• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

emb

So what am I ban from the OT since I can't use an Ethernet adapter unless I move my Wii U around and play with the game pad?
Shh, don't tell anyone, but I don't use an adapter either. Lost the one I had for Wii ages ago, plus my new house has no ethernet cable running to the game room.

No one has really complained about my connection so far, but there are lag spikes here and there (I always assume it's the other connection, since so many matches are acceptable.) If I was more into the online play, I'd probably try to rig it up. But as is, I just grab a few quick matches every once in a while. Don't play many other games online, since Nintendo rarely implements it, and all the other consoles put up a paywall.

I bought this game yesterday. Not entirely sure why. I've never played a Smash game before. Not even for 5 seconds.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I have lost every single fight against the CPU so far. Every single one.

Any tips? The training seems the most pointless thing ever. It tells me nothing.

jon_dojah

Banned
And how exactly are you doing that might I ask?

There's a way to automate getting custom moves using a turbo controller. I used the method below while adding Palutena into the mix to increase the probability of getting desirable unlocked moves. I've about 300 more moves to go. At the rate I'm going it should about 4 more days to get all of them but its still based somewhat on luck. Without this trick it could take months to open them all. Nintendo always making it hard.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2x6w8a/completely_automatic_custom_farming_method_found/

I bought this game yesterday. Not entirely sure why. I've never played a Smash game before. Not even for 5 seconds.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I have lost every single fight against the CPU so far. Every single one.

Any tips? The training seems the most pointless thing ever. It tells me nothing.
What character are you playing?

So what am I ban from the OT since I can't use an Ethernet adapter unless I move my Wii U around and play with the game pad?
Buy an electrical adapter for your wall socket, then. It is still leagues better than a wireless connection.

emb

Hitting them adds to their percent. The more percent they are, the farther they go when hit. hit them until they fly off the stage.

You can jump once in the air. Then you can (with most characters) press up and B to go up again. Use these to come back to the stage.

Press L or R to shield. Press Z (or shield plus A) to grab. Grabbing beats shield. Pressing A or B plus up, left, right, down (or no direction) does different moves.

I'm not sure how much you've figured out on your own, but that's the outline of the basics.

Boney

Banned

Definately give the tutorial video a watch, it plays when idle on the main menu or in the vault menu

Tovarisch

Sorry if old
by Ástor Alexander:
TkKJhHi.jpg

I love picture like the above, they're humorous. :)

Melee Mario feels weaker than Sm4sh Mario, who doesn't feel as powerful as PM Mario. It's crazy how strong Mario is in PM, or maybe it's just me. :O

Trey

about to give it a go. if the problem persists I'm calling it a night.

GGs, sorry about the lag. you have a decent peach yourself.

Another time.

DooD1234

Man all my online matches are terrible tonight. Maybe I should look into that electrical adapter Karsticles mention but then my wii fi is usually very stable.

Edit, what in the world with that video up there?

Well I liked the video that the song was from. This video just reminds me of the stupid ass GMOD videos.

I'm pretty sure it IS a GMOD video.

EDIT:
Man all my online matches are terrible tonight. Maybe I should look into that electrical adapter Karsticles mention but then my wii fi is usually very stable.

Edit, what in the world with that video up there?

I don't give a SHIT how stable your wifi is, it'll never approach the low latency of wired.

I had a pretty amazing night at locals. Actually made someone say Bowser is "bullshit". Four shield break kills, including two that floated off the side of the ledge at ~20%. One of those shield breaks was a Villager hurtling behind the sproutling. Bahaha!

I got some new Bowser strategies that worked well. Beat two Sonic players, though the matches were always close.

Most importantly, I think I figured out a potential ideal partner for Bowser in Doubles.

Goddamn Jigglypuff.

