• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GGs Heath. Your DHD is still great. Your Wario was doing some nice things too

Thanks, I think my skills is pretty rusty. I really need to find a way to get better and overhaul everything about my characters. I think I know what I did wrong.

Your Ness, Link, Pac Man and Mii Brawler are pretty good.

Sorry if this is a bit of side track but quick question...

Am I missing any confirmed DLC?

-Miiverse Stage
-Mewtwo
-Tourney Mode
-Tournament finder (online)

Sharing Mii, Custom Stages, etc

So are there any good training videos you guys would like to recommend? Most of the videos I see tend to have the problem of not really explaining anything. It'll show you the inputs, but assume you know the usefulness of them and *how* to use the inputs. Or how to respond to what situations, things like that. So if anyone has any *really* good videos for someone who has a good grasp on the basics of Smash, but very little idea on the advanced Smash, (particularly for a Peach player), that'd be awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=1194444

Honestly any one of these works fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IBPLI48/?tag=neogaf0e-20 This is the one I personally have.

But for those not in the know, powerline adapters basically use your electrical grid to extend your ethernet connection. So say you have a router downstairs, but want a "direct" connection upstairs, you can use this to accomplish that without having to install a long ethernet cord around the house.

Of course if you want to run ethernet through the walls/along the walls, you could always order a long CAT5 cable off of Monoprice.com for pretty cheap.

Thanks for this, I'll definitely get one of these in the future. Right now things are kind of coming all at once, so...=_=

FSLink

Banned
Thanks for this, I'll definitely get one of these in the future. Right now things are kind of coming all at once, so...=_=

Powerline adapters can be hit or miss, but nowadays they are more reliable.

It's worth looking into IMO if your living arrangement doesn't let you run a long ethernet cord.

Powerline adapters can be hit or miss, but nowadays they are more reliable.

It's worth looking into IMO if your living arrangement doesn't let you run a long ethernet cord.

Yeah, that's the exact reason why I've been using wireless. I can't have a long cable running along the floor. It'll piss off everyone I live with.

GGs, Jem! Liking the Fox. I would try to avoid coming back to the stage with side-b often with him as I can punish it. I like that I can do it with Falco more though since I can recover faster from it than Fox, haha.

Anyone participating in the Nintendo World team tourney tomorrow?
Do you have info about it?

GGs, Jem! Liking the Fox. I would try to avoid coming back to the stage with side-b often with him as I can punish it. I like that I can do it with Falco more though since I can recover faster from it than Fox, haha.
Thanks man! Yeah, it's a bad habit I have with him lol Your Dark Pit is looking sharp!

vikki

Do you have info about it?

Nintendo World website has info. It's a doubles tourney, I guess. Show up early, they take the first 128 people. Handing out wrist bands at 8 am and the tourney starts at 11. I'm not going, but I was wondering if any of you participate in any events there?

DooD1234

Also fighting you tipster greatly improve my megaman. So many people apparently struggle getting through walls of metal blade and crash bomber. You could use more lemons in your life though.

JulianImp

I think the Tornado up B is crazy good.

Same here. I also like the bombs even though they're kind of like a weaker egg throw. I'd rather replace side-B with something else as well due to how easy to avoid the default attack is.

Getting slightly bored of Sonic right now after reaching kind of a plateau in my skill level with him, so I decided to give Link a try (the video someone posted a while ago made me feel like I should give him a try), and I think he has finally become more of a viable character than in previous games.

Still, my habit of dash attacking due to using Sonic has led to many stupid moments with Link... not like dash attack spamming with Sonic is that good, either, but I feel like I can get away with it way way more than with most other characters.

While playing Sonic, I notice I do best when I really get into it and manage to be the one who controls the game's pacing and spacing, but when my opponents seize the initiative I tend to be fairly predictable with my DI and escape plans.

Puruzi

Banned
GGs, getting tired of Rosalina. Character is really aggravating to play against. Still think she's the best character in the game, not Diddy.

Nabster92

GGs, getting tired of Rosalina. Character is really aggravating to play against. Still think she's the best character in the game, not Diddy.

GG's. Maybe she can be once people learn how to use her better, but for now I think she pretty easily is beaten by Sheik and Diddy

The one thing I really hate about Rosa is that she has deceptively long reach. I always misjudge the distance, how wide the attacks hit and how long they go for when fighting her.

The one thing I really hate about Rosa is that she has deceptively long reach. I always misjudge the distance, how wide the attacks hit and how long they go for when fighting her.

I think another thing about her is her attacks change her positioning, and thus her hitboxes dramatically. It can be hard to hit her because of that fact.

FSLink

Banned
One my main. Love megaman too. I guess none of his custom are good beside skull barrier?

A lot of his customs are pretty good to very good.
Bomb is like a weaker egg throw like you said, and there's some tech you can do with it.

Shadow Blade is good for close range pressure, and it can combo into usmash and grabs.

Beat allows you to go off farther below stage to edge guard and still make it back.

Tornado Hold is good, watch Ninjalink on YT on how to use this. It goes less high vertically but can be used offensively.

Danger Wrap is a side B that goes up at an angle with very good killing power. The default crash bomb is still great though just because of the mindgames you can do with it.
Ice Slasher has the niche use against superarmor moves, apparently freezing moves work really well against them.

DownB is preference. Skull Barrier for projectile users, Leaf Shield is weaker than Plant Barrier, can be thrown farther, and lasts longer, so it's personal preference for that. I prefer Leaf Shield for the easier edge guard shenanigans.

Doesn't Luma counter bananas?

As a Diddy player, not really. I can just throw the banana at Luma for some small free damage since it can't shield. It's really easy to short hop, uair Luma and separate the two, or go for a yolo sideB followup. Might get damaged but it can push Luma pretty far. Rosalina could downB to grab the banana, but I usually bait the Rosalina player into doing this since her downB has some cooldown. Allows me to go in and hit her in the face.

Battering Banana would send Luma upwards making it easy to separate the two as well. Diddy's fast and kills early so it gives Rosalina issues for sure.

DooD1234

A lot of his customs are pretty good to very good.
Bomb is like a weaker egg throw like you said, and there's some tech you can do with it.

Shadow Blade is good for close range pressure, and it can combo into usmash and grabs.

Beat allows you to go off farther below stage to edge guard and still make it back.

Tornado Hold is good, watch Ninjalink on YT on how to use this. It goes less high vertically but can be used offensively.

Danger Wrap is a side B that goes up at an angle with very good killing power. The default crash bomb is still great though just because of the mindgames you can do with it.
Ice Slasher has the niche use against superarmor moves, apparently freezing moves work really well against them.

DownB is preference. Skull Barrier for projectile users, Leaf Shield is weaker than Plant Barrier, can be thrown farther, and lasts longer, so it's personal preference for that. I prefer Leaf Shield for the easier edge guard shenanigans.
Sounds good although I don't know bout leaf shield as that have always seem pretty useless to me. Something you use to throw people off sometime but hardly used for anything.

FSLink

Banned
Sounds good although I don't know bout leaf shield as that have always seem pretty useless to me. Something you use to throw people off sometime but hardly used for anything.

No, it's situational but not useless. You can use it to approach for a grab, rolling is so much safer with it on. You can also ledge trump with it on, and you can gimp with it as well. It's also a mediocre projectile to throw in-between Metal Blades/Crash Bombs.

Top Bottom