

And sorry for the SDs, I'm kinda in a learning process. :) Now back to KLK!

Good shit.

Good shit.

This isn't the thread for it, but I'll just say I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would. Giving me heavy FLCL vibes, and I love me some FLCL.

Wait a minute. It's 2015. FLCL. Naked female main character. Oh god, it's
Wolf confirmed DLC for Sm4sh
!

And in my dreams he'd be like his PM incarnation.

Alright, bear with me guys. I know you all don't like clones very much, but I guarantee only two of you have ever played Sm4sh Falco without immediately writing him off as Blue Fox (I should mention blue is the color of shit characters like Sonic the Chucklefuck and Male Lucina and that's insulting to Falco). Do not tell me you don't want this guy coming back.

wolf.jpg

Come on, he's even less cloney than Falco is (and he's already about as cloney as Green Good Wario) and Star Fox is having a new entry soon. Wolf was awesome, he had something that made him special. He fought like a heavy, but he wasn't one. He had strength, but he also had agility. He had the coolest blaster, and the best theme song too. Sakurai, change your mind and ditch old news Mewtwo for Wolf or I'm going to give you a piece of my mind!

Any other Wolf mains wanna back me up?

Puruzi

Banned
This isn't the thread for it, but I'll just say I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would. Giving me heavy FLCL vibes, and I love me some FLCL.

Wait a minute. It's 2015. FLCL. Naked female main character. Oh god, it's
Wolf confirmed DLC for Sm4sh
!

And in my dreams he'd be like his PM incarnation.

Alright, bear with me guys. I know you all don't like clones very much, but I guarantee only two of you have ever played Sm4sh Falco without immediately writing him off as Blue Fox (I should mention blue is the color of shit characters like Sonic the Chucklefuck and Male Lucina). Do not tell me you don't want this guy coming back.

wolf.jpg

Come on, he's even less cloney than Falco is (and he's already about as cloney as Green Good Wario) and Star Fox is having a new entry soon. Wolf was awesome, he had something that made him special. He fought like a heavy, but he wasn't one. He had strength, but he also had agility. He had the coolest blaster, and the best theme song too. Sakurai, change your mind and ditch old news Mewtwo for Wolf or I'm going to give you a piece of my mind!

Any other Wolf mains wanna back me up?
I didn't main Wolf, but he was cool as fuck, and I wouldn't mind seeing him come back in smash.

shaowebb

Honestly Wolf was already pretty removed from Fox compared to Falco. Wolf was like a rekka character with those scratches and played with a different mindset than either Fox/Falco. I felt it odd he got dumped considering the kept Falco. I thought if Wolf got dumped it'd be for someone like Krystal to add moveset diversity. Didn't really expect the Starfox brand to shrink in the game...especially now that a new Starfox is coming.

Dez_

Didn't have Wolf as a main, but I did like using him and Fox in Brawl, but I was always pretty bad at him. At least my brother found it amusing, since I had this habit of running off the stage with his side B too many times. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back as dlc. I want Lucas to come back though.

Golnei

Anyone know what Samus's customs are?
From the wiki:

Dense Charge Shot 4% (min), 27% (max) Takes longer to charge. Shots fired deal slightly more damage and travel extremely slowly; up to three can exist at once.
Melee Charge Shot 5% (min), 18% (max) Fires a "shotgun blast" of energy that only hits point-blank.
Relentless Missile 3% (homing), 12% (super) Missiles move much slower.
Turbo Missile 4% (homing), 9% (super) Missiles pause in the air once fired before shooting out at high speed.
Screw Rush 2% (loop), 5% (last) Deals damage more sporadically with more control.
Apex Screw Attack 2% (hit 1), 9% (ground hit 2), 7% (air hit 2) Moves only vertically and hits only twice.
Slip Bomb 2.5% (grounded explosion), 3.5% (aerial explosion) Bombs deal little damage, but trip grounded opponents and meteor aerial ones.
Mega Bomb 4% (contact), 9% (explosion) Can only have one out at a time, but deals more damage.

They could have been better, but the charge beam and missile customs make her a lot more fun to play. Though the naming scheme is indefensible - how could you give her a larger, more powerful bomb variant and not call it a Power Bomb?

Honestly Wolf was already pretty removed from Fox compared to Falco. Wolf was like a rekka character with those scratches and played with a different mindset than either Fox/Falco. I felt it odd he got dumped considering the kept Falco. I thought if Wolf got dumped it'd be for someone like Krystal to add moveset diversity. Didn't really expect the Starfox brand to shrink in the game...especially now that a new Starfox is coming.

He really can't be called a clone at all; unless sharing conceptual (as with Samus to Link) or visual similarities (to the degree of Kirby to Jigglypuff or Robin to Shulk) are enough to make a character qualify. While most of my disagreements with this game's direction can be justified with the limited resources of development or being subjective artistic decisions, I can't see how prioritising Falco over Wolf was the better decision in the slightest.

Anyone know what Samus's customs are?

Neutral special
Default: Charge Shot (Samus charges up a ball of energy and fires it.)
Custom 1: Dense Charge Shot (Takes longer to charge. Shots fired deal slightly more damage and travel extremely slowly; up to three can exist at once.)
Custom 2: Melee Charge Shot (Fires a "shotgun blast" of energy that only hits point-blank.)

Side special
Default: Missile (Samus fires either a tracking Homing Missile or a fast Super Missile.)
Custom 1: Relentless Missile (Missiles move much slower.)
Custom 2: Turbo Missile (Missiles pause in the air once fired before shooting out at high speed.) <---my personal favorite

Up special
Default: Screw Attack (Samus leaps upwards in a spinning ball of energy.)
Custom 1: Screw Rush (Screw Attack, but diagonally up and forward.)
Custom 2: Apex Screw Attack (Moves only vertically and hits only twice. The 2nd hit launches.)

Down special
Default: Bomb (Samus rolls up and drops a bomb, which explodes on a timer.)
Custom 1: Slip Bomb (Bombs deal little damage, but trip grounded opponents and meteor aerial ones.)
Custom 2: Mega Bomb (Can only have one out at a time, but deals more damage.)

Don't worry about it. I'm on est time so I should be awake during. I just need to set my alarm for like 11 am and get out of bed in the morning.

Lol, alright bro if you insist. Thank goodness I don't work tomorrow so I can manage it.

Oh wait hold up, I think we should postpone it to 4/5 pm cst/est given I just remembered I had another commitment to manage around that time. Is that cool with you?

Jesus fuck

"Sorry Tails if this looks gay to the viewers"

Said all Sonic mains prior to switching over. /s

And then the fucking "Spring Yard Zone" shit too. All it needs is a visual of being so fast they run out the clock the minute the match starts.

I wonder if there's a version of this for hoo hah Kong too.

Top Bottom