I was playing singles with a guy, and two other guys were just watching. They were going to swap it up, but I suggested Doubles. Randomly, I ended up partnered with the Jiggs player. I wasn't happy, because I didn't think there was synergy there, but goddamn it, the matches were magic. We destroyed. Bowser is a monster on the ground, and Jiggs has the best aerial movement, so we kind of moved together. He would cover above me, and I covered the ground area. In three matches, we had TWO instances of friendly fire. He was just never in my way because he could maneuver so well, and he would hover about waiting for moments to strike during the ground game. When we had one player left, he could always float behind them for easy sandwiching. A cornered opponent with Bowser on one side and Jiggs hovering on the left has a lot to be afraid of.

I am not sure if Peach or Kirby could fill the role as well, but goddamn. I used to think it made sense for Bowser to have a projectile character to back him up. Now I understand that the projectiles just lead to lots of friendly fire due to Bowser's weak mobility, and what he really needs is aerial support. Not so much because Bowser can't handle the air, but because it just means he can go wild on the ground without worrying about friendly fire. It also meant we had clear roles and purposes without even discussing it just based on our character types.

I am so happy right now!

DooD1234

I had a pretty amazing night at locals. Actually made someone say Bowser is "bullshit". Four shield break kills, including two that floated off the side of the ledge at ~20%. One of those shield breaks was a Villager hurtling behind the sproutling. Bahaha!

I got some new Bowser strategies that worked well. Beat two Sonic players, though the matches were always close.

Most importantly, I think I figured out a potential ideal partner for Bowser in Doubles.

Goddamn Jigglypuff.

I was playing singles with a guy, and two other guys were just watching. They were going to swap it up, but I suggested Doubles. Randomly, I ended up partnered with the Jiggs player. I wasn't happy, because I didn't think there was synergy there, but goddamn it, the matches were magic. We destroyed. Bowser is a monster on the ground, and Jiggs has the best aerial movement, so we kind of moved together. He would cover above me, and I covered the ground area. In three matches, we had TWO instances of friendly fire. He was just never in my way because he could maneuver so well, and he would hover about waiting for moments to strike during the ground game. When we had one player left, he could always float behind them for easy sandwiching. A cornered opponent with Bowser on one side and Jiggs hovering on the left has a lot to be afraid of.

I am not sure if Peach or Kirby could fill the role as well, but goddamn. I used to think it made sense for Bowser to have a projectile character to back him up. Now I understand that the projectiles just lead to lots of friendly fire due to Bowser's weak mobility, and what he really needs is aerial support. Not so much because Bowser can't handle the air, but because it just means he can go wild on the ground without worrying about friendly fire. It also meant we had clear roles and purposes without even discussing it just based on our character types.

I am so happy right now!
You played in a tournament? Who beat you and who won the grand final? (If it's a tournament of course) wish I could find weekly tournaments I can go to.

Sounds like you had plenty of fun inducing salt to people.

Get a powerline adapter.
Got a link for folks?

You played in a tournament? Who beat you and who won the grand final? (If it's a tournament of course) wish I could find weekly tournaments I can go to.

Sounds like you had plenty of fun inducing salt to people.
They do a tournament, but I don't participate because I can't stay the whole time. 6am work and all that. I just play casuals with lots of folks. Two weeks ago I went to a tournament and got second place. Lost to a Captain Falcon player, and the same guy that put me in Losers. Falcon is so frustrating for Bowser. The gimps are brutal...

Got a link for folks?

They do a tournament, but I don't participate because I can't stay the whole time. 6am work and all that. I just play casuals with lots of folks. Two weeks ago I went to a tournament and got second place. Lost to a Captain Falcon player, and the same guy that put me in Losers. Falcon is so frustrating for Bowser. The gimps are brutal...
You should Smash with your students because you're a teacher. :) Show them the way of Bowser, and break their spirits like you break shields.

Good games Nabster! Glad to see the evolution of the neutral air approach, it's a lot less punishable when you space it like that and the forward smash follow up is solid!

Luma kept catching me today in ways he doesn't normally, and his hit on that up smash is fucking brutal. Great stuff!

Thanks for playing!

Top Bottom