• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Reposting these hype Ganondorf vs. Pikachu matches from FGW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvU5RQ-nJog&feature=youtu.be&t=5m3s

OH MY. WHAT AN ENDING.

I have to learn to do that.

Thanks for this.

-------------------------

Wolf isn't a clone in the slightest. All his standard attacks are completely different from Fox and Falco. Only thing similar is Special moves.

-----------------------

As Bowser even if you get a shield break on Rosalina you will have to captialize on swatting Luma first. And even then Bowser's T-Rex grab range of klaw probably won't connect with Rosalina's wonky hitbox half the time. You are better off using a Bowser Bomb honestly. But most of the match will be jabs and tilts.

Wolf isn't a clone in the slightest. All his standard attacks are completely different from Fox and Falco. Only thing similar is Special moves.
And only really his reflector and blaster are vaguely similar. The other two are basically new moves.

If Wolf is a clone, so is Ike, basically.

Brawl didn't really add any "proper" clones. Lucas is probably the closest one, but he's different enough. Brawl also changed up old clones to be more unique to the point where Ganondorf and Young Link are basically new characters (Young Link literally became a new character lol).

I think Dark Pit and Doc are around for awhile now (fairly popular and not easily replaced by the latest hotness like Lucina), so it'll be interesting to see if Smash 5 Brawlifies them like it did to Ganon, YL and Falco.

Beats

Please tell me they have ones for the Star Fox characters

Not Smash 4 related, but there's this one:

B8TXyagCYAASYHh.jpg

you know, you'd think someone in the Smash 4 community would step up with compiling tournament results, something like MIOM's Weekly Wrap Up except with a Smash 4 focus
(something like Juggleguy's Year in Review writeups would be nice....but I'm not expecting that level of dedication lol)

RomanceDawn

The dreams of men will never die!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpOJqNHIkYM

For me that is a near perfect size. He reminds me of Super Metroid Ridley. His tail and wings don't have hurt boxes like Charizard and he doesn't clip any more than any other big character. All I want is for his head to be slightly larger and of course a legit Nintendo team backing him. As for is super long range with his tail, it is no different than the Smash Attacks from Mii, Mega Man and Palutena.

Ridley can work Sakurai! Ridley can work...

For me that is a near perfect size. He reminds me of Super Metroid Ridley. His tail and wings don't have hurt boxes like Charizard and he doesn't clip any more than any other big character. All I want is for his head to be slightly larger and of course a legit Nintendo team backing him. As for is super long range with his tail, it is no different than the Smash Attacks from Mii, Mega Man and Palutena.

He looks terrible. You can't tell where his hurtboxes are so it's weird when trying to attack.

Boney

Banned
It kinda lagged there for a second, you ok with it? It fixed itself though at the end.

And got damn is Samus sturdy

Saw this the other day and couldn't get over how bad his animations were.

I don't think I've seen a Ridley mod that's impressed me. Admittedly this is probably one of the better ones (Other M design notwithstanding), but that's not saying much imo.

This works (though not as well) with other characters too; jump, fast fall, grab. Most people are conditioned to expect at hit if you're jumping at them.
This is pretty risky though. Chomp is pretty safe on the other hand, and is very hard to react to because it activates in the air.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Probably the best Ridley mod there will ever be. It's currently going through balancing and testing and touch up stuff at the moment.

Boney

Banned
Fun matches, Zelda has a lot of tricky moves and a lot of ko power so you always gotta be super careful. Enjoyed them inmensly

Top Bottom